The Game

The GameNetwork: The CW, BET
Episodes: 145 (half-hour)
Seasons: Nine

TV show dates: October 1, 2006 — TBD
Series status: Ending

Performers include: Tia Mowry Hardrict, Brittany Daniel, Coby Bell, Pooch Hall, Hosea Chanchez and Wendy Raquel Robinson.

the game past TV show

TV show description:
Melanie Barnett (Tia Mowry) is a young an intelligent first-year medical student who is the girlfriend of professional football rookie named Derwin Davis (Pooch Hall). Melanie passes up the opportunity to attend Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore to be with Derwin after he is chosen to play for the San Diego Sabers.

As Melanie tries to adjust to her new football life, she gets guidance from Tasha Mack (Wendy Raquel Robinson), the mother and manager of Sabers’ starting quarterback — hot-headed Malik El Debarge Wright (Hosea Chanchez). Level-headed Kelly Pitts (Brittany Daniel) is the wife of the Sabers’ captain, cheap Jason Pitts (Coby Bell), and welcomes Melanie with open arms and helpful advice.

The series is a spin-off of Girlfriends.

Series Finale:
Episode #145
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like The Game TV show? Do you think it should end or be picked up for a 10th season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

146 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. YOU CAN NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW. I LOVE THE GAME. PLEASE BRING IT BACK. I’VE BEEN WATCHING THE CW EVERY NIGHT NOW JUST TO FIND OUT WHEN THE SEASON WOULD PREMIERE.NOW I HEAR THIS. YOU WILL DEFINITLEY LOSE CW VIEWERS BEACUSE OF THIS.

2. Angie Hutchins says

This show is a sweet balance of comedy, romance and drama that is all wrapped up with beautiful eye candy. Why end a show with so many wonderful qualities? I just started watching this show on Bet and for some reason they seem to only have about 10 episodes that they are running over and over again. Stop it already, it only makes me crave for more. Look I don’t care if the game is going to continue on BET or the CW just as long as it continues.

3. Tammie says

in the words of Tasha Mack”Now what now” you guys can’t possibly take this show off !!!!!!!!!this show is absolutley great it hot ,funny and its in tune with whats going on today !come on now ,you guys are definitley going to loose cw veiwers.

4. NATASHA says

I LOVE THIS SHOW,ITS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV, IV ALREADY BOUGHT SEASON 1 AND I CANT WAIT UNTIL SEASON 2 COMES OUT. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THE SHOW. I WANT TO SEE A SEASON 4 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. samantha says

the game is my **** i love it so much i watch old seasons i need too know when another season coming out and “Derwin” this coming up season you better not cheat on my friend ‘Mel” i like her you need to stay with her and that girl “Janay” need to find her real baby’s daddy because it’s not you but i love you the game cast members especialy “Malik” and “Derwin”

6. esh says

I NEVER WATCHED A SHOW THAT SEEMS TO GIVE YOU A SORT OF INSIDE VIEW OF THE FOOTBALL LIFE (ENTERTAINING TO GUYS) BUT ALSO CREATED THESE WELL DEVELOPED CHARACTERS WITH VERY RELATABLE AND REALISTIC LIVES…WE ALREADY HAVE VERY FEW GREAT SHOWS ON T.V. AND THIS GETS RIPPED OFF THE AIR….WHAT A TRAGEDY!!!!!!

7. Dea Scott says

I love this show! It is expertly written with well developed characters. There’s nothing like it on tv. Please keep The Game on.

8. Monica says

The CW is crazy to cancel “The Game” – obviously, they do not realize the following that this show has? Or do they just not care because most of the viewers are African American? The CW has a nasty habit of canceling highly popular African American shows to include Half & Half and Girlfriends…. Also noteworthy is that The Game is being canceled after only three seasons – it doesn’t reach the all important “fourth season” that all sitcoms strive for. Hopefully, BET will pick it up and the show can continue and we can all continue to get our weekly fix. Unfortunately, if a show is not geared toward caucasian teenagers/college kids (i.e. 90210, Gossip Girl, etc. etc. etc.) the CW won’t keep the show on its roster for any length of time. Nothing against any of those shows as they too are quite entertaining, I’m sure… but the (any) Network should realize by now that the audiences they cater to are somewhat diverse…..hence the need for a wider variety in programming. I wonder what “type” of show they’ll put on in place of The Game… I bet it won’t be too hard to guess…

9. Tori says

BRING IT BACK!!! hand over rights to BET ALREADY!!!!!!! This show was the only reason I even watched CW (they are a little prejudice, I hate to say it but let’s be real). I can’t take just reruns I need new episodes…NOW! LOL.

10. Crystal says

OMG I really love watching thise show I hope CW doesn’t cancel it or at least please let BET pick it up this is the onlt black sitcom on tv right now. I really can relate to this tv show I hope someone anyone please pick it up.