The Fosters: Season Two Ratings

The Fosters TV show on ABC Family ratingsEarlier this year, The Fosters lost a lot of ratings steam towards the end of its first season. Will the numbers continue to slip in season two or, will they grow? Will this family drama be cancelled or renewed for a third season instead? Stay tuned!

The Fosters revolves around an interracial lesbian couple who are raising a blended family of foster, biological, and adopted kids in San Diego. The TV show’s cast includes Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, Jake T. Austin, Hayden Byerly, David Lambert, Maia Mitchell, Danny Nucci, and Cierra Ramirez.

Below are the TV show’s ratings, typically the best way to tell if a series will be cancelled or renewed. These figures will be updated as the weeks progress:

8/19 update: ABC Family hasn’t announced how many episodes are in season two however they have announced there will be an all-new holiday episode in December.

For comparisons: The first season of The Fosters averaged a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.68 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like The Fosters TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Bill August 7, 2014 at 12:44 am

renew for sure love the show…wait for it every week

erin August 6, 2014 at 10:19 am

This is my favorite show! I hope it gets renewed for many more seasons. I love it!
Half of the people don’t like the fosters and they don’t wanna watch it at all and that gets me angry and upset they put a lot of work in this show and it’s only getting 1 million of viewers watching it and that means it’s 0.9 in the demos
please read this and see the evidence http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fosters_(2013_TV_series)

william August 5, 2014 at 3:39 pm

great show ,bring season 3,please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEBBIE August 5, 2014 at 1:55 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THE FOSTERS I live for that show cannot wait for new episodes to come on

jamie July 30, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Renew for Season 3 and m a ny more to come! Love this shoe! My favorite show on Abc Family!!!

jamie July 30, 2014 at 5:30 pm

LOVE THE SHOW THE FOSTERS BRING ON SEASON 3 and many more!

Chinagorom July 16, 2014 at 7:58 am

got series high monday with 1.6 million viewers great job. keep watching on abc family at 8 central time. 9 eastern. want season 3

josef July 12, 2014 at 9:22 pm

this is a great show, I love all the drama, very unique and hopefully will last for a very long time to come, the acting looks so real, is scary to think someone can live through all that, thank you for another great season.

Anonymous July 11, 2014 at 8:54 am

Is a great show!! It has interesting storylines for both young AND adult audiences. Is a fantastic show for the whole family to watch together.

mzanah July 9, 2014 at 4:40 pm

It’s ABC FAMILY.

erin July 3, 2014 at 10:47 am

If Viewers don’t take their time to watch this show then this will get abc family network and the cast and crew all upset

Hallie June 27, 2014 at 7:36 am

My daughter and I got addicted to this show after seeing it on Netflix. We were excited to see it was coming but on tv. But every Monday we sit down turn to ABC and it’s not on. I don’t get it. Is this only on some special cable channel and not regular abs channel. We are very disappointed we can never find it. Every where I look on the internet just says on ABC but then the bachelor or something is on instead. Please help.

Carrow June 27, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Hi. Its on the cable news network ABC Family not regular ABC.

Carrow June 27, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Oops meant it’s in the cable network ABC family.

Chinagorom June 28, 2014 at 7:28 am

It’s on abc family if you have direct tv it’s channel 311 and if you don’t have cable it still works

erin June 26, 2014 at 10:22 am

Lindsey The Fish
I am upset that there is only 1 million of viewers watching this show there should have been 2 or 3 million people watching this show I love this show so much and I am touch with the relationship between callie and brandan jesus talya and lexi

Jude can continue on find that right girl just seeing all of the events of callie life with her biogical father Robert Quinn and callie half sister Sophia and I look see in Sophia Quinn live with caillie in it

The Fish June 26, 2014 at 7:30 am

First season was pretty good and but as has happened to good shows in the past, the on again,off again stuff drags it all down(referring to the Cassie adoption).

Lindsey June 25, 2014 at 8:08 pm

erin June 25, 2014 at 6:47 pm

I am upset that there is only 1 millon of viewers watching this show there should have been 2 or 3 million people watching this show I love this show so much and Iam touch with the realtionship between callie and brandan jesus talya and lexi

Jude can continue on find that right girl just seeing all of the events of callie life with her biogical father Robert Quinn and callie half sister Sophia and I look see in Sophia Quinn livee with caillie in it

Anonymous July 3, 2014 at 4:23 pm

love this show so much,can t wait for monday!