the forgotten: TV Show Cancelled, No Season Two

the forgottenAn ABC TV show, the forgotten follows the cases taken on by a group of talented civilians once the police hit a dead end. The series features the talents of Christian Slater, Michelle Borth, Heather Stephens, Bob Stephenson, Rochelle Aytes, Anthony Carrigan, Judith Hoag, Lily Rains, and Elisha Cuthbert.

The drama got off to an okay start last September with a 2.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 9.54 million viewers. The second installment’s ratings were far lower and then, the numbers got even worse. The first season of the forgotten ended up averaging only a 1.7 rating and 6.49 million viewers.

ABC had intended to air all 17 episodes but the programmers ultimately had to do some reshuffling of the schedule late in the season. Two installments didn’t air but, thankfully, the last produced episode did.

An ABC representative told us that the unaired episodes of the forgotten could still see the light of day before the end of summer. If not, they’ll pop up on the DVD set when or if that’s released.

To no surprise though, the forgotten won’t be back for season two. ABC has officially cancelled the series, the second one for Slater in two years.

What do you think? The people who watched, seemed to love this TV show. Why didn’t the forgotten catch on?

Amandine April 24, 2012 at 5:13 pm

If it would have been on another network than ABC, i’m sure it would have been renewed.
Last episode just aired here in Belgium. I love The Forgotten. I’ve found out about it when the episodes started airing on my channel. After ep 17 tonight, i decided to search online for s2 and found out that the show had been cancelled! It’s a shame. It was a really good show and Slater is a talented actor, this tv show could have gone further if only they let it have a chance. Now we will never know more about that story :( A good show isn’t necessarily about high ratings but about the quality of a storyline and a solid fanbase. In that case, ABC didn’t care that much to pay attention to that. The. forgotten didn’t stand a chance on that network which is sad because they should have really deserved more seasons.

elly March 17, 2012 at 3:09 am

I live in the Netherlands. The forgotten is the best series I have seen for a long time.
No fighting and bloody scenes, but research, and the people involved have feelings.
A pity it is not appreciated in the States.

sue September 24, 2011 at 6:51 pm

I agree with Ginger, I didn’t know that is aired on ABC. I always watched shows on CBS and NBC. They should of aired it after csi and other crime show. Please bring it back

M Khan September 23, 2011 at 8:03 pm

I can not believe that they cancelled such a great show. It was such a great and sexy cast with a crime show that can be watched with family. I think its a big mistake and Chirstian Slater was doing great along with Michelle Borth (my new fav actress). They were great and it should have gone on for a 2nd season.

Ginger September 17, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Maybe it was cancelled because no one heard of it. Myself I just came across it online and I
really enjoyed it. There are very little if any Crime Shows these days that do with Crime as much as relationships and family involved troubles. So when I found this I thought I struck gold, should have none it wouldn’t last or even given a chance for there characters to grow.
I will miss it.

Zenoa September 13, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I really liked this show, I couldn’t watch the whole season because we had to get rid of our cable half way through the season (the cable company here sucks). I just thought I’d check if it was still on and it sucks that it was canceled, it was really good. It really made you feel for the the people who died, I never really got that feeling when I would watch something like CSI, CSI is really about the science but this was more about people.

david September 6, 2011 at 10:31 am

i love the show it’s bad that they cancelled it Abc is cancellin shows all the time if it’s thay enjoyng shuting down the products :)) [ the forgotten ]– Rulles :)

penny August 15, 2011 at 10:02 pm

the forgotten love the show wish it was still on also wish the gates was still on. they seem to cancel all the good shows

*Anonymous* July 29, 2011 at 11:17 am

Here in Portugal “The Forgothen” is kind of a new TV show, i couldnt watch all the episodes on Tv so i decided to wacht it on my Laptop …The season one was absolutely spectacular !
It was incredible how fast i could watch the all season !
I loved season 1 and i dont get it why this show was cancelled for season 2
ABC Please think better, i dont ask just for portugal fans of this show but also for all the fans from all the country ‘s in the world !

amina July 21, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I love the forgotten.Can’t get enough of it. Breaks my heart that it’s been cancelled. From Nigeria P-L-E-A-S-E

fed up July 7, 2011 at 11:35 am

It seems like people only seem to be wanting to see sleezy people getting drunk fighting and women showing off their ass while guys go around grabbing them and pulling them off to bed. Good shows are cancelled for reality t.v with people that have no talent other than being stupid.jersey shore kardashians networks automatically think that every one wants to see that trash.. and abc it seems like the people tha work there are idiots as well..

cristina May 2, 2011 at 10:16 am

Hi, I’m from Romania (E urope), and I’ve watched this show on pc, I meen once I’ve started I couldn’t wait to watch the next episode. I don’t really see why it didn’t clicked with
the American public, I guess it’s another mentality. Anyway, I loved the show, it bothered me to hear it got cancelled, I hope mayby ABC will change it’s mind, I guess there are a lot of shows that got cancelled that should have not.
Ok, that’s it. La revedere (see you)

sozin February 15, 2011 at 5:49 pm

i think they should have keep going. it was a very good show i would’ve liked to see what would’ve happened b/w Alex and Candice.

mel February 9, 2011 at 2:37 am

I wish this show was still on, it was really good!!!

Jess February 3, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Why did the Forgotten get cancelled? It was so much better than those other shows. A lot of them make me sick to my stomach because they’re so graphic! The Forgotten was the only TV show my mom and I could watch together. We couldn’t find it later in the season due to them moving the days it was aired on and the time! That was its biggest blow.