The Game: Season Eight for BET TV Show

The Game season eightBET has reportedly renewed The Game for an eighth season. It’s unknown how many episodes have been ordered this time around but the seventh season — which is currently airing on Tuesday nights — has 10 installments.

Deadline broke the news as part of a story which reported that Brittany Daniel has been upped to series regular following her recurring role in seasons four and seven. Daniel had been a series regular on The Game in the role of Kelly Pitts, the wife of Sabers’ captain Jason Pitts (Coby Bell), during its original run on The CW.

Last month, Daniel revealed that she had stage IV non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma but is currently cancer-free.

What do you think? Are you still watching The Game on BET? Are you glad to hear that Daniel will be a regular in season eight?

phina October 17, 2014 at 5:44 pm

I really love this show and happy that kelly is back and seriously want her to be wit jason. pleas bring derwin and melanie back and shd hav thier own baby. i really love dem cos dey ar such a lovely couple. and whers derwin babys mama, pleas dont remove any of the cast till season finally. cant wait fr season 8 and 9

Carol October 4, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Bring kelly back but leave Jason with Chardonnay , also bring back Derwin and Melanie.

Jo K September 25, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I just love the SHOW…..please please bring it back, I love the show, you are doing a great job…please DON’T CANCEL the show, remember you are doing a GREAT job!! Thank you

ronda smith September 23, 2014 at 6:57 am

I am glad Kelly is a full time regular

Indigo30 September 1, 2014 at 1:47 pm

The Game is so over the top now it doesn’t make sense and this was such a favorite…bring back the simplicity of Melanie and Derwin (bring them back!!!). Please let Tasha grow up and heal. Please let Malik finally become grounded…he’s chasing nightmares of former glory. Can he overcome abandonment and respectfully commit? Please let Jason be a man and stop reducing him to a weak penny-pinching love-neglected shallow shadow of football star…he’s better than that. Don’t kill the patriarch! Not sure of the Brandy fit…she’s giving it her all but the storyline is janky… And Blierra!…put that out of its misery. Blue would have been better for Kelly just before she hit rock bottom with Roman and her reality TV meltdown. Why not add characters like Salli Richardson, Nia Long, Sophie Okonedo, Regina King…to build solid relationships and stronger images. Bring back the Trey Wiggs story. …anything to resuscitate the show formerly known as The Game.

arona August 29, 2014 at 11:35 pm

I personally love the show , I would love to see Derwin and Melanie come back so loved them together, I also love Brandy she is doing an excellent job with her character. I wish they would cut the laugh box because this is not a comedy nor should it be deemed as one…I am waiting for the new season , the lead star had her baby and I cannot wait to see what transpires with this. and Jason saying he wanted to be with Kelly I hope it turns out to be a dream ….