The Fosters

The Fosters TV showNetwork: ABC Family
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: June 3, 2013 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Teri Polo, Sherri Saum, David Lambert, Cierra Ramirez, Jake T. Austin, and Maia Mitchell.

TV show description:
A drama, this TV series revolves around a multi-ethnic family — a mix of foster and biological kids who are being raised by two moms.

Stef Foster (Teri Polo) is a dedicated police officer and her partner, Lena Adams (Sherri Saum), is a school Vice Principal. Together, they’ve built a close-knit, loving family with Stef’s biological son from a previous marriage, Brandon (David Lambert), and their adopted twins, Mariana (Cierra Ramirez) and Jesus (Jake T. Austin).

Their lives are disrupted in unexpected ways when Lena meets Callie (Maia Mitchell). She’s a hardened teen with an abusive past who’s spent her life in and out of foster homes. Lena and Stef warily welcome Callie into their home thinking it will just be for a few weeks, until a more permanent placement can be found.

Callie is quick to observe that the Fosters are an atypical family, and her blunt commentary hits a nerve with Jesus and Mariana who are struggling to find their own identities. The twins have the opportunity to meet their birth mother, but they aren’t sure if they are emotionally ready, or if they want to share the experience with their adoptive moms. Callie also discovers that Mariana is harboring a secret that could land her in serious trouble.

Brandon is a talented musician with a kind soul. He lends Callie a hand in navigating the classrooms and social scene at the Fosters’ high school, Anchor Beach Community Charter School. He’s faced with a tough decision however when Callie decides to ditch school to reconnect with someone from her past.

What happens next determines if Stef and Lena made the right choice in taking a chance on Callie, and whether they have room in their home — and their hearts — for one more.

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like The Fosters TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

152 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Eileen Mealy says

Please don’t cancel The Fosters!!! I love the show and so so many of my friends! This is one of the best family shows that have been aired in a very long time. I am so thankful it is not another reality show! This is the kind of show that our children should be watching. It deals with real life and teaches kindness and love.

2. lover says

i love the show DO NOT cancell it it shows you that your family no matter where you come from and it dosent show sex scenes like in movies they might say the word or just kiss thats it but its and exellent show i love it

3. maggie ruiz says

I love this show it should not be cancelled its about real life I have two children who got adopted out so it called my attention when I saw the previews I’m usually at a meeting on Monday nights so me and my hunny watch it on demand

4. pujsonja says

do not cancel please. its a great show and you can learn a lot from it. and whats great about it is that its very descrete because there is no lesbian sex and stuff presented just pure love so even straight people can like it.

• Stephanie says

I agree with you… Don’t like the show. Don’t care to see same sex kissing I am sorry it should be cancelled. It isn’t appropriate for anyone to see. ABC wonders why their ratings keep going down. They cancel good shows and leave inappropriate ones.

5. Taylor says

Please don’t cancel the fosters it’s one of the best shows ever it has real life problems and it always keeps you on the edge of your seat it always makes you want more i would be so sad I would honestly cry if the fosters went of air make another season please

6. Anonymous says

I don’t want it to be cancelled that would be canceling another show I like first nine lives of Chloe king then lying game I love the show DO NOT CANCEL IT

7. Ryder76 says

I like the show. It does keep you on your toes about things. There are modern problems which have realistic answers.

8. anonymous says

do not cancel the show PLEASE! it brings awareness to so many problems and stereotypes in this world and people should stop judging this show and these different situations in real life. PEOPLE ITS 2013, EMBRACE DIFFERENCE STOP BEING STUCK UP. and the show is great, acting, characters, scenes, so great. watch it then i rewatch it.