The Fosters

The Fosters TV showNetwork: ABC Family
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: June 3, 2013 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, David Lambert, Cierra Ramirez, Jake T. Austin, and Maia Mitchell.

current TV show

TV show description:
A drama, this TV series revolves around a multi-ethnic family — a mix of foster and biological kids who are being raised by two moms.

Stef Foster (Teri Polo) is a dedicated police officer and her partner, Lena Adams (Sherri Saum), is a school Vice Principal. Together, they’ve built a close-knit, loving family with Stef’s biological son from a previous marriage, Brandon (David Lambert), and their adopted twins, Mariana (Cierra Ramirez) and Jesus (Jake T. Austin).

Their lives are disrupted in unexpected ways when Lena meets Callie (Maia Mitchell). She’s a hardened teen with an abusive past who’s spent her life in and out of foster homes. Lena and Stef warily welcome Callie into their home thinking it will just be for a few weeks, until a more permanent placement can be found.

Callie is quick to observe that the Fosters are an atypical family, and her blunt commentary hits a nerve with Jesus and Mariana who are struggling to find their own identities. The twins have the opportunity to meet their birth mother, but they aren’t sure if they are emotionally ready, or if they want to share the experience with their adoptive moms. Callie also discovers that Mariana is harboring a secret that could land her in serious trouble.

Brandon is a talented musician with a kind soul. He lends Callie a hand in navigating the classrooms and social scene at the Fosters’ high school, Anchor Beach Community Charter School. He’s faced with a tough decision however when Callie decides to ditch school to reconnect with someone from her past.

What happens next determines if Stef and Lena made the right choice in taking a chance on Callie, and whether they have room in their home — and their hearts — for one more.

space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like The Fosters TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Jasmin July 14, 2013 at 2:06 am

Please don’t cancel the fosters! This show is amazing. And many people can relate to the characters. Please keep it on air for a long long time.

Rachel July 11, 2013 at 2:12 am

dont cancel. this is one of the best shows! you cancel so many. its a different kind of show and its great! many people will be disappointed if another show is GONE! this show teaches its okay to love anyone! <3 FOSTERS FORVER

erin July 10, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I love this show Keep renewing it When news shows start airing on the ABC Family people do not watch a t.v. series with short seasons it’s ridiculous ABC Family and the CW Network are worst network in the history due to cancelation to t.v. series that runs short seasons on their programming shows most often it will only last with a Season 5 and a season 6
Cancel All Comedy shows including Babby Daddy and Melissa and Joey the worst shows in the history

Pretty Lairs Switch At Birth Twisted Fosters are for the summer lineup on the ABC Family ABC FAMILY please continue to make more Pretty Little Liars Twisted The Fosters and Switch At Brith Fosters seasons

charles brathwaite July 9, 2013 at 10:30 pm

I like both The Fosters and Twisted they are extremely awesome shows, and I think they should get a second season the creators create new plots, although it looks like they’re wrapping everything up this summer.

Annon July 7, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Keep it! Renew. It is my favourtie show ever, its the only show I stick to the dates to watch

Anonymous July 1, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Don’t cancel

Candace June 28, 2013 at 5:18 pm

In my opinion, I don’t think they should cancel The Fosters. For many reasons, one being that there are really no other shows on TV that talk or include adoption/foster in the shows. With this, some people can relate because they’ve had to deal with being in and out of multiple homes in a short period of time. Not many people that I know of had to deal with being ‘Switched at Birth’ or something like ‘Kyle XY’. Some people want it to be canceled due to the fact The Fosters include a lesbian couple in it. Do those people realize that the world is changing, and being gay is becoming more and more acceptable? I absolutely adore the fact it has a lesbian couple, raising children. So please, don’t cancel a show that is actually REALLY amazing.

Anonymous June 28, 2013 at 8:34 am

Keep it!

M Turner June 24, 2013 at 6:43 am

cancel! Sherri Saum is a horrible actress and the show is boring!

JC June 25, 2013 at 5:00 pm

You don’t know how to turn the channel?

Anonymous July 22, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Just because you don’t like somebody, doesn’t mean the show should be cancel. Your not the one who got the acting job

Susan June 18, 2013 at 10:55 am

I really like it and hope they keep it. It is really a good show and it has a good story behind it. Hope it stays on for many seasons.

Jennifer June 12, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I hope they don’t cancel this show. I thought the first episode was awesome. It was nice to see a show about kids who have been in foster care and were adopted. I have been a foster parent for over 5 years and proud of it….

Anonymous June 8, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Even though I never get to see it, I don’t want it to cancel, I want it as a Tv show not a movie.

Kay June 5, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Keep cute and heart warming

Christine Christie June 5, 2013 at 8:03 am

I agree with Jill – cancel. So boring, generic and dumb.

Candace June 28, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Boring describes shows like ‘Secret Life’, where the same thing just keeps happening. (Have sex, get pregnant, being cheated on, cont.)
Generic? It’s about a lesbian couple, taking in and raising foster children. What show on ABC FAMILY can you name that has had that same outline? None.
Dumb? Don’t even get me started. It’s an amazing show, and obviously if you’ve watched it you had other things on your mind and didn’t try to understand it.

Jill June 4, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Anonymous June 13, 2013 at 10:39 pm

NO! no cancel, keep it going. I want to see more episodes!

Anonymous June 13, 2013 at 10:41 pm

NO DON’T CANCEL IT! Keep it going, I want to see more episodes, I saw the first episode and it was AWESOME!