The Gates: ABC TV Show Cancelled; Stars and Writers React and Thank Fans

The GatesAs expected, ABC has cancelled The Gates after one season on the air. The ratings certainly didn’t dictate a second season and a couple weeks ago, series star Frank Grillo said that he’d heard unofficially that the show wouldn’t be back.

Though even actress Lindsay Lohan wanted to see it return, it’s now been confirmed that The Gates has indeed been cancelled. Some of the people connected with the show have tweeted about the series’ passing.

From the show’s Twitter feed comes, “We would like to thank our followers for sticking with us through this great journey.”

Gates creator Richard Hatem wrote simply, “Thanks to everyone who loved it. DVD set to be released…someday?”

Consulting producer and writer Robert Hewitt Wolfe tweeted, “Thank you to #TheGates fans, crew & cast for a great run. It was a blast. Seriously some of the best fans ever.” He later posted, “4 sale, lux devlpmnt/incrprtd town w/ upscale owners, prvt police/fire, exclnt school, occasional mysterious death”

Colton L Haynes wrote, “Was a great/fun experience and thk u all for coming along for the ride!. He followed that up with, “THE GATES cast and crew: thk u all for the good times! Learned alot and had a great summer with u all! Cheers to the future!” and posted this photo with #ripBrettCreski. Wolfe responded, “Sob… Too young!”

The GatesJames Preston looks forward to the future, tweeting, “No worries gates fans follow us on to our new exciting roles!” Travis Caldwell echoed that sentiment, saying, “its all good more to come from all of us !!!”

Justin Miles wrote, “We gave em a hell of a run, though…” Janina Gavankar feels similarly, saying, “Sad. But we’re incredibly proud of what we made.”

Young McKaley Miller tweeted, “thank you guys for all the support!! seriously, y’all are awesome!! #TheGates is officially over, but it was such a great experience!! TY :)”

Andrea Powell wrote, “Thanks for all the love, fans of #TheGates. We’ll miss you! :-*”

Rachel Dipillo wrote, “We had a fun ride on The Gates. Love everyone I worked with and can’t wait to see what you do next! #RIPLEXIEWADE”

Grillo tweeted, “Thanks to all of you for supporting us. It made the whole thing worth it. Lots more fun stuff coming.” Grillo also said that he’d share what would have happened in the second season. After son Charlie is saved, Nick and his family would have stayed in the Gates community. The Radcliffs decide to take a break from one another. Leigh becomes the head of the police and Nick takes over the Gates board and oversees the community.

What do you think? Are you sorry that The Gates won’t be back for season two? What would you have liked to see happen?

jessica March 23, 2013 at 10:55 pm

I finished watching the season in 2 days. It got me hooked! The only thing I hate is that why would you end a season like that to tell all of the fans that there is not going to be a second season? Can you say aholes much?

nelly March 21, 2013 at 3:46 am

please the show should go on it is so nice i loved it a lot. it,s me nelly from Tanzania.

Ron March 21, 2013 at 1:03 am

Like many people have already commented I didn’t know the show existed till I found it on Netflix and really liked it. Couldn’t wait for season 2 and when never came back went searching the web to find out it was canceled. Geez give a show a chance to be discovered ya bean counters! They almost canceled the Dick Van Dyke show back in the 60’s and were talked out if it and look it went on the air for many years!

chenae March 20, 2013 at 6:39 pm

I watch the vampire diaries!! And I must say THE GATES has got me logged, please please please continue the series, it is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!! Whole ne aspect to us fans out there !!!!!!! Continue with a 2nd season

Brooke March 20, 2013 at 6:18 pm

So aggravating! I just found this show on Netflix and it was amazing! I went online for season 2 and saw it was canceled! Please bring it back!

lisa March 19, 2013 at 11:06 am

IM SO MAD THE SHOW IS CANCELLED I JUST WATCHED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME ON NETFLIX THEN WENT ONLINE TO FIND THE SECOND SEASON AND THERE IS NONE IT WAS A GREAT SHOW SAD THERES NOMORE SEASONS

Joel March 19, 2013 at 5:04 am

Typical. Another good show ending on a cliff-hanger because someone is too short-sighted. How about dumping all the reality tv garbage and allowing decent shows like this one to live on? I have a feeling there will be a huge shift in media delivery in the next 5 to 10 years. Otherwise, networks will start going under once the reality tv fad dies and the sponsorship dries up.

Crystina March 18, 2013 at 12:43 am

Well i must say I really enjoyed Season 1 and I’m super disapointed there won’t be a season 2. Accourding to NetFlix it has really good ratings so why not make another season.

Thank You for creating an awesome show!

Dammy March 13, 2013 at 9:28 am

The show was incredible awesome, i keep tnkn will any other shows make me mad lyk dis? i just cant answer maself.keep it up.but ill b d best if dat season two isnt cancelled.

shirley March 11, 2013 at 11:48 am

i`m sooo sad that the show is cancelled…. i love to see what will happen to Charlie and others ….. i wish the show will continue someday :(

BJ March 10, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I say continue. Nothing makes me madder than for a show to start a season then end without notice. I loved that show!!!

Sandy March 10, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Seems like they’re always canceling the good shows. But keep others on the air!

Mkk March 10, 2013 at 4:03 pm

NOOOOOOOO -Mkk -Denmark

charrise March 8, 2013 at 10:03 pm

It was a good show. I am sad that it ended with so many questions and unfinished business.

Anonymous March 5, 2013 at 9:46 pm

sounds like to me a lot of people like the shows. the networks don’t give shows a chance I wish there were more seasons. hope someday they would make more