The Dead Zone

The Dead ZoneNetwork: USA
Episodes: 80 (hour)
Seasons: Six

TV show dates: June 16, 2002 — September 16, 2007
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Anthony Michael Hall, Chris Bruno, Nicole de Boer, John L. Adams, David Ogden Stiers, Bill Mondy, Spencer Achtymichuk, Sean Patrick Flanery, Kristen Dalton, Johanna Olson, Jim Francis, and Michael St. John Smith.

the dead zone past TV show

TV show description:
Johnny Smith (Anthony Michael Hall), a teacher in the small town of Heritage, is involved in a serious car accident that leaves him in a six year coma.

When he awakens, he discovers that his fiancee, Sarah Bracknell (Nicole DeBoer), gave birth to their son Johnny “JJ” (Spencer Achtymichuk, later Connor Price) and has since married Sheriff Walt Bannerman (Chris Bruno). Johnny also begins to have visions of past and future events, triggered by physical contact with other people. His doctors attribute this power to Johnny’s mind using a previously unused area of his brain (a “dead zone”) to compensate for areas injured in the accident.

With the help of Sarah, Walt, and physiotherapist Bruce Lewis (John L. Adams), Johnny uses his abilities to help solve crimes and prevent accidents. His efforts are complicated by intermittent visions of apocalyptic events following the future election of unstable Greg Stillson (Sean Patrick Flanery) to Congress.

Other characters include shady Reverend Gene Purdy (David Ogden Stiers); Bangor Daily Times reporter Dana Bright (Kristen Dalton); child psychiatrist Rebecca Caldwell (Sarah Wynter); female psychic Alex Sinclair (Jennifer Finnigan); powerful Stillson backer Malcom Janus (Martin Donovan); and Walt’s deputy, Roscoe (Bill Mondy).

Stacie Burek May 11, 2014 at 12:54 am

WHY WAS THIS CANCELLED?????????? THE RATINGS MUST HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE ROOF??????? PLEASE – PLEASE – PLEASE BRING IT BACK

Marian December 8, 2013 at 7:04 am

One of the best TV shows!

liam July 31, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Huh? Just watched this on Netflix….frustrated

Rosaria April 7, 2011 at 5:53 pm

I read the book and I saw the orig Dead Zone movie then I started watching the series and I loved it Anthony Michael Hall portayed John Smith perfectly…I dont understand why you would not at least end the series instead of leaving it hanging if you want to end something then end it the right way I just finised season six little behind because I work 70 hrs a week and have not been able to watch my favorite shows so I rented Dead Zone and watched it from the beginning again and made it to the sixth season and was very upset that there wasnt a season seven ….. What a terrible way to end things without ending it …. it like reading a book and the last chapter was ripped out it really sucks…….

KEYSH December 14, 2010 at 8:05 am

I HAVENT WATCH THE LAST EPISODE YET BUT THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. NOW A DAYS SHOWS DONT END LIKE IT SHOULD. I WAS LOOKING AT ANOTHER SHOW AND IT ENDED WITH NO SOLUTION JUST LEFT YOU WONDERING WHAT THE HECK. TV NETWORKS SHOULD AT LEAST LET SHOWS PUT AN ENDING TO THE SHOWS THEY WANT TO CANCEL.

UK_Nutjob_Wants_DeadZone_Closure October 6, 2010 at 2:27 pm

TV in the UK is behind in schedule to USA. One of our channels shows Dead Zone but it’s in season 4. Still got hooked though and watched the rest on the Web.

That is no way to end a TV series! Far too much left unresolved.

It’s about time that these TV networks realise that a fan base, no matter how small, is important and if they want to charge companies for advertising slots, then those companies need justifiable amounts of viewers to see those ads on their networks.

If the networks keep on disappointing their small fan bases, consequently the accumulation of lots of small fan base losses = a big loss and advert companies will go elsewhere to advertise their clients.

Here’s an idea, abolish the reality TV rubbish which saturates TV networks globally and use the money saved from making that rubbish for good quality TV (e.g. a final Dead Zone series with a deserving finale)

Call it recycling if you will, for as we all know, recycling is good for the planet (and for frustrated just-watched-the-last-episode-of-another-series-with-no-finale internet users with not much better to do than to rant about it on some random blog that Google found when one afore mentioned internet user looked up Dead Zone series 7 :)

Sort it out TV network people ………. or I will start posting random nonsense like this on your forums, blogs, Twitters and any other internet “social” networking web gizmo thingy invented within the universe in the foreseeable future!

Lois Johnston July 13, 2010 at 11:21 am

I just finished watching all 6 seasons on Netflix and have been searching for season 7. This was a really good show and a movie to tie up all the loose ends would be really great. How would we get enough interest generated to have USA make this movie happen? I wish I knew, if anyone knows how, post a note. I will start the ball rolling.

valerie September 3, 2009 at 1:27 pm

i understand that networks have to cancle shows for one reason or another , however they should give the viewers closer on the series. it would be the only decent thing to do.

Tina August 16, 2009 at 6:57 am

You could have a movie and just give us some closure it anything.

Karen July 15, 2009 at 10:03 pm

I was deeply disappointed that “The Dead Zone” was cancelled. Did we ever find out what info was in Walt’s computer? PLEASE bring it back or at least do a movie-type finale!

Elaine June 22, 2009 at 3:30 pm

I too miss this show….come on Anthony cant we have a real ending!!

Ruby May 11, 2009 at 1:24 am

I just can’t get over how this show ended. With some good writer there is still a lot of life here in this show. I think most of us wanted Johnny and Sara together. Then with it coming out that his father, Johnny and now is son all have the gift. I just can’t get over that big slap in the face with a show ending like this. Lots of us have watched for six years just hanging on to our seats waiting for the next show. No show should end like this. There should be at least a book or a movie to put a good end to everything. Come On Help!!!!

Shelly Platz April 30, 2009 at 6:18 pm

I really miss this show! It sucks that it is gone!

Rose April 20, 2009 at 7:07 am