The Firm: NBC Reschedules Final Four Episodes

The Firm canceled show rescheduledAs fans of The Firm may have noticed, the cancelled legal drama was bumped from the schedule once again last Saturday night. As a result, NBC has adjusted their schedule and delayed the final four episodes by one week each.

If you watch the show via Hulu, you may have already seen the 19th episode. A note on the streaming website says, “Due to a programming error, Chapter 19 went up earlier than intended. We apologize for the error – it will become available again this weekend.”

You can see the revised airdates below, as well as brief episode descriptions:

“CHAPTER NINETEEN”
06/23/2012 (10:00PM – 11:00PM) (Saturday) : A KILLER NEW CASE – Joey Morolto (guest star Gianpaolo Venuta, “Being Human”) gives Mitch (Josh Lucas) an offer he can’t refuse — if Mitch defends his best friend from a murder charge, the McDeeres and the Moroltos will be square. As Abby (Molly Parker) tries to save her mother’s charity from a crooked accountant, she makes an unexpected realization about herself. Callum Keith Rennie and Natasha Calis also star.

“CHAPTER TWENTY”
06/30/2012 (10:00PM – 11:00PM) (Saturday) : When Mitch’s (Josh Lucas) client admits to a potentially damaging incident from his college days, Mitch has to face an aggressive prosecutor to prevent it from coming into the trial. Meanwhile, Abby (Molly Parker) has to decide if she is on board with working for Joey Morolto, Jr. (guest star Gianpaolo Venuta, “Being Human”). Juliette Lewis, Callum Keith Rennie and Natasha Calis also star.

“CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE”
07/07/2012 (10:00PM – 11:00PM) (Saturday) : Mitch (Josh Lucas) and his team scramble to come up with a viable defense in Patrick Walker’s case, forcing them to begin jury selection without a plan. Meanwhile, Joey Morolto, Jr. (guest star Gianpaolo Venuta, “Being Human”) implements a deadly strategy to regain control over his mob family. Juliette Lewis, Molly Parker, Callum Keith Rennie and Natasha Calis also star.

There’s no description available for the series finale but “Chapter Twenty-Two” is set to air on July 14th.

NOTE: An earlier version of this article indicated that there are 21 episodes. There are 22 installments.

What do you think? Are you still watching The Firm? Do you think that they’ll wrap everything up by the end of the season/series?

JANET July 26, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU ARE REALLY CANCELING THE BEST SHOW ON YOUR NETWORK, THE FIRM. FINALLY A DECENT, SUSPENCEFUL SHOW THAT YOU CAN’T HARDLY WAIT BETWEEN EPISODES AND HERE YOU ARE GIVING IT UP!!!! ARE YOU CRAZY? I REALIZE THAT THE AVERAGE I-Q IS NOW 100 OR LESS AND THE GENERAL POPULATION MAY NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH THE PACE OF THE SHOW, BUT THERE ARE MANY OF US THAT LIKE A SHOW WITH PLOT AND SUBSTANCE RATHER THAN THESE STUPID MINDLESS SHOWS LIKE THE OFFICE, 30 ROCK, REALITY SHOWS ETC.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, KEEP THE FIRM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tricia July 25, 2012 at 10:50 am

AM SO DISAPPOINTED. What a great show and great acting. Why do they cancel all the good shows? Am so tired of reality TV, comedy, or same old cop shows. NBC or someone else- bring this show back!!

Erlend Sandnes July 24, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I can’t understand why this show was cancelled…It’s been a long time since i saw such great storyline on a tv show. But renewing season after season on the Kardashians is just OK, such stupid mindless shows with no drama or interesting factors at all, by the gods i cant understand why anyone watches those show..but but… Bring back The Firm, such epic show..

Love from
Norway

jane July 23, 2012 at 7:49 pm

PLEASE NBC BRING BACK THE FIRM. GREAT LEGAL DRAMA, GREAT ACTING!!!
WHY DO ALL THE GOOD SHOWS GET CANCELED!!! WHO MAKES THESE DECISIONS????

Anonymous July 22, 2012 at 11:15 am

NBC you suck! For once I was beginning to watch your network with Harry’s law and The Firm and now you cancel them both. Are you out of your freaking minds. Two of your best shows? I have never been a big NBC fan but then my brother told me about these two shows and I’ve not missed them since I started and now they are gone because you can’t get younger viewers. You can only get them with stupid reality shows because younger viewers are shallow ignorant people who are too stupid to know a good show. Shame on you, NBC.

werstiuk,karen July 22, 2012 at 7:56 am

love the show watched it late saturday night also had it on record, can’t wait to get home to watch the end………I hope they leave something hanging so maybe it could be picked up again

Susan July 22, 2012 at 7:19 am

NBC should read these reviews and bring back The Firm. Great show! Give it a chance.

Diane July 21, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Ditto to all the above comments! I’m sick of good shows being cancelled and really wonder about “the ratings”.

jc July 21, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I am so sick of getting into a series and not only having it canceled the first season, but then not even consider the fans enough to tie it up when it was so close.they couldve let us at least know if the family got free of mob boss, and who committedthe murder. Thanks for nothing, NBC. I`ll remember this in the future when I`m NOT watching your programs!

Doris July 21, 2012 at 4:39 pm

I can’t believe “The Firm” was canceled. Every time there is a show with execeptional talent on TV it is let go for more idiocy. I for one am sick of reality shows that are hardly reality…only a cheap way for the networks to make money! Please reconsider renewing this high quality show.

Rivermont July 21, 2012 at 3:17 pm

The Firm was an ecellent TV series, and poof, it’s gone. I think this personifies the “dumbing down of America”, as our populace continues to support mindless, trumped up “reality” shows, which cost far less to produce. So, the networks continue to dish out this drivel, while systematically canceling the really good programming. Shame on you NBC!

Jan July 21, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I am sick and tired of ABC, CBS and NBC airing series for viewers to get “HOOKED” on and then they cancel them!!! That is why I “HARDLY EVER” watch these stupid channels!! The Firm was a great show and my husband and I NEVER missed it! As far as I am concerned, I will “NEVER” watch another series on any of these channels again! I guess it just didn’t have enough “sex”, “nudity” and “vulgarity” for these idiots!!

IT IS NOTHING BUT “FOX” FOR US IN THE FUTURE!!!!!!!

Brandy July 20, 2012 at 8:31 am

This show was really good. A show out while family could watch and enjoyed watching. It seems as though NBC has a good show and it may last a season then they cancel it. I feel like they set the show up for failure! They put it on at a time with a long running show people are already addicted to or put it on a weekend and that so sets it up for failure. I may not be at home to watch it but I do have it set to record so I an watch later, which is usually mornings. Also we DO NOT need another reality show!!! Keep shows like The Firm!!!!!

Ann July 19, 2012 at 5:30 am

WHAT!!!!!!! another good show gone….Watched it faithful….Great spot on Saturday nite….didn’t interfere with any other show…… NBC BIG mistake………

Beth July 18, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I loved this show! Please bring it back NBC!