The Game: Season Eight for BET TV Show

The Game season eightBET has reportedly renewed The Game for an eighth season. It’s unknown how many episodes have been ordered this time around but the seventh season — which is currently airing on Tuesday nights — has 10 installments.

Deadline broke the news as part of a story which reported that Brittany Daniel has been upped to series regular following her recurring role in seasons four and seven. Daniel had been a series regular on The Game in the role of Kelly Pitts, the wife of Sabers’ captain Jason Pitts (Coby Bell), during its original run on The CW.

Last month, Daniel revealed that she had stage IV non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma but is currently cancer-free.

What do you think? Are you still watching The Game on BET? Are you glad to hear that Daniel will be a regular in season eight?

debbie crespo July 5, 2014 at 12:10 am

My daughter and my self absolutely love this show. I hope it has another 18 years I could watch it all day every day. All you haters are just mad cuz it ain’t you on the television.

Anonymous May 27, 2014 at 2:38 pm

I love that Jason wants Kelly back now!! Good for them!

dominique May 10, 2014 at 10:54 pm

I think Kelly needs to go and they need to put Jason and chardonnay back together ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sabrina taylor May 8, 2014 at 6:10 am

The Game does not air in the UK, however I watch on line. I have fallen HARD for this sitcom. Love all the characters from beginning, even the new ones!! Right now I’m hoping and praying that season 8 hits our screens real soon! Promise me BET you will not axe the show instead give it the great ending it deserves, please don’t flop me like GIRLFRIEND’S did by abruptly ending and leaving their FAN’S hanging/gagging for more.

Kay May 2, 2014 at 9:31 pm

I loved the old version and didn’t like it when it first moved to bet but someone said give it a second chance and I’m glad I did. The new characters have grown on me and they make the old ones a little stale. It’s a good show. You really should watch it.

Snoopy April 9, 2014 at 12:27 am

I would like to encourage everyone to start watching, The Game again, the show actually is better now. You have to really, give it a chance. The show is hilarious. I know you miss Melanie and Darwin, but I promise you. You will not be disappointed. The way they have allowed. The cast to have free gain and show their talents is remarkable. Please watch, please give it a chance..and that’s all.

Rose April 3, 2014 at 9:15 am

We never watch anything on BET so we don’t care.

marcia April 2, 2014 at 10:24 pm

i was a loyal viewer of ‘the game’ when it was on cw.. then i was so thrilled when it was renewed on bet, but after melanie and derwin left, and no kelly, and jason was a special guest star, i just couldn’t watch it anymore. i was severely loyal to the original cast and w/ all the cast and general changes in the show, it just ruined it for me. i only started watching again for the return of kelly, hearing that she’ll be a series regular is a nice surprise. maybe i’ll be able to watch the show again regularly… but i still can’t stand the ‘new’ ppl (yes, including brandy) so i may just ff thru the new ppl’s scenes lol.

Tha Critic April 2, 2014 at 11:42 pm

I was never a huge fan of The Game, but I can at least say that I liked it before BET got their hands on it. They completely ruined everything good about it. I would love for them to cancel it but they’re exploiting the fanfare of the series by keeping it on in this cheap soap opera state.

Why Watch April 2, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Another show that has been on TV this long that I’ve never heard about until now.