The Game: It’s FINALLY Official! BET to Produce New Episodes!

The GameAfter having to endure nearly a year of rumors and false hopes, fans of The Game are finally getting the news they’ve been waiting for.

First airing on UPN, The Game began as a spin-off of the long-running comedy, Girlfriends. The series centers around a first year medical student (Tia Mowry) who chooses to follow her pro-football boyfriend (Pooch Hall) to San Diego. Others in the cast include Brittany Daniel, Coby Bell, Wendy Raquel Robinson, Hosea Chanchez, and Barry Floyd.

In September, news surfaced about the show being revived but nothing happened. In October, there were more rumors but still nothing happened. Then, in November, the cast reunited on The Mo’Nique Show. Promos showed the host asking the cast if The Game was coming back but that portion was edited out of the final broadcast without explanation.

Last month, a much stronger rumor about The Game’s return surfaced with the show’s stars insinuating that an actual announcement would be forthcoming.

Today, BET made it official. The Game will be coming back in the last few months of this year.

There’s no definitive word yet on how many episodes have been commissioned or if some or all of the castmembers will return. We’ll keep you posted as details become available.

What do you think? Did you think that this day would ever come? Would you still be happy if all of the actors weren’t able to return?

Canceled and renewed TV show

357 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jones says

I love the game and hope all the same ppl come back. I love the show and don’t even know why it stop showing. Please come back for good.

2. NNENNA says

01/11/11….So excited. I never been so drawn into a show like this. This is awsome. You never get bored watching this show there is always something going on. I hope they will continue to have the same characters because I couldnt imagine watching it without the originals. There chemisty on camera is on point. I love Tasha character she says all the things that we wish we could say. Keep The Game Alive….

3. Anonymous says

I can’t wait unitl the game come back on! I so luv this show! I hope the cast come back! I just so luv Mel & Derwin!

4. kimmy07 says

I can’t wait until 1/11/2011 I am so in love with this show cnt wait to see what happens everybody in the show are so real hope Mel and derwin work out that’s true love so excited

5. CHYNNADOLL says

I hope the entire cast returns. I was not aware of “The Game” and now that I am aware, I can not wait. I have alread marked my calendar. Please return all cast members.

6. TARA MALLOY says

we the fans are so excited that The Game is back on that we will take anyway it comes as long as they don’t change format of the show.

7. sizzlingso says

i was watching the BET Hip Hop Music awards last night and just saw the commerical with The Game’s theme song and all it said was “THE GAME IS ON” coming 1-11-11!.. i just HAD to figure out if they really meant the TV Show or just some football realty show or something! hahaha lol i’m sooooo excited! I got into this show when they started airing the re-runs on BET and wow I can’t wait to see if kelly and jason get back together! :) i hope EVERYONE comes back! they were great! but i really hope they don’t replace the same character with a different actor/actress cause that would just suck ;( unless they did it up better!

• Anonymous says

Hello The Game Fans, I really hope Jason and Kelly reunite they are the best couple ever . Since their split Jason has learned not to be so tight with his money and Kelly has learned to stand on her own , but they made a great family so please put this couple back together! Derwin and Melanie yeah so happy they got married hopefully he will be able to play football again and him and Melanie can have their own child!