The Following: Season One Ratings

The Following TV show ratingsMonday night’s The Mob Doctor was cancelled after one season. Will The Following perform better in the ratings or will end up being cancelled as well? We shall see.

The Following follows a former FBI agent (Kevin Bacon) who returns to help stop a diabolical serial killer (James Purefoy). The rest of the cast includes Adan Canto, Annie Parisse, Kyle Catlett, Natalie Zea, Nico Tortorella, Shawn Ashmore, and Valorie Curry. The first season typically airs Monday nights at 9pm on FOX and there are 15 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if The Following is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 2.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.96 million total viewers.

Episode 01-15: Monday, 04/29/13
2.7 in the demo (+13% change) with 7.82 million (+11% change).
Season averages: 2.63 in the demo with 7.96 million.

Episode 01-14: Monday, 04/22/13
2.4 in the demo (+14% change) with 7.04 million (+11% change).
Season averages: 2.62 in the demo with 7.97 million.

Episode 01-13: Monday, 04/15/13
2.1 in the demo (-5% change) with 6.36 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 2.64 in the demo with 8.04 million.

Episode 01-12: Monday, 04/08/13
2.2 in the demo (0% change) with 6.30 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 2.68 in the demo with 8.18 million.

Episode 01-11: Monday, 04/01/13
2.2 in the demo (-4% change) with 6.57 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 2.73 in the demo with 8.35 million.

Episode 01-10: Monday, 03/25/13
2.3 in the demo (-8% change) with 6.66 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 2.78 in the demo with 8.53 million.

Episode 01-09: Monday, 03/18/13
2.5 in the demo (-7% change) with 7.34 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 2.83 in the demo with 8.73 million.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 03/11/13
2.7 in the demo (-4% change) with 8.15 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 2.88 in the demo with 8.91 million.

Episode 01-07: Monday, 03/04/13
2.8 in the demo (0% change) with 8.81 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 2.90 in the demo with 9.01 million.

UPDATE: The Following has been renewed for a second season.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 02/25/13
2.8 in the demo (-3% change) with 8.58 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 2.92 in the demo with 9.05 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 02/18/13
2.9 in the demo (+21% change) with 8.39 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 2.94 in the demo with 9.14 million.

Episode 01-04: Monday, 02/11/13
2.4 in the demo (-17% change) with 7.79 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 2.95 in the demo with 9.33 million.

Episode 01-03: Monday, 02/04/13
2.9 in the demo (-12% change) with 9.01 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 3.13 in the demo with 9.84 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 01/28/13
3.3 in the demo (+3% change) with 10.10 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 3.25 in the demo with 10.26 million.

Episode 01-01: Monday, 01/21/13
3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.42 million total viewers.
Season average: 3.20 in the demo with 10.42 million.

It was a solid start for the new series and was on par with the Alcatraz series debut a year earlier (3.3 rating with 10.05 million viewers). As per usual, the real question will be if viewers will come back episode after episode.

What do you think? Do you like The Following TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Lynn April 20, 2013 at 6:26 pm

I love it!! Is it always believable?? No, but I don’t care! I am on the edge of my seat every week! It’s like watching a train wreck and I can’t stop watching! The actors are so good (and evil!!), I’m totally drawn in. I would actually be creeped out–and scared to meet the guy who plays Joe– he’s that good. And so is this incredible show!!

jimmy April 20, 2013 at 2:51 am

We truly enjoy this series. Guess it’s too highbrow for some. Go back to your “reality” then! Keep running it! It certainly does have conclusions, maybe your too obtuse to see them? Good actors for a television show for sure.

charlyn April 18, 2013 at 1:52 pm

keep it on for at least one more season.

Dena April 16, 2013 at 1:39 pm

love this show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

gibbcity April 16, 2013 at 12:50 pm

every time i watch i just scream at the tv
the simple errors they make is laughable but also makes my blood boil
if that is the way the fbi acted in real life then the federal prisons would be desolate
yet i cant stop watching because i want to see joe dead what an arse he is
just watched last nights and i was going sick all the way through my daughter came running in thought i was arguing with someone i do believe that was the last episode for me(probably not i might just have calmed down before the next episode)
pass me th valium please

Anonymous May 1, 2013 at 2:03 am

I agree 100%. I gave it a try and liked the first 3 episodes. It really went downhill to the point of rediculous from there. I will not be watching season 2. I though it would be cancelled.

Ellyn k April 15, 2013 at 11:01 pm

I love this show, and so do all of my friends. Once in awhile Network TV beats Cable TV…

Sheila April 15, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Please have more than one season. I wait all week for this show. Which is on a par with criminal minds and llooking how long that has gone on.

Jared G April 9, 2013 at 2:27 am

Wow, complaints about how each episode doesn’t come to a conclusion? TV has evolved, thank God, to embrace long story lines and follow in the footsteps of shows like The Wire, The Sopranos, Lost, and 24 to name a few. The proof is in the pudding; Cable is taking Network TV to task and the difference is that Cable has completely embraced good television while Networks lag behind. Name one award winning record setting show on Cable that comes to a conclusion every episode. Grow your attention span.

Jake April 22, 2013 at 10:31 pm

I can go long plot lines but not everlasting ones.

even white April 8, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW PLEASE PLEASE PUT ON ANOTHER SEASON PLEASE!!!!

even white April 8, 2013 at 3:45 pm

the following is the best i dont kno what u people are thinking so get your facts straight

LENNYS April 6, 2013 at 8:41 pm

I love this show, c’mon it’s awsome, and yeah it’s unrealistic u fools(peaches), it’s a TV SHOW!!! It’s like the walking dead, so now you will say that’s unrealistic? daaaaaaaaaa of course.

Peaches April 5, 2013 at 7:26 pm

This is one of the most ridiculous shows I’ve ever seen. I agree with both AMN and SteeveB. I have concluded that whomever the writer of this show is has a dark grudge against the federal authorities. The show is unrealistic; there is no way these psychomainiacs could “win” week after week after week. Our authorities may be bumbling idiots at times but they are not completly stupid.

I agree, there is no conclusion to this story line and all it does it present frustration. This is ridicuouls. No renew for season 2. Send these actors packing to real acting jobs that have substance and valid story lines.

I say NO to The Following!!!

even white April 8, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I THINK IT IS REALLY GREAT

Anonymous May 1, 2013 at 2:05 am

I totally agree, my assessment exactly! It’s unrealistic, cheesy, over acted tripe!

SteveeB April 3, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Every episode is the same. The bad guys are capable and intelligent and the good guys are the bad news bears. The bad guys make smart decisions and the bad guys couldn’t find their ass with two hands and a flashlight.

I came to the same conclusion as AMN, the good guys will never make progress because the momment that they do, the show is over. The way I see the story is like the storyline in a video game. You make progress, getting peon after peon, working your way up to the final boss. I’m sure this show will be a hit for years to come…even though people who aren’t retarded can work out each episode a week before it happens.

Jake April 22, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Totally agree

AMN April 3, 2013 at 1:18 am

We (my family) gave the show a chance because we love all the actors in it. We lasted about 4 episodes and realized it was never going to come to a conclusion, which drives us batty!! You also can’t have evil winning constantly, every show. Between those two things, it is entirely unsatisfying week after week of the same thing. We don’t mind if a series has a little back story continuing through the series, but we like each episode to come to a conclusion. We like the mystery, drama and suspense in this show, but when evil wins show after show after show, it gets old. We can get that in real life!!

delaine dunivin March 26, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I love this show! Wish it wasn’t on the same time as the VOICE.