The Gates: ABC TV Show Cancelled; Stars and Writers React and Thank Fans

The GatesAs expected, ABC has cancelled The Gates after one season on the air. The ratings certainly didn’t dictate a second season and a couple weeks ago, series star Frank Grillo said that he’d heard unofficially that the show wouldn’t be back.

Though even actress Lindsay Lohan wanted to see it return, it’s now been confirmed that The Gates has indeed been cancelled. Some of the people connected with the show have tweeted about the series’ passing.

From the show’s Twitter feed comes, “We would like to thank our followers for sticking with us through this great journey.”

Gates creator Richard Hatem wrote simply, “Thanks to everyone who loved it. DVD set to be released…someday?”

Consulting producer and writer Robert Hewitt Wolfe tweeted, “Thank you to #TheGates fans, crew & cast for a great run. It was a blast. Seriously some of the best fans ever.” He later posted, “4 sale, lux devlpmnt/incrprtd town w/ upscale owners, prvt police/fire, exclnt school, occasional mysterious death”

Colton L Haynes wrote, “Was a great/fun experience and thk u all for coming along for the ride!. He followed that up with, “THE GATES cast and crew: thk u all for the good times! Learned alot and had a great summer with u all! Cheers to the future!” and posted this photo with #ripBrettCreski. Wolfe responded, “Sob… Too young!”

The GatesJames Preston looks forward to the future, tweeting, “No worries gates fans follow us on to our new exciting roles!” Travis Caldwell echoed that sentiment, saying, “its all good more to come from all of us !!!”

Justin Miles wrote, “We gave em a hell of a run, though…” Janina Gavankar feels similarly, saying, “Sad. But we’re incredibly proud of what we made.”

Young McKaley Miller tweeted, “thank you guys for all the support!! seriously, y’all are awesome!! #TheGates is officially over, but it was such a great experience!! TY :)”

Andrea Powell wrote, “Thanks for all the love, fans of #TheGates. We’ll miss you! :-*”

Rachel Dipillo wrote, “We had a fun ride on The Gates. Love everyone I worked with and can’t wait to see what you do next! #RIPLEXIEWADE”

Grillo tweeted, “Thanks to all of you for supporting us. It made the whole thing worth it. Lots more fun stuff coming.” Grillo also said that he’d share what would have happened in the second season. After son Charlie is saved, Nick and his family would have stayed in the Gates community. The Radcliffs decide to take a break from one another. Leigh becomes the head of the police and Nick takes over the Gates board and oversees the community.

What do you think? Are you sorry that The Gates won’t be back for season two? What would you have liked to see happen?

Barend April 22, 2013 at 9:52 am

Just finished watching season 1 what the hell is wrong with Charlie…its sad that its over…it showed so much potential for a second season.

Garrett April 21, 2013 at 11:06 pm

The gates needs at least one more season in order to explain what the freak charlie was turned into.

Bonnie Alexander April 19, 2013 at 9:36 pm

The Gates was a great show! I am sorry that it will not be back. Another station should have picked it up while more people became The Gates followers. I enjoye it because it
was modern and different. Good Luck to all the actors who were part of The Gates cast.

Heather Biles April 15, 2013 at 4:15 pm

I think they should give it another go. Try again in 2013?!

Sue April 11, 2013 at 10:13 am

Come back with season two!!

anonamous April 7, 2013 at 10:54 pm

I loved this show. Was compelling and kept you watching and on the edge of your seat… But what do you expect from ABC. All their shows sucked but this one and no wonder no one except the elderly watches ABC. Cause all the good shows they air gets cancelled..

kania April 6, 2013 at 9:10 pm

no pueden hacer una temporada y dejarla asi sin que los fans de esta serie sepamos que sucede despues yo deceo que regrese la serie porque me parece fantastica me gusta mucho y no es justo hacer algo y dejarlo a medias -

Carmen Michael Abramo April 4, 2013 at 10:56 pm

I’d like to say that “The Gates” was one of the greatest shows I have ever seen on TV. Right up there with Dr. Who. The writting, My God the writing was so great and you never saw what was around the corner then bam!! It just would blow your mind. I also saw it on Netflix… If anyone wants the full theme song which is almost impossible to find…. Tell me a way I could put it up somewhere so everyone can download it. I hate ABC for doing this. What a great show. It was so damn cool. Guess great tv shows have to end so they can make way for more reality shows. Though I like some of those shows..I’d trade everyone of them for more shows like “The Gates”. Hell they should make a comic book about “The Gates”, that be so awsome. I hate how tv is going these days. I miss the Gates and it’s only been not even 24 hours since I saw the last episode. Screw ABC.

limpo Ayanda Nzama April 3, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Please bring back the gates :( !!!

kirsten ruck April 3, 2013 at 6:28 am

This is an absolute crock of shit. I am watching this on netflix and I want there to be more. Totally lame this is the best show I’ve seen in a long time. It should be brought back. 13 episodes Jesus ABC wait a go giving it a shot. Idiots, bring it back or else I will boycott abc. Oh wait I don’t watch it bc it sucks and they never have any good shows. It’s too bad that this awesome show had the shit end of the stick having to try to make it on abc. booooo

Joe March 30, 2013 at 12:23 am

Please come back with season 2.

Jeanette March 28, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Please put the gates back on. I am a big fan. I want to see it return season 2.

Jeanette March 28, 2013 at 6:58 pm

We want The gates to start a new season.

Ti-Ara Smith March 25, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I am really sad that The Gates TV Show has been cancelled and wont return. I am a huge twilight fan and this series has come to an end also. I would be so excited if The Gates came back on air, it would give me another fantasy show to get into.

Anonymous March 24, 2013 at 1:30 am

Damn Fail Another good one gone!