The Following

The Following TV show on FOXNetwork: FOX
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: January 21, 2013 – TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Kevin Bacon, James Purefoy, Shawn Ashmore, Annie Parisse, Adan Canto, Kyle Catlett, Natalie Zea, Nico Tortorella, and Valorie Curry.

current TV show

TV show description:
This psychological thriller begins when a notorious serial killer, Joe Carroll (James Purefoy), escapes from death row. The FBI calls in former agent Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) to consult on the case. Having since withdrawn from the public eye, Hardy was responsible for Carroll’s capture in 2003. Carroll had murdered 14 female students on the Virginia college campus where he taught literature.

Hardy is a walking textbook of all-things Carroll and knows him better than anyone else. He may be Carroll’s only psychological and intellectual match. But the Ryan Hardy who broke the Carroll case years ago isn’t the same man today. Wounded both physically and mentally by his previous pursuit of this serial killer, it’s been a long time since Hardy has been in the field. Could this be his redemption?

In contrast to the original investigation of years ago, Hardy isn’t calling the shots anymore. He works closely with an FBI team, which includes young, razor-sharp Mike Weston (Shawn Ashmore) and FBI Specialist Debra Parker (Annie Parisse), who’s brought in to lead the investigation into Carroll and his followers — serial killers that secretly live among us.

Although Weston seems to idolize Hardy, most of the team considers him to be more of a liability than an asset. But Hardy proves his worth when he uncovers that Carroll was covertly communicating with a network of followers in the outside world. It quickly becomes obvious that he has more planned than just a prison escape.

The FBI’s investigation leads Hardy back to Claire Matthews (Natalie Zea), Carroll’s ex-wife and the mother of their young son, Joey (Kyle Catlett). Close during Hardy’s initial investigation, Hardy turns to Claire for insight into Carroll’s next move.

The tension rises when Carroll’s accomplices kidnap his intended last victim (Maggie Grace) a decade earlier. Hardy becomes ever more determined to end Carroll’s game when he realizes that the psychopath intends to finish what he started.

The drama follows Hardy and the FBI as they are challenged with the ever-growing web of murder around them. It’s all orchestrated by Carroll who dreams of writing a novel with Hardy as his protagonist. Since anyone anywhere could be one of Carroll’s serial killer followers, Hardy and the FBI have a hard time knowing who they can trust.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like The Following TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Cindy April 22, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Please renew “THE FOLLOWING” !! There’s nothing like it on TV!

Hope Marino April 22, 2013 at 6:58 pm

My husband and I really enjoy the show ” The Following”. Though it has it’s critics at times the show seems to end too quickly when you’re totally absorbed in it. We certainly hope this show becomes renewed because it does have so many places it can go. Please,please, RENEW it for all of us….. Hope and Mike Marino

sandy April 22, 2013 at 7:35 am

OMgoodness, love the show. Best show on T.V. since 24 was taken off. Good to see something besides reality T.V. or those talent shows. It’s one of the only nights my husband and I make sure we are watching T.V. If we can’t, we record it.

Anonymous April 16, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Great show can’t wait till the next week

Laurie Woods April 11, 2013 at 1:49 pm

YES! It should be renewed. It is an awesome show. Kevin Bacon is great! This show draws you in and you can’t stop watching it.

Jeri Lynn April 10, 2013 at 9:52 pm

One TV night I don’t like is Monday’s, bc I absolutely love The Following. The problem is, it airs at the same time as Dancing with the Stars and The Voice. Since DWTS and TheVoice do not air reruns I have to miss The Following, therefore it’s not getting my ratings. Then I catch the rerun of the missed ep on Saturdays. I wish my DVR would record more than 2 shows at once. But that’s not gonna happen, so I wish they’d move The Following to Tuesday’s. That would be awesome:)

T. April 8, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Yes RENEW!!! Please!

Joe April 6, 2013 at 5:38 am

By all means renew.

Sharon March 28, 2013 at 6:50 pm

As a mother and grandmother(57) that works and babysits, I look forward to watching The Following. I AM HOOKED! The characters are perfectly cast and I love the intrigue of what might happen next and the drama that takes you there. Keep it going FOX! As for the people that think it is too gory, don’t ever watch DEXTER!

Gloria March 24, 2013 at 11:53 am

I agree with Jim I also believe this show has gone too far we no longer watch it. Also think the FBI agent is a follower! Can not believe that this psycho can get all these followers without even recruiting them himself and only get others to help him by threating family members. I also do not like that a young boy plays a part in so much blood gore and violence. Bye bye to this series

Jim March 21, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I liked the first few episodes. Now, I think the show is becoming increasingly far fetched and silly. It has become all too obvious that the main female FBI agent is a follower. She never provides any back-up during fights with followers. I guess in another 12 shows or so, the writers will finally reveal her as a villain.

Bob Hanshaw March 20, 2013 at 7:34 am

I totally enjoy the series. I hope to see it around for a long time.

dennis March 9, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I liked the first few episodes, but as the murderers “following” grows exponentially, and includes police officers, FBI fakes, etc. I find it harder to watch. It is starting to border on the ridiculous and I’m close to turning away completely — similar to the silliness of Zero Hour (which only lasted 3 episodes!)

jessica March 9, 2013 at 7:17 am

I highly enjoy watching The Following. It is sooooooo good!!! I love they storyline and how u never know who is Joe’s followers or not. One of the best shows out there

Quincy March 6, 2013 at 7:37 am

I enjoy watching The Following. Kevin Bacon is an all time favorite. Programs like The Following are more worth while to watch than reality television.
Reality shows need to be cancelled,,boring,,,yawn.

Cindy April 22, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Quincy..you took the words out of my mouth!