the forgotten: Not Cancelled (yet), ABC Orders Five More Episodes

the forgotten not canceledThe new ABC series called the forgotten has received a bit of good news. The network has decided to order five more installments. Does this mean that it won’t be cancelled?

Starring Christian Slater, the forgotten follows a group of civilians who work together to find missing persons once the police have reached a dead end. Aside from Slater, the series features the talents of Michelle Borth, Heather Stephens, Bob Stephenson, Rochelle Aytes, Anthony Carrigan, Judith Hoag, and Lily Rains.

Debuting on September 22nd, the forgotten got off to a slow start with just a 2.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 9.54 million total viewers. It lost a large percentage of the Dancing with the Stars lead-in audience and 12% of viewers tuned in before the hour was done.

Is the forgotten worth saving?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The following week, viewership dropped to a 2.0 in the demo and 7.72 million. While overall viewership fluctuated in later weeks, the demo numbers stayed at the same disappointing level.

TV show supportIn a somewhat surprising move, ABC has decided to order five additional installments. Of the news, co-executive producer KristieAnne Reedd tweeted, “Very excited about the additional order of episodes for the forgotten.”

While this may seem like the network has faith in the series, it’s more likely an indication of other scheduling challenges caused by things like the cancellation of Eastwick.

Unless the forgotten’s ratings turn around, it’s difficult to imagine that ABC will order any more or invest in a second season.

What do you think? Can the forgotten be saved or is it living on borrowed time?

Canceled and renewed TV show

149 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jan says

This is an outstanding show. I think they need to change the time slot and they will see the ratings go up. The show is up against The Good Wife. I like them both so I watch one and record the other.

2. Carol says

I am so disapointed to hear that the Forgotten may be cancled I have enjoyed it and am an avid fan of Christian Slater, and I am no sprig chicken. I think the supporting ccast is great. Can’t anything be done?

3. Johnny B says

Ahhh, idiots that ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX all are. Right now my fav tv station is CW. These networks cancel the BEST shows on tv. FLASHFORWARD, COLD CASE, HEROES, and then they come and juggle this banta poodoo infront of us called ratings. I mean do they really think people swallow this crap about how many people are actually up watching a show. Not ONE tv network can tell who’s up watching a show on any given night, bunch of morons.
    The forgotten is one of the best shows on tv, and if ABC cancels it, I will do to them what I did with the WWE, NOT watch that station anymore. Not that they will give a damn, but then again, neither will I. Keep the show on, it’s a damn good show.

4. says

The Forgotten is a really good program, they need to give it a chance. Maybe a new time slot, or stay on Tuesdays. Loved this show, thank you for your consideration.

5. Steven Swanson says

I have been praying that this show will be back on, please don’t cancel it. We love it!

6. Joyce Kaestner says

Please do not cancel The Forgotten. It is a very unique concept and well worth watching. It is extremely good at dealing with a problem we never think of –
    and they need to remembered in some format. This is the best one!

7. Mary Farrell says

I love this show. I am so happy for five more shows being added.
    I enjoy the cast and stories. I always tell everyone to watch this show.

8. Dorothy Alemadi says

Please don’t cancel this show. It is one of the better show on TV and not a big criminal show which seems to be the only thing on TV these days along with all the reality shows.

9. Jannes van den Berg says

A “Save the show, please” from the Netherlands….

Me and my girlfriend don’t have much time to watch tv, due to work.
    Most of the time we do watch tv, we like to watch tv series.
    It does not air here, but because of the internet we can watch the show..
    We like it a lot!!
    Please keep going with the show, it’s one of the best we watched in al long time!!!!

10. Tina Zimmerman says

Please, please don’t cancel “The Forgotten”, it is one of the best shows. I only have a few shows throughout the week that I enjoy watching and “The Forgotten” is one of them.

11. Beverly says

I love “The Forgotten”. I think it’s the best drama on TV since “CSI”. Please keep it on with more episodes. Thank you!