The Fosters

The Fosters TV showNetwork: ABC Family
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: June 3, 2013 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, David Lambert, Cierra Ramirez, Jake T. Austin, and Maia Mitchell.

TV show description:
A drama, this TV series revolves around a multi-ethnic family — a mix of foster and biological kids who are being raised by two moms.

Stef Foster (Teri Polo) is a dedicated police officer and her partner, Lena Adams (Sherri Saum), is a school Vice Principal. Together, they’ve built a close-knit, loving family with Stef’s biological son from a previous marriage, Brandon (David Lambert), and their adopted twins, Mariana (Cierra Ramirez) and Jesus (Jake T. Austin).

Their lives are disrupted in unexpected ways when Lena meets Callie (Maia Mitchell). She’s a hardened teen with an abusive past who’s spent her life in and out of foster homes. Lena and Stef warily welcome Callie into their home thinking it will just be for a few weeks, until a more permanent placement can be found.

Callie is quick to observe that the Fosters are an atypical family, and her blunt commentary hits a nerve with Jesus and Mariana who are struggling to find their own identities. The twins have the opportunity to meet their birth mother, but they aren’t sure if they are emotionally ready, or if they want to share the experience with their adoptive moms. Callie also discovers that Mariana is harboring a secret that could land her in serious trouble.

Brandon is a talented musician with a kind soul. He lends Callie a hand in navigating the classrooms and social scene at the Fosters’ high school, Anchor Beach Community Charter School. He’s faced with a tough decision however when Callie decides to ditch school to reconnect with someone from her past.

What happens next determines if Stef and Lena made the right choice in taking a chance on Callie, and whether they have room in their home — and their hearts — for one more.

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like The Fosters TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

145 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Francis says

NO!!!!! Don’t cancel it, people have to understand that this is reality in this society. If you don’t like the show, then you have the option of changing your TV channel. There is people who rather see this kind of reality then the stupid reality show that just make them look stupid.

I look foward to every Monday to watch this show with my kids.

2. says

Everyone in my house loves this show…..It sends such a great message for today’s world.
    It’s a shame that so many people want to see violence, sex and loose morels.

3. Kayla says

Please do not cancel this show it is my favorite show ever and it just keeps getting better i really want them to continue it for ever and ever it’s so good

4. Eileen says

My husband and I look forward to watching every week. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL.
    Terrific show…love the characters. It’s a keeper!!!! ! !

5. brianna says

Don’t cancel the show I love it and I’m 11 and who got shot Jesus o the mother tell me can’t wait till next Monday ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

6. Amy says

I think this show is awesome. It’s staying current with the times and shows how lgbt families are just as normal as any other family and the story line is great.PLEASE PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW!!! :)

7. TreyS says

I don’t even know how I’m going to look forward to my Mondays without The Fosters being on. I really hope it gets renewed!!!

8. Gurl says

The show is VERY inappropriate and I believe that it should be cancelled. How can they call the network ABC family, if the show can’t be broadcasted to a family. While adopting children is good, having parents of the same sex is far too inappropriate for television.

9. noone says

DO NOT CANCEL the show. I love this show I have never ever in my whole 16 years looked forward to Mondays until the fosters came along. It shows how every family is different, loving, and special in there own ways! This show is so good. This might just be me but I was crying in the second episode. I mean common has any other show had you crying in the second episode?? I think I would HONESTLY cry if the show was canceled!!!!