The Finder: TV Show Moving to Fridays

Finder TV show movesFOX is bringing back The Finder quicker than expected. The network is delaying the premiere of Hotel Hell until summer and are using the Friday 8pm timeslot for the unaired episodes of the drama.

It had been announced that the Bones spin-off would have its spring finale next week, on March 8th. The Finder has been a ratings disappointment and it was unclear when or if the show would return. Now, FOX has decided to shift it to little-watched Friday nights starting April 6th. There will be six original episodes left at that point.

The season to date has averaged a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 6.63 million total viewers. Despite having a big lead-in like American Idol, The Finder is the second lowest-rated drama on the network, beating only Fringe. It looks likely that the freshman series will be cancelled after just one season.

HOT FROM FOX…

“THE FINDER” MOVES TO FRIDAYS ON APRIL 6 WITH AN ALL-NEW EPISODE FEATURING CURTIS “50 CENT” JACKSON

THE FINDER’s Last Thursday Night Episode Airs March 8

After its final Thursday night episode on March 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), THE FINDER will move to Fridays starting April 6 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Don’t miss THE FINDER’s last Thursday episode on March 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), in which Walter (Geoff Stults) searches for a teenage girl who goes missing during an intense storm. Meanwhile, Isabel (Mercedes Masohn) uncovers clues that link the girl’s disappearance to foul play and Willa’s (Maddie Hasson) probation officer puts her differences with Willa aside to join in the search.

Then, THE FINDER makes its time period premiere on Friday, April 6 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). The episode features Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson as music mogul Big Glade, who enlists Walter’s help in finding the source of illegally released songs. Big Glade’s business savvy lawyer (guest star Salli Richardson-Whitfield) is also Leo’s (Michael Clarke Duncan) former love interest, and the two rekindle their romance.

[EDITOR’S NOTE: HOTEL HELL will premiere this summer.]

What do you think? Do you think this move confirms that The Finder will be cancelled or is this like a second chance for the struggling series?

Canceled and renewed TV show

71 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Dave says

it does suck that fox cancelled it, but really, who’s surprised? throughout my life fox has had some of my all time fav shows, and 90% get cancelled at least 2 seasons to soon, IMO. here’s some examples of shows cut too soon. “space above and beyond”, “titus”, “firefly”, “millennium”, “pretender”, “arrested development” and so on. bet you if I sat down and thought about it I could probably think of 20 shows in the last 20 years that got cut to soon to make room for crappy (non) reality tv shows (and some that could actually be loosely counted as “reality”). SERIOUSLY FOX! stop airing shows just because the trailer parks like em! Air some for the average working class too! we are the ones paying their welfare so they can afford cable in the first place

2. Linda Noto says

Love this show. Why do all the good ones get cut? So much better than reality trash shows with trashy people.

3. lucia says

I cant believe the finder was canceled when it beat Fringe in the ratings and fringe is still on? Please don’t cancel the finder.

4. Kathy says

I sadly just found out that Michael Clarke Duncan passed away recently. He was such a large presence on The Finder. He will be missed and indeed be hard to replace should Fox change it’s mine and bring the show back. But Leo’s passing could be worked into the show. Maybe Willa could inherit World’s End? and hire a man who resembles Leo. Just a thought.

5. Kathy says

I can’t Believe “THE FINDER” was CANCELED!!! It was One of my Few Must Watch Shows. A POX on FOX. The Finder was a thoroughly fun to watch show. It will be missed.

6. Mary Smith says

I feel the same as all the other people who wrote. I love the Finder. It needs another chance. I know its going to be hard to replace Leo, but please try.when there not anything to watch I go back to my recordings and watched The Finder.I just love it.

7. Penny says

I can’t believe that this show didn’t do we’ll in the UK, I enjoyed the episode of Bones where it was introduced and thought then that it should be made into a show of its own. Imagine my delight when this happened. It’s hugely entertaining on so many levels that I look forward to watching it every week. Imagine my utter disbelief when I see that it isn’t going to have a second season, totally gobsmacked! All the good shows seem to flounder for some reason that I don’t understand. This one, Alcatraz etc and things like family guy and American dad continue on their dreary , irritating way season after season. Don’t axe the finder, have some gumption and bring it back, I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants this.

8. vicki says

been looking for the finder cann”t believe they cancelled it. It was an unique show would love for it to be brought back

9. Leah says

I just saw that this article. I was looking all over the internet trying to find when season 2 was going to air. I LOVED season 1. It was so funny and interesting, and in the last episode so much happened, you can’t leave us hanging….PLEASE,PLEASE BRING THE FINDER BACK!! I feel like every good show is being canceled, so PLEASE don’t cancel the Finder!

10. Heather Brownlee says

I always looked forward to watching The Finder each week. I was surprised and sorry to hear that we lost one of the actors of the show. I have certain shows that I watch and The Finder has been one of them. I enjoy it very much. It is different from alot ot the other shows. Please keep the show.

11. Maggie says

I cannot believe the finder has been cancelled. I thought I miss read the list of shows that cancelled when I saw The Finder was on the list. thought tbis show was amazing, uniuqe, and hysterical.There were some scenes I was almost in tears I was laughing so hard. There are so many incredible shows that I think the networks give up on way too fast. If the numbers are low see what the show is up against if its up against a known popular show try to move it, the same goes for the day. This show is comming close to the bottom line of what is the point of a new tv show? Its a show that has mystery, danger (sometimes), inner struggle & growth of the characters, as well as just plain humor. There are so many reality shows on today, & very little drama/sitcoms. It feels like if its not a reality show its a show that is an exact spin off of another basically doing a reality show in another state, or doing a show that seems like it has been done so many times. Please don’t turn the rest of TV into reality TV because although the ratings may be high its not television. Everytime a show is taken off the air before its had a real chance another reality show starts. I think part of the reason The Finder may have had lower ratings is because it was hardly advertised. From what I have seen the shows that make it & become hits are the ones that are advertised over & over. There are commercials, magazine adds, soometimes radio adds, I actually stumbled on it. This is a show that is completely original & new it just needs a chance to prove itself. If the network can put aside the #s & demographics & listen to the people, really give this show another chance. If you need to move it then move it to a time slot and or day that gives the show a chance to shine. If the show needs advertising its worth it because this show is better than showing teenagers that content on ‘Reality TV” is real, Instead you give people the chance to laugh and truly enjoy a show. I had mentioned that there were TV shows that were going to be cancelled & People wrote into the networks (letters, & emails) begging for the show to be brought back, Alot of those network really listened to what the people had to say & u could say took a chance on loyal fans of what the network comes out with or you could say the networks just listened to the people, because There have been several shows that have been saved & or given another chance because they listened to the people & not the #s . Please be The network that listens to the people & bring back the finder. The Finder is a one of a kind Show that is just another show taken off the air before it ever even had a chance. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THE FINDER!