The Game: Season Finale Preview; Will It Be Back?

The GameThe new incarnation of The Game made headlines when it debuted on BET in January. The hour premiere attracted a 3.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 7.68 million viewers. The numbers have fallen quite a bit since then — averaging a 2.2 demo rating and 4.54 million — but The CW would still love to have numbers like that.

The cable channel hasn’t renewed The Game but it’s hard to imagine that they won’t. Here’s a press release about the season finale, which airs tomorrow night:

Shocking Truths are Revealed During the Jaw-Dropping Season Four Finale of “THE GAME”
Season Finale Airs Tuesday, March 29 at 10:00 P.M.* on BET

NEW YORK, March 28, 2011 — Breaking cable records with its series premiere, the season four finale of THE GAME will air on Tuesday, March 29 at 10 p.m.* on BET Networks. With 13 episodes, millions of viewers tuned in weekly to watch the returning season of THE GAME as the “San Diego Sabers” star athletes and the women who support them transitioned into new lives.

During the finale, viewers will be left on the edge of their seats as the repercussions of Malik’s actions continue to haunt him: his girlfriend, Jenna, refuses to take him back and the Sabers court a new quarterback to replace him. Meanwhile, Melanie and Derwin visit a fertility specialist to work towards expanding their family after unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant and Tasha Mack is devastated after an encounter with her dying ex-boyfriend.

A ratings success, THE GAME season four is the #1 ad-supported sitcom telecast in cable television history with 7.7 million total viewers on its cable television premiere, according to The Nielsen Company. Fans of THE GAME tuned into BET to watch the hour-long cable debut on Tuesday, January 11, making the premiere the #2 telecast in BET history among viewers (behind BET AWARDS ’09).

Due to the tremendous response from fans and BET Networks’ successful syndicated acquisition in February 2009, THE GAME made its return to television on BET for the fourth season, picking up where things left off with the show’s main cast — Coby Bell, Hosea Chanchez, Brittany Daniel, Pooch Hall, Tia Mowry and Wendy Raquel Robinson.

THE GAME is executive produced by Mara Brock Akil, Salim Akil, Kenny Smith and Kelsey Grammer. The series is directed by Salim Akil.

*All times are ET/PT.

About BET Networks
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation’s leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; CENTRIC, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the 25- to 54-year-old African-American audience; BET Digital Networks – BET Gospel and BET Hip Hop, attractive alternatives for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Home Entertainment, a collection of BET-branded offerings for the home environment including DVDs and video-on-demand; BET Event Productions, a full-scale event management and production company with festivals and live events spanning the globe; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET in the United Kingdom and oversees the extension of BET network programming for global distribution.

SOURCE BET Networks

What do you think? Will The Game</em> be back? Has season four been as good as you were hoping?

nessa April 5, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I love this show and the characters! They need to keep the show going and have more seasons. It would be a shame and disappointment to all us fans that have followed them since 2007 and have waited for them to come back for just one season (2 months). Hope the director can manage to keep “The Game” going along with producing movies. I say the director and characters need to REVIEW all their fan’s thoughts to increase viewers ratings! Like stop jumping from drama to drama in every characters role all at the same time. There was more drama than laughs this season, which is what made “The Game” funny with some drama in dispence, NOT SERIOUS DRAMA!!! LOVE TO SEE THIS SHOW HAVE MORE SEASONS, I LOOK FORWARD TO TUESDAY NIGHTS!

AlexisD April 4, 2011 at 11:40 am

I love THE GAME and all of the characters. I would suggest that you bring back some comedy to the show. Its a little too dramatic for me. I am still a huge fan of the show and look forward to see more in the future!!!!

Max April 3, 2011 at 11:53 am

The Game was all over the place this season.The story line with Kelly,Jason,and Brittany was totally rediculous; as was the Tasha fling with the younger man. Malanie’s character was oh so pathatic. PLz plz step up the Game writers u can do it!!!!!!!!

reese April 2, 2011 at 10:13 pm

i love the tv show the game.i hope there another eposide.they bogus if they take it off the air it was gettin so good dang ;(

Slewis April 1, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Love The Game & the characters. I want to see more of Malik & his girlfriend & how his destructive behavior plays out. Loved, loved, loved the scene with Jason & his daughter. I need to see more of them. Didn’t really like Kelly’s reality show storyline. She seems lost & confused w/o Jason. She was all over the place. Love Tasha, she’s so real & down to earth. I also want to see more of Melanie, Derwin & Janay & the problems that go with having a husband you love & his baby’s mother (baby mama drama).

Neecie April 1, 2011 at 7:48 am

I love the The Game…. so does my 23 year old son…. This season was great!!! One of the better ones, I thought. However, the season finale was a bit overrated. But I must admit my jaw did drop. Can’t wait for the next season…hopefully there will be one!!

Truthhurts March 31, 2011 at 4:36 pm

This season (including the finale) was the worst!!! I was thoroughly disappointed, as I was a die-hard fan. The budget cuts were obvious, and the writing was horrible. The story lines were all over the place: Kelly’s struggle with being apart from Jason & the Sabers; tasha’s relationship with Dante; Melanie’s insecurities about her marriage (I.e. Feeling as though she needed a threesome to keep her husband happy); Derwin’s relationship with Janay & DJ….I can go on. There was no continuity of story lines or characters. #fail

Anonymous March 31, 2011 at 3:34 pm

there needs to be another season

Fran March 31, 2011 at 12:13 pm

I would love to see The Game return. I had hoped that the season would have been on the air a little longer and I hate to see the show end. I looked forward to Tuesday nights at 10pm to watch The Game. Please come back. Thank you.

Happy Being JC March 31, 2011 at 1:07 am

I also think it’s important for everyone to recognize the impact a switch in networks might have had on the show. Different regulations/rules, guidelines, restrictions etc. There’s definitely room for improvement but all & all The Game is awesome… I’m a die-hard fan <3

Happy Being JC March 31, 2011 at 1:01 am

I truly enjoyed season 4 of The Game and would love to see the sitcom continue. I honestly love each and every character and can’t wait to see what the future holds for each individual. My oh my, I really wonder if Melanie had an abortion by Derwin- and if so, how it’s going to impact their marriage :-( I also hope Jenna and Malik work things out- they’re a really good match- I think she’s really good for him :-) ANXIOUS ANXIOUS ANXIOUS..!!!!!!

Brown Eyez March 30, 2011 at 9:19 pm

I love this show. I feel Tasha Mack deserve to have a man. She done a hell of a job raising her son by herself. Now let her b able to do her. Malik is better as a his old character. Sexy an wanted Bad Boy. I need to know what Derwin an Mel baby gonna be an how janay gonna feel.They should have twins, boy and a girl! Kelley need to come back an Britt. Jason is gonna need help.

Anonymous March 30, 2011 at 7:09 pm

love Melanie and Dewrin would love to see them have a baby, and Malik needs to be kept as the bad bo9y on the show and where is kelly, love tough but getto Tasha Mack, she needs a man who is a drma king

mollie March 30, 2011 at 7:09 pm

I love watching the game and I pray to God there be another season. The show is very interesting and the director going to leave the fans on hold because I know all the fans are dieing to know what going to happen with Melaine and Derwin and will Malika get his self together or will Tasha find true love. My opinion is that Tasha and Rick Fox should be together they are the perfect couple.

thirdchild March 30, 2011 at 11:57 am

I enjoyed season 4 of The Game and hope that it continues. I like the more serious storylines rather than the standard “laugh track” one liners. I was disturbed when I read that Brittany Daniel was now on recurring status due to budget issues. She is my personal favorite on the show and I was wondering why she disappeared. If things were reversed, there would be racism accusations thrown around. If BET does not have the money to pay her then I guess a longer season is out of the question.

Thanks