The Fosters: Season One Ratings

The Fosters canceled or renewed?On The Fosters, Lena and Stef welcome adopted children into their family. ABC Family is hoping that viewers will welcome this new TV show into their homes and bring big ratings. Will it see a second season or be cancelled instead? Time will tell.

Airing on Monday nights, the cast of The Fosters includes Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, Jake T. Austin, Hayden Byerly, David Lambert, Maia Mitchell, Danny Nucci, and Cierra Ramirez. Below are the show’s TV ratings, the best way to tell if this new TV series will be cancelled or renewed. These figures will be updated as the weeks progress so be sure to bookmark and return to this page:

UPDATE: ABC Family has renewed The Fosters for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.68 million total viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like The Fosters TV series? Do you think that it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

trina May 20, 2014 at 10:52 am

I live the show I think they need more seasons. I wanna seed more

Alexis April 29, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Absolutely love this show!!! I like how it’s not the typical family, the show teaches many lesson. Hoping that it doesn’t get cancelled! I love Callie and Brandon together!

Cassie April 8, 2014 at 2:57 pm

found the show 2b somewhat weird. Tried to like it, but not 4me. Gives ‘real fosters’ a bad image.

Blake April 3, 2014 at 7:55 pm

What a waste of air time ! Next

Rox March 31, 2014 at 8:43 pm

We love the show my teenager daughter think it explains today lifestyles color mixture and same sex marriage and taking in foster kids.. this is what the world is about more ppl need to be more accepting..this is real..don’t cancel

Lisa March 25, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Hate to say, but ratings for this show are in the tank. I lost interest and most of my friends say it sucked. Guys like WWE & watch it. The Fosters appeal to a narrow audience.

Jack May 15, 2014 at 9:04 pm

I loved this show at first, and it started out really, really good. But as time went on, it degenerated into a weekly contrived-drama-bullshit-fest

WBB March 21, 2014 at 7:13 pm

What a beautiful show. The scripts are so organic. Wonderful writing with fully realized 3-dimensional characters at every turn. Nothing is written to create drama, but to tell truth. Reminds me of my favorite show (outside of Homeland) in the last 20 years, “Once and Again”. I still mourn that show. But again, it’s all about money in America.
Pick any channel, any time of day or night, and get as much violence as you desire. But a gem like this, with real human beings going through real ordinary issues, so relatable, sexuality of ANY character being insignificant compared to the love and authenticity in the relationships that exists … it’s not worthy to be on the air and be watched.
Get some guts ABC. Integrity over greed for a change. What did you get into the business for? What is your contribution to this planet at the end of the day?

wordsmith March 11, 2014 at 3:35 am

Great show! Hope the marketing folks at ABC are sharp enough to realize they have something very important to countless families who ANE AND WILL CONTINUE TO BUY THINGS from the advertisers on this show.

Ali February 26, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Love this show! So glad it was renewed for season 2. I hope it last a long time!

Brandy February 20, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Love the show

Cindi February 23, 2014 at 1:34 pm

The Fosters have a very small audience in both seasons. Cancel it and put traditional values shows that vet ratings.

Anonymous February 25, 2014 at 10:31 pm

It doesn’t have a small audience for the network it’s on, it’s their 3rd most watched show. Also according to your “traditional values” a show like Modern Family wouldn’t be one of the biggest shows on tv because only shows with “traditional values” get good ratings.

Lisa March 25, 2014 at 9:44 pm

TV class, an elective, we learned ratings. 0.5 rating is lower than SpongeBob. The show is very narrow & predictable. Final shows last 2 Mondays rated o.4, o.5 & its lowest audience of roughly 1,4m. Less than one half of 1%. Facts. It’s losing cash.

Jack May 15, 2014 at 9:06 pm

I agree with cancelling it, but your reason as to why indicates that you’re on the wrong side of history.

It shouldn’t be cancelled for being pro-gay, it should be cancelled for becoming so stupid when it started out so great.

James February 1, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I love this show it really makes you realize how family and friends are everything and even though things can get touch it gets better

I hope so see many more seasons of this show because it is really awesome

lexie January 20, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I love the show and I hope there is going to be a second season

ana January 16, 2014 at 7:14 pm

i love it and i love brandon please make more seasons please

elaine November 11, 2013 at 9:24 pm

LOVED this show. Can’t wait for second season!!!

Alissa September 8, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I love this show

Anonymous March 19, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Best show ever, love brandon .can’t wait for season two.