The Fosters: Season One Ratings

The Fosters canceled or renewed?On The Fosters, Lena and Stef welcome adopted children into their family. ABC Family is hoping that viewers will welcome this new TV show into their homes and bring big ratings. Will it see a second season or be cancelled instead? Time will tell.

Airing on Monday nights, the cast of The Fosters includes Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, Jake T. Austin, Hayden Byerly, David Lambert, Maia Mitchell, Danny Nucci, and Cierra Ramirez. Below are the show’s TV ratings, the best way to tell if this new TV series will be cancelled or renewed. These figures will be updated as the weeks progress so be sure to bookmark and return to this page:

UPDATE: ABC Family has renewed The Fosters for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.68 million total viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like The Fosters TV series? Do you think that it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

115 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Hayley says

This is my favorite show on air right now, and possibly the most addictive show I’ve ever watched. Seeing what the characters go through and how strong they are brings tears to my eyes. They’re all so strong, every one of them. I may not have experienced the horrible pain some of them went through, but some of my friends have gone through similar events. I can connect so well with this show, and I’ll be utterly heart broken if it gets cancelled. It has a piece of my heart now, cheesy as it sounds. I just can’t stand the thought of it being gone, and looking at this website’s comments, I know more people are on my side than the other. Please, let The Fosters remain on air until it has an appropriate emotional ending; an ending based on the show’s story, and not one based on the people who want it shut down.

2. cloey says

Hate the show. So incredibly slanted. PC ,liberal and intolerant. Diss the dad, diss Catholic conservatives, blah, blah, blah. There’s a way to do this without always offending conservatives.

3. Michelle Willis says

I think that if and family don’t renew this show then there crazy ….. this show relates to everything I’m a married lesbian and my family and I watch this show bcuz we can all relate …. I want more of The Fosters I’m already addicted

4. Allie says

We watch this show as a family. We are a lesbian couple and it is so honest.
    It is an outstanding show that should be renewed for the fall.
    Most of today’s TV is pretty bad but The Fosters is so positive and loving. Compared to all the violence on prime time TV, I hope this show will continue!
    Thank you.

5. says

I really really would like it to be a second season it’s really a good show its so interesting and very relatable to others situation in real life

6. Tate Baugh says

I like that show and I wish it should have a second season in case something mysterious happens in the season 1 finale.

7. says

A strong vote to renew! It’s a wonderful and real depiction of family. I do volunteer work with kids in the foster system and this is so true to life. I’m so happy that I watched the first episode. Got hooked and haven’t missed one since!

8. eli says

the fosters deserve to be renewed it’s one of the best tv shows right now
    I love the story and the plot teaches good thing to the young,it’s different from other tv shows and that what make it so good I also love the actors especially maia Mitchell :)

9. Linda says

I love this show..yes renew it. If someone doesn’t like it then don’t watch it. U arnt forcing us to watch. It has a great story line and I love all the characters.

10. jeanine says

I absolutly love this show! It needs to be renewed and not just for next summer it should be renewed for this fall season. Its rare to find a show that brings the whole family
    together. We all enjoy this show so much.