the forgotten: Cancelled TV Show Returning to ABC for One Night

the forgottenABC officially cancelled the forgotten a few weeks ago but the writing had been on the wall long before that. Unfortunately, Christian Slater’s second TV series lasted only a bit longer than his first, NBC’s My Own Worst Enemy.

The network has scheduled the final two episodes of the forgotten to run on Saturday, July 3rd, beginning at 9pm. They’re called “Living Doe” and “Designer Jane.”

But don’t look for any additional closure to the series in these episodes. ABC actually aired the series finale back in early March. The 17th and last installment of the show ended happily, with Alex (Slater) being reunited with his long-missing daughter Lucy.

What do you think? Will you be tuning in to see these last episodes of the forgotten?

Lisa June 28, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Yes I will watch!!! I hate that they canceled the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori June 25, 2010 at 6:16 am

I agree with everyone….it’s a shame they cancelled this show! Very disappointed in ABC. The good shows just keep getting cancelled! What’s worse is that many times they don’t even wrap up the show and leave us hanging with more questions. At least this one gave us some satisfaction with the last episode when Slater found his daughter.
ABC quit making these bad decisions. Bring back the forgotten!

Dale June 20, 2010 at 10:06 am

Well my wife and I will certainly be watching. Especially since our son wrote the Living Doe episode. :) Looking forward to both of them though. This was a good show.

Brian June 20, 2010 at 3:36 am

ABC Disney – GRR this was a good show!

pearly June 19, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I most certainly will be watching! What a shame ABC cancelled yet another good show.

Julie June 18, 2010 at 6:48 am

Of course I’m upset it’s over I loved the mailman

Christopher K June 17, 2010 at 7:31 am

What more can be said, that all us fans have allready said, expect……YOU SUCK ABC!

krissy June 16, 2010 at 10:44 pm

i really wish this show had been renewed. it was refreshing to see a crime from a victims point of view, and to know that there are people who are out there looking for them. i really liked it, and hope something comes along similiar to it.

Kim June 16, 2010 at 1:49 pm

I am sad that this show has been canceled. It appears that anything that is non violent, has good intentions and no foul language no longer is sustainable on TV.

Anonymous June 15, 2010 at 7:47 pm

that was a good show and it stinks that it was cancelled.

Kev N'sync June 15, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Thanks for more of the forgotten

Chuck Bobbs June 15, 2010 at 1:11 am

What a shame!! It sucks they’re not bringing back this well written, superbly acted and emotionally gripping show. Great story lines, super chemistry with all the characters, particularly Slater — it was one of his best to date. Will really miss this series. It had great potential. Don’t believe it was the time slot that caussed the failure. Although it was an exceptional show, I don’t think it would have been particularly suited for “family hour” as Anthony stated above. The issues dealt with were probably a bit too “mature” for that time spot. Nevertheless, the show will be missed in our household and we will continue to hope another network will pick it up.

Anthony June 14, 2010 at 4:34 pm

I’ll watch, if only for a sense of completeness and the fact that I liked Slater’s character. It’s a shame the show had so many weaknesses in execution, because the basic idea is a great one. The time slot was also a mistake: no way was this a 10PM show. It was mild-enough that it should have been on at 8, during “family hour.”

bill Jones June 13, 2010 at 3:23 pm

It’s a shame. The program was well written, acted and very enjoyable to watch. Seems the better shows have been cancelled the past few years. There was a program on two years ago called Life. I beleive a different network. Different type show, but still very enjoyable and of course cancelled. Perhaps the Forgotten would have done better at 9:00 P.M. instead of Tuesday at 10:00 P.M. You also may wonder why cable is doing so well, they seem to protect the better shows. Thanks for reading my coments.

Jeremy Rynek June 13, 2010 at 11:18 am

Yeah I’ll be watching. Atleast I won’t have to wait for the dvd.