The Event: TV Show May Still Be Renewed for Season Two

Event saved and renewedWord came down today that NBC was cancelling The Event after one season. The serial drama drew positive numbers at the beginning but they have been in decline for much of the season.

The show may not be dead just yet though. Deadline reports that there are talks underway to continue the series elsewhere. Executive producer Steve Stark declined to comment but word is that Netflix may be interested in picking up the show. Netflix had no comment. There’s also supposedly been interest from cable and digital outlets.

Stark noted that they are investigating different options with the full support of Universal Media Studios, the show’s producer. He said, “NBC has been an amazing partner, it launched the show beautifully.”

Series creator Nick Wauters added, “We have a dedicated fan base, and we promised them we will deliver one way or another and will continue to tell our stories.”

Actor Ian Anthony Dale, Simon Lee on The Event, tweeted, “To our amazing fans, our time on NBC may be over, but we are working hard to find a new home that shares our collective enthusiasm.”

What do you think? Should The Event be saved? Where would be the best new home for the series? Would you pay to watch it?

Canceled and renewed TV show

366 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Tennille says

I just finished watching season 1 on Netflix. I really enjoyed it so I’ve been searching for season 2, that’s when I found this site. I must say I am very disappointed to here the story ends there! That stinks big dodo! Bring it back or at least release a few more episodes just so you can finish the story! again I am extremely disappointed!!!

• Anonymous says

June 4,2012,

I feel as Tennille does. I am extremely disappointed that The show The Event was cancelled. I looked forward to the series every week. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!Try the syfy network. It’s worth a shot.

2. annie says

aww please bring it back me and my husband watch it in the uk and think its great never missed an episode, actually feeling abit gutted its like reading a really good book to notice the final chapter has been ripped out and that book is the only copy in the world :(

• julie says

I really like the tv series the event so far. I started watching it on netflix and cant stop watching it so please continue making seasons.

3. says

I guess since there was hardly any gratuitous big boobs flashing or guys showing off their six packs, this show was destined for cancellation. I mean no “rape” scenes or gross misogynistic scenes for women. No swearing just to be swearing, or bodily fluid “jackass” style laugh tracks..what were these creators thinking?

• rebecca powers says

so true. it was actually a GREAT show and I guess it didn’t fit the criteria for CRAP that NBC usually plays. I just finished season 1 on netflix and LOVED IT. I was captivated on each episode. Too bad they can’t figure something out. I would watch it as a TV show or a movie and tell all my friends.

4. theresa says

I enjoyed the show I looked forward to the next episode every week, I been waiting for season two to start,but had no clue that it was being cancelled, why not try the syfy network .
    No matter what network. I just hope it will continue with the story. It would be interesting to see what happpens next.

5. Brian says

I am tiered of the net work big shot idiot’s… They only care about the numbers which in today’s time they set the dam bar to high there or far to many things on tv to get your numbers… The event is a real good show… It makes you wonder what all does go on at the white house that our goverment never tells us…

6. Tara Blackston says

Please continue with “The Event” it is a very interesting and intriguing show. I loved it and have been anxiuously awaiting the next season. Truthfully it was the only TV Series I watched on network TV. Please bring it back!!

7. Gaming Goober says

I loved the show, and hope that is gets picked up for more seasons. I am very interested in finding out the plot, and what “The Event” is, that will unfortunately be the demise of humanity.

8. Hooked says

I would like to say that when I first started watching The Event, I thought it was in the same league as the show LOST which I was a big fan of that show. (Oh by the way HUGE HIT) Never thought this show would be cancelled. But I have and idea NBC if you don’t want to take a chance on it why don’t you sell it to another cable network like the SCI-FI channel or even USA and let them run with it. The show is to good to die even if you don’t want to be the one to revive it.

• michael D'Lasnow says

I love the series, it moved with plenty of suspenseful action and I thought Jason Ritter and the entire cast were very well acted, continually drawing the viewer in, where one could not help but SIT ON THE EDGE OF HIS SEAT ,just watching for how the next episode showed resolution…what a terrific and sad waste to most if not all viewers, and the ambiguity and uncertainty about the fate of earthlings…and what was in point of fact actually happening now. was obscured to say the least and lost on me…a real shabby ending, so CALLED. THis was no ending at all, no resolution…all sound and fury, signifying nothing!

9. says

I loved The Event and The Defenders, every good show NBC puts out they take off and add more stupid 30 minute retarded comdeies that I CAN’T STAND!!! There are so many of that kind of crap on every channel that there is nothing of interest for serious adults to watch any more. I find myself watching more FX, TNT and USA shows because they have shows that audlts find interesting not stupid!!!!

10. Anonymous says

Best I’ve seen – writing, characters, casting, plot, subject matter, storyline. Just finished watching all of season 1 and want more. Please keep it alive and airing.

11. says

bring it back soon best show for so long. It was Clean but I had trouble getting to see it on nbc like some times it had other shows in its place and it got hard to get back to it but would love it to be on NewFlix recently saw the entire series.