The Firm: To Be Cancelled on Saturdays Too?

The Firm canceledIf you need proof that The Firm is doomed to be cancelled by NBC, you just have to look at the show’s ratings. Not only did the new legal series bomb on Thursday nights but it’s currently being trounced on Saturday nights as well — airing opposite CSI: New York repeats, 20/20, and FOX’s forgotten Q’Viva! The Chosen reality series.

The ratings for The Firm have been so poor that one had to start wondering if NBC might bump the series off the Saturday schedule as well. Well, that’s what they’re doing — at least for one week.

This week’s episode of The Firm has been replaced by a rerun of the 90-minute premiere of Fashion Star (which debuts tonight). That will be followed by an encore of the first episode of Betty White’s Off Their Rockers, which first aired in January. Rockers returns to the NBC schedule on April 4th.

On March 24th, NBC has slotted an episode of the USA Network series Fairly Legal at 8pm, a slot that had been filled by reruns of Smash. The network hasn’t announced which episode of Fairly Legal will air but the season two opener (which will run this Friday on USA) seems likely.

The network is shaking up their Saturday night schedule and if they can come up with better numbers than what The Firm has been getting, the legal drama could easily be off the schedule for good. NBC has aired just 10 of the show’s 22 episodes thus far.

What do you think? Are you still watching NBC’s The Firm? Do you watch the episodes on Saturday nights, on demand or online? Would you be upset if NBC pulled it for good?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,150 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. BJ Vinyard says

Don’t cancel the show! We’ve been waiting to see when it will come back on!! We looked forward to it every week!

2. says

NO!!!!!!!!! DON’T CANCELL this show, it’s a good show. QUIT MESSING WITH THE TIME SLOTS, and maybe you’d find the ratings would increase. I’m tired of watching reality shows, and shows with seduction and vulgar language. My family watched this show, from my 21 yr old daughter and her husband to my 84 yr old mother. Please bring it back, this show required that you use your brain.

3. says

This series is GREAT, Always a new twist in each episodes. I hope you keep this show alive , it is never boring, similar to Missing , an ABC show, I hope goes to a 3rd season. Another good show Tera Nova, got axed after one season. Where is peoples adventure
    at . They have stooped to a low degree of metal dumbness. At least I still have Falling Skies, another favorite of mine- going into the 3rd season.

4. disappointed says

I am very disappointed that you are not showing new episodes of such a great show. !! You ALWAYS take the great shows away and replace them with either reality shows or totally stupid shows. You have a great cast that works well together. The public wants new episodes or we wouldn’t be leaving comments on this site. Bring it back please!!!

5. Anonymous says

I also am very disappointed that you have cancelled The Firm I thougt it was a great show really hope that you bring it back Great show

6. smc says

Good grief, another well acted show is gone. I think I am going to stop looking for why the shows I enjoy are not showing up on the schedules. I must have really bad taste OR maybe I am guilty of watching shows that require the viewer to think a tad… So sorry The Firm did not make it. There needs to be something for those of us who refuse to watch all the reality TV that is not reality…

7. Debbie says

Keep it on. It is better than having to watch those horrible reality shows or slanted news shows. Keep the good guys winning!

8. Darlene says

Loved this show. It was ashame to cancel a very good series that did not have filth and cussing in it and especially not a reality show which they are gross. Please bring it back and it don’t matter to me what night it is on for I will either watch it or record it just bring it back.

9. Nilah says

Please renew the Firm. What an intriguing show!

The big mystery for me was finding it. The show was moved to different times and days and then it wouldn’t be on for a few WEEKS at a time. I think it was set up to fail.

10. Marie says

I’m very disappointed that the show has been cancelled..I was waiting to see when the next episode was going to air, so I did a search to find out its been cancelled. The ratings are not capturing all of the Tivo and cable recordings thus causing very good shows to be taken off the air. I ready to stop watching new series as they are being cancelled pre-mature and unjustifiably.