the forgotten: Not Cancelled (yet), ABC Orders Five More Episodes

the forgotten not canceledThe new ABC series called the forgotten has received a bit of good news. The network has decided to order five more installments. Does this mean that it won’t be cancelled?

Starring Christian Slater, the forgotten follows a group of civilians who work together to find missing persons once the police have reached a dead end. Aside from Slater, the series features the talents of Michelle Borth, Heather Stephens, Bob Stephenson, Rochelle Aytes, Anthony Carrigan, Judith Hoag, and Lily Rains.

Debuting on September 22nd, the forgotten got off to a slow start with just a 2.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 9.54 million total viewers. It lost a large percentage of the Dancing with the Stars lead-in audience and 12% of viewers tuned in before the hour was done.

Is the forgotten worth saving?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The following week, viewership dropped to a 2.0 in the demo and 7.72 million. While overall viewership fluctuated in later weeks, the demo numbers stayed at the same disappointing level.

TV show supportIn a somewhat surprising move, ABC has decided to order five additional installments. Of the news, co-executive producer KristieAnne Reedd tweeted, “Very excited about the additional order of episodes for the forgotten.”

While this may seem like the network has faith in the series, it’s more likely an indication of other scheduling challenges caused by things like the cancellation of Eastwick.

Unless the forgotten’s ratings turn around, it’s difficult to imagine that ABC will order any more or invest in a second season.

What do you think? Can the forgotten be saved or is it living on borrowed time?

Taylor July 21, 2010 at 1:29 pm

i think that this show is completly origanl and there are no others like it. i looked forward to this show every week . Sometimes a new show has so much competition that it is slow to catch on, but if it is kept going it h as a solid loyal group of viewers such as my self and 6 million other people! They should keep it, if over 6 million people is not good enuf for the bimbos working at the sations they need to open there eyes to how many more may enjoy it once it getts so buzz. Most shows dont get a lot of attenion untill the season fanally. So they never really gave it a chance and i hope they relize this before they make a mastake that will make many people upset and disapointed.

Laura R. Vera July 16, 2010 at 11:14 am

I like the forgotten a lot and I used to watch evey week , now it is nothing to watch anymore compairing to other shows . I really miss the show it was very interesting and real too instead other programs on T.V are very bad like reality shows, please giving the chance to The Forgotten and I know people will watch the show if they ABC change the time , I will be waiting for the anwer on the show now I just watching the re runs on saturdays.

peetee July 14, 2010 at 11:22 am

There are not many shows that my husband and I both love, but The Forgotten is certainly one of them. He tells anyone that will listen what a great show it is and for him that is saying something. Please give it a chance for a second year. We are waiting with baited breath for the new season.

dakota July 7, 2010 at 7:34 am

I agree with you Frank, too many reality shows and it is all about the money, greed and who can stab who in the back to get it. TV is getting so bad these days with sex and violence not so much the violence. I guess the networks think they have to add sexuality to the shows for people to watch them, no wonder kids are turning out the way they are, kids doing drugs and having sex younger and younger. This is why we need to keep these clean GOOD shows on Stop pulling off all the good clean shows. They pulled NUMBERS, Cold case, and now The Forgotten another clean show. They have a great cast Christian Slater, very good actor and the rest of the cast they all just fit right in and make a great team.

Frank July 6, 2010 at 7:46 pm

The forgotten is an excellent show. The cast is really good. Christian Slater is a great actor. It is a shame that in today TV world if a show don’t debut with high marks is immediately target for termination regardless of the money and time spend on it. I remember in the past the networks used to move shows around until they found the perfect spot, until all other options where exhausted. Reality bites. The networks have brain wash most of the population with these so called ” reality TV” that by the way have nothing of reality, they are all script out to create animosity against the participants. The only reality we see is how greedy people really are and how for a miserable pay off the will do anything short to kill each other. What a legacy. Any way the forgotten, my own worst enemy, flash forward are all casualties of greed and not necessarily of people’s choice.

Kelly July 5, 2010 at 11:14 pm

I love this show. Christian Slater is one of my favorite actors, and I was so disappointed when My Own Worst Enemy was cancelled, and now The Forgotten too???? This just sucks! They are great shows and I am confused why they leave crap on tv but let these good shows go down in flames.
Keep it on TV. We love it!

Carole Dorman July 5, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Please keep the forgotten on ABC..It’s the greatest new show that’s been on in a long time….forget these mindless reality shows…they really lack in intelligence…….totally mindless..look at NBC..messing up on Jay Leno and now Law and Order…..don’t make the same mistake…look at CBS…NCIS is great but NCIS LA is not up to par…..Keep the Forgotten

dakota July 5, 2010 at 9:07 am

The Forgotten is a great show it is real, things that really do happen, they do need more shows like this get rid of those reality shows, like survivor, the bachelorette, and crap like that. Those shows there are always a prize given to the winner. There is no prize for the families when they find out what happened to their loved ones. I don’t think having closure and knowing what happen to their loved ones not great news. I don’t think the families are having a party because now they can give them a proper service and burial. The forgotten is telling stories that do happen every day to people that most of them are murdered. I know the show is not based on actual people but there are too many sick people out there and it does happen.
They should come out with a show with actual events of what happens when a drunk driver takes a loved one or their own life. I took my sister to lose almost everything to realize that’s it no more drinking and driving. She got pulled over because she was driving too slow, she didn’t hurt anyone but she lost her job, license for a while, thousands of dollars, if she does it again she goes to jail.
So anyway PLEASE KEEP the Forgotten on.

L. Colon July 4, 2010 at 8:28 pm

I really like this show, and would like to hear that another season is in the works. I’ve seen great shows go off the air before they really get going.

Laurie July 3, 2010 at 11:30 pm

This is one of the BEST shows on TV right now! I hope it doesn’t get cancelled. The writing is wonderful, the acting is superb and the chemistry between the actors is as good or better than the cast on NCIS (another show I enjoy). I loved the episodes that aired tonight (July 3).

Lester bowersock July 3, 2010 at 8:07 pm

The two shows on 7/3/2010 were very good I liked the ending of the second show. Keep it on for next season

Chuck Bobbs June 30, 2010 at 10:44 am

I would hope that some net work exc. will see to it that the best show to come along in a long time, will not sink in the t.v. game..They need more showes like it, not just Police dramas & sex related showes, & yes even that STUPID reality junk stuff!!!

Shannon June 29, 2010 at 6:16 pm

DON”T CANCEL THE FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!! I love it and i am so sick of watching crime tv shows thats its nice to have something different!! the cast is wonderful and its a great show! KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fredda Hamilton June 16, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Great news to hear that there are new episodes of “The Forgotten”. I love that show!
If ABC does decide to cancel the show, I hope that CBS will pick-up “The Forgotten”, just as it did NBC’s “Medium”.

Carole Dorman June 16, 2010 at 1:43 pm

according to TV Guide..there are 2 new episodes of the Forgotten on Sat. 7/3 at 9 snd 10pm..don’t forget to watch

ABC don’t make the same mistake of cancelling THE FORGOTTEN..like NBC did by cancelling LAW and ORDER…….. BOO to NBC

Reality shows suck

Cathy July 4, 2010 at 10:00 am

I love this show. It was confusing though because when the show stopped in 2009, Slader’s character had found his daughter. Now with the two new shows last night (which were great) his daughter was still lost. Anyone else catch that. I do hope that they will pick this show back up. It is the best. Anyone know when the other 3 episodes will be out?

admin July 4, 2010 at 11:41 am

@Cathy: The episode that aired a couple months ago, in which he found his daughter, was the series finale. Last night’s were leftover episodes that were filmed before the finale. There aren’t any more episodes.