The Exes: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Three?

The Exes on TV Land canceled or renewed?This week marks the end of the second season of The Exes on TV Land. How’s the show been performing? Will it be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

On The Exes, divorce attorney Holly Brooks (Kristen Johnston) is the landlord to three male friends and former clients — recently divorced Stuart (David Alan Basche), womanizing Phil (Donald Faison) and lazy Haskell (Wayne Knight).

To date, the second season of The Exes has averaged a 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 910,000 total viewers.

Compared to last season, the series has performed about as well in the demo but has fallen by 23% in viewership.

Do you think The Exes should get a third season?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

When stacked against TV Land’s other original sitcoms, The Exes is one of the lower-rated shows of the bunch but isn’t doing that much worse. The cable channel also seems devoted to growing their slate of original comedies and to date hasn’t cancelled any of them (though that may change with Retired at 35).

The Exes’ fate could go either way but I suspect that it’ll end up getting renewed for a third season.

But, what do you think? Are you a fan of The Exes? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

81 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Teri says

My whole family loves the exes. This is one of the funniest sitcoms i have seen in anlong time. Can’t wait for the new season. I agree; quit showing reruns from the 70’s and show some of the newer shows.

2. Larry says

I think the show is very funny and should last another year at least.
    There are other shows tht should go before this one.

3. jerry says

The Exes is the funniest original series, don’t know why the ratings are low, I get tired the channel keep changing the tv lineup all the time, I really don’t wanna watch the cosby show or golden girls. I love King of Queens, Raymond, That 70s show, Home Improvement, etc…..

• Anonymous says

Jerry you hit the head of the nail on that one. I absolutey feel the same way. I really dont care to watch cosby show or golden girls. I love all the shows you mentioned.

4. Anita says

Please, Please, Please bring The Exes back. It is one of the “Funniest” sitcoms on TV. I don’t have many faves by way of sitcoms and by taking this one it just takes away my viewership. Please TVLand??? You guys struck gold with these originals and it takes the majority of us back to the days when sitcoms were funny and worth watching.

5. Jacquee says

I really am not a sitcom person, but this show is so funny. Something that most sitcoms on the other networks that we run into aren’t. I think the time slot is pretty late. The only reason I even saw it, was I had the day off and got a rerun during the day. This show needs to be on earlier to give it more of a chance. Than maybe it won’t even be considered being cancelled and give more people a chance to view it. Please don’t cancel this show.

6. Ruthie says

PLEASE! Don’t Cancel, they are the funniest group. My husband, daughter and I love that show, it just comes on so late. It is the best grown up show and the cast is excellent!