The Firm: NBC Reschedules Final Four Episodes

The Firm canceled show rescheduledAs fans of The Firm may have noticed, the cancelled legal drama was bumped from the schedule once again last Saturday night. As a result, NBC has adjusted their schedule and delayed the final four episodes by one week each.

If you watch the show via Hulu, you may have already seen the 19th episode. A note on the streaming website says, “Due to a programming error, Chapter 19 went up earlier than intended. We apologize for the error – it will become available again this weekend.”

You can see the revised airdates below, as well as brief episode descriptions:

“CHAPTER NINETEEN”
06/23/2012 (10:00PM – 11:00PM) (Saturday) : A KILLER NEW CASE – Joey Morolto (guest star Gianpaolo Venuta, “Being Human”) gives Mitch (Josh Lucas) an offer he can’t refuse — if Mitch defends his best friend from a murder charge, the McDeeres and the Moroltos will be square. As Abby (Molly Parker) tries to save her mother’s charity from a crooked accountant, she makes an unexpected realization about herself. Callum Keith Rennie and Natasha Calis also star.

“CHAPTER TWENTY”
06/30/2012 (10:00PM – 11:00PM) (Saturday) : When Mitch’s (Josh Lucas) client admits to a potentially damaging incident from his college days, Mitch has to face an aggressive prosecutor to prevent it from coming into the trial. Meanwhile, Abby (Molly Parker) has to decide if she is on board with working for Joey Morolto, Jr. (guest star Gianpaolo Venuta, “Being Human”). Juliette Lewis, Callum Keith Rennie and Natasha Calis also star.

“CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE”
07/07/2012 (10:00PM – 11:00PM) (Saturday) : Mitch (Josh Lucas) and his team scramble to come up with a viable defense in Patrick Walker’s case, forcing them to begin jury selection without a plan. Meanwhile, Joey Morolto, Jr. (guest star Gianpaolo Venuta, “Being Human”) implements a deadly strategy to regain control over his mob family. Juliette Lewis, Molly Parker, Callum Keith Rennie and Natasha Calis also star.

There’s no description available for the series finale but “Chapter Twenty-Two” is set to air on July 14th.

NOTE: An earlier version of this article indicated that there are 21 episodes. There are 22 installments.

What do you think? Are you still watching The Firm? Do you think that they’ll wrap everything up by the end of the season/series?

Canceled and renewed TV show

152 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Cheryl says

I’m going to stop watching NBC. This is my second time they cancelled a show without giving a finale. They played up “The Event” and cancelled it. That wasn’t any competition to “The Firm”. This was one of NBC’s best shows in years. But I guess they want to stick with silly shows oppose to shows with substance.

2. says

I am sooooo upset that you are canceling this tv show. Leave it on Saturday nights or even put it in a later timeslot if the ratings are poor, but don”t take it away!!

3. Marsha says

I have been looking for episode 22 for about a month. Has it even been made? If so, when will it appear? The show is well-written, the characters are worth following, and the mysteries keep happening! I am sorry there will be no second season, but I would at least like to see the season finale.

4. says

Really cant beleave the canceled the firm one of the shows I’ve seen in along time bout time they get a show that keeps u guessing and waiting like 24 did that was the best show I have ever seen and this is right up there with it come someone please pick it back up u can’t leave us hanging like this

5. Carrie says

I love the firm! Please bring it back! That is the ONLY show that my husband and I enjoy watching together! It was the best show on t.v.

6. sad mama says

I am so sick of TV channels cancelling shows! They don’t even give the people a solid chance to love it…BUT I did love The Firm! I was literally biting my nails every episode, a real political drama with suspense…kept me hanging every week. SOOO sad it was cancelled. NBC, you stink.

7. Nancy says

I concur, bring it back. I looked forwad to this show every week and followd every time it moved. Movement like that is really hard on a show and can really cause loss of viewershp. I am not really sure how this is all decided but I do think The Firm deserved a second chance. It was really well done, the characters were well developed and storyline brought you into thier lives andd you wanted to see more of them.

8. Wmr says

Best show I have had the pleasure in watching in a long time. I hope to see a second season and more. I need to see what happens in the trial. How can they leave us hanging. You invest your time and get invested with the characters and they cancel the program. Some other channel should pick them up. No wonder NBC is in the position they are!!!

• Anonymous says

I agree!!! A great drama…so sick of reality TV!!! Who cares about the kardashians?!! Come on NBC or another network…pick this show up!!

9. Paul says

I thought this was one of the best series on TV in a very long time. I just don’t understand how it could be cancelled. This work is brilliant compared to 99% of the stuff that’s aired these days.

10. Lannie Forbes says

I just love The Firm. My husband is a retired judge and it is THE ONLY tv show I can get him to watch with me. Please keep it on. Please, Please, Please. Somebody pick it up. Hey Oprah. What about you???

11. lynn says

This is probably one of the best series to run on TV that I can remember. Hope another network picks it up as NBC really doesn’t know quality