The Firm: To Be Cancelled on Saturdays Too?

The Firm canceledIf you need proof that The Firm is doomed to be cancelled by NBC, you just have to look at the show’s ratings. Not only did the new legal series bomb on Thursday nights but it’s currently being trounced on Saturday nights as well — airing opposite CSI: New York repeats, 20/20, and FOX’s forgotten Q’Viva! The Chosen reality series.

The ratings for The Firm have been so poor that one had to start wondering if NBC might bump the series off the Saturday schedule as well. Well, that’s what they’re doing — at least for one week.

This week’s episode of The Firm has been replaced by a rerun of the 90-minute premiere of Fashion Star (which debuts tonight). That will be followed by an encore of the first episode of Betty White’s Off Their Rockers, which first aired in January. Rockers returns to the NBC schedule on April 4th.

On March 24th, NBC has slotted an episode of the USA Network series Fairly Legal at 8pm, a slot that had been filled by reruns of Smash. The network hasn’t announced which episode of Fairly Legal will air but the season two opener (which will run this Friday on USA) seems likely.

The network is shaking up their Saturday night schedule and if they can come up with better numbers than what The Firm has been getting, the legal drama could easily be off the schedule for good. NBC has aired just 10 of the show’s 22 episodes thus far.

What do you think? Are you still watching NBC’s The Firm? Do you watch the episodes on Saturday nights, on demand or online? Would you be upset if NBC pulled it for good?

Sandi August 8, 2012 at 8:30 pm

My husband and I really enjoy “The Firm”, it was a show we looked forward to every Sat. night. We hope you air the rest of the episodes, its so different, not the same oh same oh show. It always has such a different plot, with unexpected twists and turns! Please don’t leave us hanging!!

Georgia August 6, 2012 at 11:25 am

Take out boring
“Two and a Half Men”.

sara August 2, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I love the firm!!!! I watch it on demand though not Saturdays

John J August 2, 2012 at 10:31 am

Another case of a great show being taken off the air to make room for some garbage that has no real appeal. Its not likely that I will become interested in a new program and be disappointed when THEY decide to cancel it. Who can we complain to further?

Brad king July 28, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I have not seen The Firm for the last two Saturdays in a row.That is one of about 6 Sows I watch every week.Don’t leave us hanging out here!!!

Martha July 28, 2012 at 11:21 am

I was so disappointed to learn that The Firm was being cancelled. It was the favorite show of my daughter, son-in-law and myself. I eagerly looked forward to it each week. Is there any way we can see the episodes that did not air?

Tina July 27, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I was stunned to learn the show was being considered for cancellation. I really like it! You have to pay close attention in the first episode, but it really intrigues and keeps your attention. Please keep it coming!

Dee July 27, 2012 at 11:46 am

Love this show! It was so good to have something to watch on Saturday night. NBC is making a big mistake if they cancel!!

Patricia July 27, 2012 at 1:46 am

The Firm had a confusing first episode….my husband wasn’t interested after that……I kept watching, and it was really good…..They have changed the weekend schedule on the main three stations to be mostly reruns of things shown during the week. It’s like nobody cares about a good line-up… the result is that I’m sure there are many who don’t bother. If they truly cared, they would have the larger audiences on the weekend too.

Debra Phillips July 27, 2012 at 12:54 am

I cannot understand how this show got bad ratings. I thought it was great and I hate how it just left those of us who watched the whole season just hanging in limbo with no proper ending. It deserved better and so did the viewers of The Firm!

carole July 23, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Love Love Love this show. I watch it on demand because they have it in a crappy time slot.

June July 23, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Love the show! Please keep it!

Nancy July 22, 2012 at 5:35 pm

One of my favorite shows !!!!!!!!! Please don’t cancel

DEL July 22, 2012 at 4:31 pm

SHAME ON NBC!!!!! WHY CANCELL A GREAT SERIES “THE FIRM” AND LEAVE THE VIEWERS HANGING IN THE MIDDLE. ALL THE NETWORKS WANT TO DO IS HAVE REALITY SHOWS, THEY ARE CHEAP MONEY MAKES AND NOT MY REALITY. LIKE THE BANKS AND AIRLINES YOU ARE LOSING YOUR AUDIENCE

Robert July 21, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Its a Great show, you might check your ratings,