the forgotten: Not Cancelled But, Was That the Last Episode?

the forgottenDespite what you might have read elsewhere, the forgotten has not been officially cancelled. The show may actually return with new episodes this season. But, don’t get too excited just yet.

ABC’s the forgotten details the cases taken on by a group of talented civilians once the police can’t go any further. The series features the talents of Slater, Michelle Borth, Heather Stephens, Bob Stephenson, Rochelle Aytes, Anthony Carrigan, Judith Hoag, Lily Rains, and Elisha Cuthbert.

ABC recently did some reshuffling of their primetime schedule and decided to replace the March 16th and 23rd episodes of the forgotten. It was reported that the network was also calling the March 9th episode, the “season finale.”

An ABC representative has confirmed to us that that’s not the case. He tells us that the network didn’t promote this week’s episode as the season finale and may still air the remaining two installments sometime in the next several months.

The episode that aired this week, “Donovan Doe,” was originally scheduled to run on March 23rd and finish the season. That makes sense since an ongoing storyline, the fate of Alex’s long-missing daughter, was resolved in a shocking twist. The episode works well as a season finale and very likely will have to serve as the series finale as well. As we’ve discussed before, it’s a longshot at best that the forgotten will be renewed for a second season because of low ratings.

TV show supportIf by chance it is renewed, there’s a good chance that Cuthbert won’t be part of it. The actress has been signed for a lead role on a new comedy pilot for ABC. Happy Endings revolves around a bride (Cuthbert) and a groom who break up at the altar and try to work out how to stay friends with their four compadres.

What do you think? Are you happy that ABC at least aired the season (likely series) finale? Do you think they’ll air the remaining two episodes?

Holly April 16, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Are u kidding? I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I will be broken hearted to see another under-advertised, yet great show cancelled. Christian Slater is a fabulous actor, who brings his charactor heart.

Heather April 15, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Please please please Bring back The Forgotten. I was finally able to really enjoy Christian Slater again and I absolutely loved the premise of the show. I loved sitting in my living room with my husband trying desperately to figure out along with “The Forgotten Network” what happened to each victim week after week. Why does it seem like all the good shows are getting cancelled and all the really crappy ones are kept? I mean, a 2nd season of Glee???? Really? Was that show really that good? Or New Adventures of Old Christine?

Ashly April 14, 2010 at 9:28 am

I don’t watch reality TV. My family & I dvr a lot to keep from watching reality tv. Please don’t cancel this!

jim April 14, 2010 at 6:30 am

Please don’t cancel the show, i am really REALLY enjoy the series and really REALLY looking forward to the second season.

kim April 13, 2010 at 5:00 pm

I really love this show, and don’t watch a lot of tv since realities took over. This is one of the rare shows that i actually looked forward to watching ( not to mention the 1 reason I ever turned to channel 7) Please give it more time to catch on, one more season at least

Veronica April 11, 2010 at 11:20 pm

Please do NOT Cancel “The Forgotten”! the show hardly had a chance to even Start!

Joe April 11, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Tremendous show. Just needs a little time for people to catch on. Remember Seinfeld. The show was almost cancelled before people caught on.

sandy April 8, 2010 at 1:44 pm

love the show and it should stay on the air .

Twins2007 April 8, 2010 at 11:58 am

Typical ABC…… cancel all the good shows and keep the crap on TV. Now wonder their ratings as a station are so low – they suck at keeping good shows around.
The Forgotten was a GREAT show – which means ABC must cancel it – because heaven forbid they keep a good show on their station.
At this rate I think I may just stop watching ABC all together……

Christina April 5, 2010 at 10:16 pm

I love this show!! Please oh please don’t cancel, even if it doesn’t have high ratings doesn’t it count that some people watch it. Give it another season to get more people to watch it! I don’t understand why the networks have to cancel everything so fast without giving something a chance.

Cindy April 1, 2010 at 6:11 am

Please don’t cancel “The Forgotten”, it is a very good series.
I also believe that if the ratings are low it is because it wasn’t promoted enough.
I accidentally ran acrossed it because Christian Slater and DVR’d every episode.
I seldom saw advertisments for it, I was constantly searching the internet to see when it would be on next.

Terry March 30, 2010 at 6:08 pm

I really, really like ‘the forgotten’! It’s not as formulaic as so many shows are. The whole premise is an interesting and different one. The reality shows are getting pretty sickening and they are so repetitive. I surely hope they give the show another chance!!

C Mont March 30, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I liked the show alot. I am sick and tired of reality shows.

Diane M March 29, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I really like show.

It has a great cast, and the plot of every episode has an ending.

I would really like this show to come back it so much better than
those crazy reallity shows. At least it has meaning to it.

Please keep it on the air

Camille March 29, 2010 at 11:10 am

I love this show!!! Please don’t cancel it!!! It is one of my favorites!!! I agree will everybody else, they need to advertise it more!!! ABC needs to give it a chance!!! PLEASSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!