The Finder: TV Show Moving to Fridays

Finder TV show movesFOX is bringing back The Finder quicker than expected. The network is delaying the premiere of Hotel Hell until summer and are using the Friday 8pm timeslot for the unaired episodes of the drama.

It had been announced that the Bones spin-off would have its spring finale next week, on March 8th. The Finder has been a ratings disappointment and it was unclear when or if the show would return. Now, FOX has decided to shift it to little-watched Friday nights starting April 6th. There will be six original episodes left at that point.

The season to date has averaged a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 6.63 million total viewers. Despite having a big lead-in like American Idol, The Finder is the second lowest-rated drama on the network, beating only Fringe. It looks likely that the freshman series will be cancelled after just one season.

HOT FROM FOX…

“THE FINDER” MOVES TO FRIDAYS ON APRIL 6 WITH AN ALL-NEW EPISODE FEATURING CURTIS “50 CENT” JACKSON

THE FINDER’s Last Thursday Night Episode Airs March 8

After its final Thursday night episode on March 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), THE FINDER will move to Fridays starting April 6 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Don’t miss THE FINDER’s last Thursday episode on March 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), in which Walter (Geoff Stults) searches for a teenage girl who goes missing during an intense storm. Meanwhile, Isabel (Mercedes Masohn) uncovers clues that link the girl’s disappearance to foul play and Willa’s (Maddie Hasson) probation officer puts her differences with Willa aside to join in the search.

Then, THE FINDER makes its time period premiere on Friday, April 6 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). The episode features Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson as music mogul Big Glade, who enlists Walter’s help in finding the source of illegally released songs. Big Glade’s business savvy lawyer (guest star Salli Richardson-Whitfield) is also Leo’s (Michael Clarke Duncan) former love interest, and the two rekindle their romance.

[EDITOR'S NOTE: HOTEL HELL will premiere this summer.]

What do you think? Do you think this move confirms that The Finder will be cancelled or is this like a second chance for the struggling series?

Eric March 29, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Finder is in the genre of Magnum P.I and Simon and Simon great shows of yesterday and I absolutely love it have not seen a show like this in years just good Quirky interesting entertainment.

Felicity March 28, 2012 at 12:17 am

FOX, please don’t cancel The Finder! It’s such a clever and fun show. I’ll be really sad if you do.

KW March 12, 2012 at 9:40 am

Great Show! This show shouldn’t be canceled. Michael Clarke Duncan and cast is amazing

Jennie March 11, 2012 at 7:04 pm

What the hell, FOX? This is a great show, interesting, fun, quirky…..I will hate you forever if you kill this and fringe. Nobody has a sense of humor or intrigue anymore. So sad

sharp March 9, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I hope USA Network Picks it up It would fit in with the likes of Psych!!!

Wolfgang Carter March 6, 2012 at 9:59 pm

I can’t believe FOX even bothers any more. They never back any of their good shows. I really hope another network picks this up because it is well written and has a great cast. Moving to Friday is a death sentence and shows FOX has already given up. After the last show of “The Finder” airs I am deleting FOX on my TV.

ND Mitchell March 5, 2012 at 6:25 am

I think the FINDER may have a chance against toward victory in the 8pm time slot against Undercover Boss and Nikita. Don’t cancel THE FINDER…I like Geoff Stults..cute and furry on the face and chest. :)

Jeremy Rynek March 4, 2012 at 12:02 am

Yes, they are being burned off. Fringe is the only show were it did ok when it moved to Fridays. Now they have crashed is porbably gonna get axed, which makes me mad considering they renewed fringe but canceled Lie to me, Human targhet and the Chicago code. Anyway, you don’t move a struggling show to Friday unless you want to just burn off the episodes. It’s as good as canceled.

Sherry March 3, 2012 at 8:37 am

I can’t believe it….this is an excellent show…they need to give it a better timeslot. i like this more than Bones!

Anne March 3, 2012 at 7:44 am

I love this show. Of course it would be canceled. I am to the point of why do I bother getting interested in a new show. If Fox can’t manage to keep this show then USA should pick it up. It truly does fall into their category of ‘characters’.

DONT CARE NO MORE March 3, 2012 at 12:06 am

IM DONE WITH FOX THAT’S IT

Kevin March 4, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Yup I’m with you after this show is canceled and House exits this season there is no point to watch anything on Fox. I wish cable companies gave us a choiceto drop networks. I would drop all Fox channels .
And I agree with others USA or NBC needs to pick this up. I mean what else does NBC have at this point. Fox is only running on it’s American Idol and NFL games.

Jim March 2, 2012 at 9:33 pm

The USA Network should pick this show up. It’s a perfect fit for their lineup.

Kevin March 2, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Damn, I love this show but Fox is gonna kill this show . It’s my favorite new show ,but it’s going against Supernatural and thats a big no-no as I watch SN every Friday.

Colin March 2, 2012 at 1:18 pm

if it can last a couple years by being on Fridays like Fringe was able to that would please me

william March 2, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Well maybe going up against Undercover Boss will help it.