The Game

The GameNetwork: The CW, BET
Episodes: TBD (half-hour)
Seasons: Nine

TV show dates: October 1, 2006 — TBD
Series status: Ending

Performers include: Tia Mowry Hardrict, Brittany Daniel, Coby Bell, Pooch Hall, Hosea Chanchez and Wendy Raquel Robinson.

the game past TV show

TV show description:
Melanie Barnett (Tia Mowry) is a young an intelligent first-year medical student who is the girlfriend of professional football rookie named Derwin Davis (Pooch Hall). Melanie passes up the opportunity to attend Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore to be with Derwin after he is chosen to play for the San Diego Sabers.

As Melanie tries to adjust to her new football life, she gets guidance from Tasha Mack (Wendy Raquel Robinson), the mother and manager of Sabers’ starting quarterback — hot-headed Malik El Debarge Wright (Hosea Chanchez). Level-headed Kelly Pitts (Brittany Daniel) is the wife of the Sabers’ captain, cheap Jason Pitts (Coby Bell), and welcomes Melanie with open arms and helpful advice.

The series is a spin-off of Girlfriends.

tressa December 27, 2009 at 12:54 pm

I love the tv show.

Laconue Conwright December 10, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Please! Please! Please! “Allow The Game to come back!” Come on BET support our African American shows there are some faithful viewers out there, the show was just getting good. I view all the re-runs but it’s not the same once you keep looking at it over and over but I do because I love The Game that much. Come on people lets support our young people out there and keep this show going.

sam November 29, 2009 at 11:11 am

i’ve just discovered The Game and it’s so underrated!! i hope BET picks it up, i’m a definite fan, i LOVE the storyline, the wit, it’s ingenious! this series wasn’t given the promotion it deserved, it’s a HIT!

pernell baker November 28, 2009 at 6:40 pm

hello the show is so real and we need more black shows like this because no one wants to continue looking at cw or the other show that doesnt pertained to all people in a way of real life situation so keep the show on or bring the show back. please

dennette November 23, 2009 at 10:48 pm

the game is a great show. i defantly would petition to keep that show going. beleive it or not that show is an impact on i’m quite sure alot of peoples including myself lifes. it’s funny, sad, upsetting, and happy all at once. in other words it takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride. it’s real. it’s true reality between men and woman. and you step outside yourself and face truth. what it really is rather than what we think it is. very refreshing. you don’t see a show when you watch game, you see life and you live it. you react the same way. you cry the same way. and you shout, yell, and scream the same way. now that’s worth financing. how could any station not want to give the people this show. i would watch a movie of this show. and follow every movie episode. any commercial should want to be in a slot with them because everybody would be watching it. a station would get paid!!!!!

shawnieb November 14, 2009 at 6:39 pm

I think BET should pick up the show. This is one of my favorite shows. I watch the re-runs everytime they come on. The last show had me on my toes. I was like I wonder what’s going to happen next!! Then BOOM!!! the show was cancelled. PLEASE BET PICK UP THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!

Ashley H. November 9, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Keep The Game!!! It is awesome! And I love the cast! They are amazing for the show. If you get new cast members the show wouldn’t be the same!!

Lonnie November 6, 2009 at 9:55 am

I think you should keep the show. If you have to have an hour long show you should spin it off into two 3o min show. One should be about the sabers and Jason moving into a sport caster role. Then have another 30 min show about Derwin and Mel being traded to another team and the show focus on Mel working in a hospital. It will alow the creators to introduce a host of new cast that work at the hospital.

dolly November 5, 2009 at 10:52 am

PLEASE you have to keep the show going il even pitch in ideas for new episodes if i have too………………. please im writing all the way from nigeria, do you know how hard it is to get shows that are funny, heart felt and tottaly entertaining at the same time………….. dont take this away from us game fans we’l do anything……… believe it or not the show actually has a huge fanbase here in nigeria………… save us the tears we gotta see mel n derwin make their own baby………. yeh dats wright jenne we prefere melmel

Natalie October 25, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Please keep the Game! My family and I love the show we think its great. We always watch keep up with the show and have our own oppinion of things….I personaly am a BIG FAN!.. i just want the show to go on for ever! CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

renee October 25, 2009 at 4:07 pm

I love the game please dont cancle it i watch it everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bring the show back please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crystal riley October 25, 2009 at 3:45 pm

I think you should keep THE GAME because they are funnly .The boys are just sooo HOT …Please keep the show for ever i am a big fan and i love to be on the show if you do not have people to be on the show…Please stay…xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

maggie davie October 17, 2009 at 7:48 pm

please!!! bring this show back j o love this show i can not believe how it ended i love this show omg!!! u guys can’t do this to the fans

necie October 16, 2009 at 11:30 am

i am so in love with this show i need the game to stay as well as who just ends a show like that with unanswered questions. see thats even more of a reason that you should do season four. please keep it!!!!!!! bring it back!

sarah October 12, 2009 at 3:06 pm

i really want the game back thats what made bet better