The Exes: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Three?

The Exes on TV Land canceled or renewed?This week marks the end of the second season of The Exes on TV Land. How’s the show been performing? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

On The Exes, divorce attorney Holly Brooks (Kristen Johnston) is the landlord to three male friends and former clients — recently divorced Stuart (David Alan Basche), womanizing Phil (Donald Faison) and lazy Haskell (Wayne Knight).

To date, the second season of The Exes has averaged a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 910,000 total viewers.

Compared to last season, the series has performed about as well in the demo but has fallen by 23% in viewership.

Do you think The Exes should get a third season?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

When stacked against TV Land’s other original sitcoms, The Exes is one of the lower-rated shows of the bunch but isn’t doing that much worse. The cable channel also seems devoted to growing their slate of original comedies and to date hasn’t cancelled any of them (though that may change with Retired at 35).

The Exes’ fate could go either way but I suspect that it’ll end up getting renewed for a third season.

But, what do you think? Are you a fan of The Exes? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Elinor October 1, 2012 at 12:21 am

I hope it is renewed for a third season it is just getting in to the swing of things but I also hope they change the opening sequence back to the original its so LAME at the moment.

Steve September 29, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I like the Exes I think that they should renew this show. Tv Land should announce it soon.

Cherie September 29, 2012 at 7:50 am

I hope it gets renewed I love this show… Even my husband likes The Exes and he seldom likes the same shows as I do…

Taylor September 18, 2012 at 11:14 pm

I have really become of a fan of the exes because it’s hysterical at times. It’s something that I actually enjoy watching with my family. I hope they get renewed for a third season because tv land has great shows and including this one makes it better. Also hot in Cleveland is an awesome show.

ginger September 17, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I think this one of the geniunely funniest shows that is on. I hope they don’t change any of the characters and renew it. I mean I make the effort of watching it every week….even the reruns.

leigh September 8, 2012 at 8:18 pm

i think it should be renewed because it pretty funny show but like any other show i like it most likely will be cancelled

rosiemom September 7, 2012 at 9:49 am

I really like the show and watch it without fail. I think the threesome (guys) works well, and unlike “Producer” I like the Stuart character. I think that perhaps the writers could reduced his awkward/geeky lines/situations more and flesh his character out to continue to be a foil but without some of the similarity to Holly.

Producer September 6, 2012 at 11:16 am

I would change the show and just get rid of Stuart. From a show chemistry point of view, his awkwardness and relationship mishaps stories can just be given to Kristen Johnston’s character. Having two characters with the same challenges dilutes the show story telling and character development. If the producers want to have a “fifth”, then I would suggest creating an extra character that lives in the building and can mix it up with the main cast from time to time. Think of Newman in Seinfeld.. that really worked well, where a foursome added a “fifth”.

Another option; more stunt casting ( Zach Braff, Judith Light, Diedrich Bader, etc..). Imagine seeing some of the cast of 3rd Rock from the Sun (John Lithgow, French Stewart
Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jane Curtin) or Scrubs (John C. McGinley, Judy Reyes) in this show. That would really get people to watch!! This formula works well in Hot in Cleveland. (another brilliant show on TV LAND).

I hope the network & producers read this and give the show another great season.

Rapidrail September 5, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I certainly hope it gets renewed. I have loved watching Kelly Stables since she was on 2 1/2 Men. She is one of those female comedic actors who can be both pretty and funny. And, what a great source for short jokes. She has already used a few.

Caio Silva September 5, 2012 at 11:38 am

i love Kristen Johnston and Kelly Stables, I hope for a third season.

Dedra September 3, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I think this show is brilliant. It is intelligent humor and in my opinion is the best comedy on tvland.

Patrice September 3, 2012 at 5:02 pm

The Exes should definetly be renewed for a 3rd season! It is the best show on TV land
Best writers, best actors and Kristen Johnston is the most incredible actress on
TV Land.

Justin September 3, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I certainly pray that The Exes gets renewed. It’s one of the few shows I can actually watch with enjoyment, rather than being repulsed by utter filth and trash. Though, I must admit that a few episodes had my frightened, appearing to go the way of virtually all sitcoms. That is: Season 1 – Fresh, clean and fun; Season 2 – Fresh, clean, fun, but adding a bit of cliche, gimmicky material to draw in raunchier viewers… eventually ANY show can go from G-rated to NC-17 in the blink of an eye. Dear “The Exes”, please DON’T fall into that!

Nick September 3, 2012 at 9:03 am

It has a 60% chance of being renewed. It’s OK by TV Land standards.
As a side note, I think The Soul Man has a 75% chance of renewal and Retired at 35 has a 45% chance of renewal.

Tha Critic September 2, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Will most likely be renewed.