The Game: Season Six Ratings

The Game season sixAfter being cancelled in 2008 by The CW, The Game was revived by BET with the original cast. It was a huge success for the cable channel initially but the ratings dwindled last season. How low will they go this season, especially now that Tia Mowry Hardrict and Pooch Hall have left the show? Stay tuned to find out.

The Game typically airs on Tuesday nights. The show’s cast now includes Hosea Chanchez, Brandy Norwood, Lauren London, Jay Ellis, Wendy Raquel Robinson, and Coby Bell.

Final season averages: 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.35 million total viewers. As previously reported, BET has renewed The Game for a seventh season.

Compared to the premiere of season five, The Game was down by 57% in the demo (vs a 2.8 rating) and was down by 52% in viewership (vs 5.29 million).

Reference point: The fifth season of The Game averaged a 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.65 million total viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you still like The Game TV series? Are you hoping that it’s renewed for a seventh season?

BuTTa February 5, 2014 at 6:50 pm

The game totally sucks! These New actors Blue and Kierra are terrible actors..There is no way they can top Derwin and Melanie. Get rid of them. Plz bring Melanie and Derwin back..They made the show. Tasha Mack’s character is pathetic..It seems like she has bad luck with black men. Spice it up and let Tasha have an encounter with a white lover and see how it goes…I am so glad that you are bringing Kelly back…Get rid of Kierra and Blue, they’re not a loss.

Andy Tull August 29, 2014 at 6:51 pm

New actors stopped me from watching anymore episodes, they cannot act!

Hate New Cast December 29, 2013 at 12:46 am

I think the new cast members are terrible actors and actresses! Blu or Blue is boooorrrring! So called girlfriend or not is super boooorrrrrriiing and Brandy’s character is a copycat Tasha. This show should have left well enough alone. It was not broken so nothing needed fixing. I will not watch another season because it gets extra boooorrrriiing and stupid as it goes on.

Andy Tull August 29, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I agree with you 100%

keetshaun41 September 1, 2013 at 11:49 am

I like many others was skeptical at first of the change, but I have continued to watch and I LOVE IT!!! If every character on a show has all of their demands met, then we would always have main characters making demands on shows and would probably notget too many episodes. I welcome change!!! Yes, Derwin and Melanie were the main characters of the show, but prior to the Game, where else have you recognized Derwin and Melanie? She was on Sister Sister and he had several “lackluster” movie roles, but Wendy Robinson is well known from The Steve Harvey Show and The Cedric the Entertainer Show, so to me she should be addressed as the star of this show. Personally, if a good show loses focus on all characters involved and only centers on certain ‘main” characters, then the show is doomed from the start. I think all actors and actresses are doing a great job and the writing, well how many of you complaining have actually taken a look at each episode instead of just watching it? If you have taken a look, you would see that the episodes are very similiar to episodes where Derwin/Mel appeared. Earlier episodes dealed with Pooch and Tia’s infidelity, which resulted in seperation, while newer episodes also addressed infidelity between Blue/Kierra, but instead of seperation, they addressed it, communicated and worked it out, maybe not the solution many of us would choose, but nonetheless, it worked for them. All of these actors and actresses deserve to work, the simple solution for anyone who doesn’t like the show’s new direction, DON’T WATCH!!!! I enjoyed Pooch/Tia and am supporting them in their new roles on Ray Donovan and Tia/Tamera respectively, how many of you so called die hard followers are actually supporting them in their new roles? Again, if you don’t like the show, don’t watch!!!

Davon August 29, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Do not bring this show back for season 7. It’s garbage should’ve kept the MAIN characters Melanie & Derwin their the ones who made the show!!! The game should be called Game Over please!

Darrin Carmichael June 4, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Hello. :-). before I say anything. I just want to say as a person who arranged my schedule around watching The Game, I’m very disappointed about the way show has progressed. I stopped watching after the third episode of the 2013 season. It seems like the writers don’t know what too do with the actors, it seems like every horrible thing that could happen to the characters that had happen to them. My suggestion to save the show is the fire the writers you have now and gets new writers the bring freshness to the show and characters that or the show is going to fail . I hope BET/ Producers are reading this . Don’t destroy the show that we fault so hard to keep. I have suggestions for the characters if you are open to a viewer point of view . dcarmichael8526@gmail .com.

lekesha March 5, 2014 at 9:42 am

I agree with this comment at one point this was my favorite show. The story line reflected real life we related to the characters , we cried and laughed with them. After Derwin and mel left and to be honest when the show was brought to BET it changed .. They changed The Character’s (too much) that we had grown to love.. I heard the orginal writer had left so they need to get new writers and if probably get Mel and Derwin back. I still watch but I record and watch when I can, before I would stay up late to watch. I guess I’m praying things will get better……..

Cree May 23, 2013 at 5:46 am

The Tasha Mack character has back-peddled into the gutter. It sickens me to watch what they’ve done to her. It’s like after 6 years none of the characters have grown. If anything, they’ve gotten worse. Jason’s character showed promise last season, but I’m sure he’ll be back in the gutter soon enough. This show has back slid into evry typical negative stereotype for Blacks and I’m sad about that. If the creators and writers can’t get it together, just end the show.

mike May 11, 2013 at 8:00 pm

BET should have done everything in their power to keep principle characters( Melanie and Derwin) because show is empty with them.

Rene'e Gardner May 7, 2013 at 9:52 pm

I love the show…. loved Melonie and Derwin, but Loren and Blue add a great new feel to the show. Keep it going and please renew the show!!!

Ge-Ge24 April 28, 2013 at 8:59 am

I really did used to watch this show faithfully once BET took over the show it pretty much went down hill. I thank them for trying g to save it but they ruined it in the process. I hope they’re all looking for work because if it came back for a new season there would be no viewers at all.

Cubic Z April 24, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Really loved this show when it was new. Really hated when the CW cancelled it. Now, I hate to say, I might need to put it down. I loved the relationship between the main characters, Jason, Malik, Derwin, Melanie, Kelly and the whole gang. The show was about them. Now, that boring little storyline with the out of work actress and the Derwin wanabe, not to mention big teeth Brandi? What??? That new guy is too whiney to be a groan man anyway. Not feeling the new people nor the new changes. Don’t think the show can be saved. Hope to see these actors be successful elswhere, this show is done.

Angela April 22, 2013 at 6:32 am

who is the writer its just boring as hell,NO class at all now oh but TT is still sweet guy. Get rid of the writer please he is very very boring and making them look really bad now.

Chris April 19, 2013 at 11:34 pm

This show is CRAP. And not just because Melanie and Derwin were put off the show.
GAME OVER!

Renee April 18, 2013 at 11:41 am

Not really feeling The Game anymore. Do not like Tasha Mack’s character. They’re turning her into a hood rat rather than the business woman she started out as. She should be aspiring to own the team instead of sleeping around!!! And she’s somebody’s mother??? Smh!!

Jonathan April 16, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I’m more invested in the show than ever, I think it’s in a transition period right now, but it still shows a lot of promise. With solid new characters, this show has found some reinvigoration! Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the season has to offer the television landscape.

Calvin375 May 11, 2013 at 1:27 pm

OK, I can tell you don’t know very much about good acting or writing when you see it. This new show series is the equivalent to trash like “Love and Hip Hop”. Real actors, acting BADLY!!! I’ve better writing on the “Brady Bunch Show”. It’s a WRAP!!! GAME OVER!!!

lekesha March 5, 2014 at 10:03 am

I agree The acting and story line between Blue and londan is terrible…. Why would they have Tasha having a baby? They are changing the Character who we love too much. She was this Sassy lady with a little hood and very smart business women who is about her business… I don’t see that now she doesn’t know who her baby daddy is just a mess. Please save this show we fought so hard to bring it back.

Kendall May 31, 2013 at 2:32 am

I totally agree!! I was skeptical at first, but now I’m loving it more than ever. I can see big things happening with the show. Way to go “writers!”

LeesLees April 12, 2013 at 12:47 pm

I don’t care to much for it anymore, the last 4 episodes that aired in 2013 haven’t made any since, it’s just like it’s skipping through with all these new people and not fitting into the story line, last week’s episode made it clear for me to take it off my DVR, I’m DONE watching it becasue it’s too boring!!!

Calvin375 May 11, 2013 at 1:29 pm