The Gates: ABC TV Show Cancelled; Stars and Writers React and Thank Fans

The GatesAs expected, ABC has cancelled The Gates after one season on the air. The ratings certainly didn’t dictate a second season and a couple weeks ago, series star Frank Grillo said that he’d heard unofficially that the show wouldn’t be back.

Though even actress Lindsay Lohan wanted to see it return, it’s now been confirmed that The Gates has indeed been cancelled. Some of the people connected with the show have tweeted about the series’ passing.

From the show’s Twitter feed comes, “We would like to thank our followers for sticking with us through this great journey.”

Gates creator Richard Hatem wrote simply, “Thanks to everyone who loved it. DVD set to be released…someday?”

Consulting producer and writer Robert Hewitt Wolfe tweeted, “Thank you to #TheGates fans, crew & cast for a great run. It was a blast. Seriously some of the best fans ever.” He later posted, “4 sale, lux devlpmnt/incrprtd town w/ upscale owners, prvt police/fire, exclnt school, occasional mysterious death”

Colton L Haynes wrote, “Was a great/fun experience and thk u all for coming along for the ride!. He followed that up with, “THE GATES cast and crew: thk u all for the good times! Learned alot and had a great summer with u all! Cheers to the future!” and posted this photo with #ripBrettCreski. Wolfe responded, “Sob… Too young!”

The GatesJames Preston looks forward to the future, tweeting, “No worries gates fans follow us on to our new exciting roles!” Travis Caldwell echoed that sentiment, saying, “its all good more to come from all of us !!!”

Justin Miles wrote, “We gave em a hell of a run, though…” Janina Gavankar feels similarly, saying, “Sad. But we’re incredibly proud of what we made.”

Young McKaley Miller tweeted, “thank you guys for all the support!! seriously, y’all are awesome!! #TheGates is officially over, but it was such a great experience!! TY :)”

Andrea Powell wrote, “Thanks for all the love, fans of #TheGates. We’ll miss you! :-*”

Rachel Dipillo wrote, “We had a fun ride on The Gates. Love everyone I worked with and can’t wait to see what you do next! #RIPLEXIEWADE”

Grillo tweeted, “Thanks to all of you for supporting us. It made the whole thing worth it. Lots more fun stuff coming.” Grillo also said that he’d share what would have happened in the second season. After son Charlie is saved, Nick and his family would have stayed in the Gates community. The Radcliffs decide to take a break from one another. Leigh becomes the head of the police and Nick takes over the Gates board and oversees the community.

What do you think? Are you sorry that The Gates won’t be back for season two? What would you have liked to see happen?

rilakan January 26, 2014 at 8:02 pm

hello I really liked the series and find a series that is so good should not be put down just because the ratings were low, then they might be higher next season.

I come from northern europe(sweden) so I have not been able to finish it before now
I really hope that you will re-think about it and start a season 2

Alexandria Putu January 26, 2014 at 5:42 am

Please bring back The Gates. Love the show very much especially all the cast. Hope we can see more season coming up. Please please…

Tendai January 13, 2014 at 9:48 am

This is a fantastic film, with a mind stimulating storyline. Please bring it back. And do more seasons guys…dont leave us hanging please. Watched it all day and night when i got the season, I just couldnt stop. Its very good.

omar wilson January 12, 2014 at 11:31 pm

The show wasn’t what I expected at firsr, but I followed it through and it became more and more excited until the last episode which is exactly what I was looking for that level of excitement and drama I wouldve really like to see what happened next. I started searching to find when season two will be aired as soon as I finished watching the last episode only to be deeply disappointed that it has been cancelled when the real excitement, passion and drama seemed to began, DO A SEASON 2,3,4 and more please…..

cati December 28, 2013 at 3:56 am

I actually just watched the whole Season for the first time today. It was a REALLY good show, I don’t know why they don’t listen to the people that actually want to watch it. Would be nice if Netflix picked it up as it’s own series.

sara December 24, 2013 at 12:40 pm

The Gates was the best tv show Ive seen in a while. I hate that it had to end. It wouldve been nice to have it end a proper way an see where everyone else ends up. Its time was too short.

alicia December 22, 2013 at 1:18 pm

plese start it agin i will kill myself if you do not turn it back on

Agathi Kaza December 22, 2013 at 3:42 am

I’m from Greece and I watched “The gates” to. I’m very disappointed that there’s no season 2. Why ? “The gates” was so great !

Please continue it !

Pissed off December 14, 2013 at 4:02 pm

What the fuck is wrong with you people. HIRE PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOB and get this show back in for a season two! Just because the person who runs the show (in general not in a literal sense) chose to hire fucking idiots for their marketin team, it shouldn’t mean all the damn fans out here have to suffer! Season 1 should of been banned completely for being able to air ANYWHERE, knowing that idiots aren’t making a season 2. This just proves how fucking obsessed with money you people really are instead of giving a shit about the fans. Fans who pay you to a job that you take advantage of! Stupid idiots. Get it together you morons.

On a lighter note: kudos to all the actors and actresses in this. You all are fantastic at your job and really have some talent. I’m sorry you were robbed out of your jobs as the fans were from their entertainment. Actually, it’s more than entertainment. It goes deeper than that. True fans know what I mean.

Fix this! NOW!

Christian November 14, 2013 at 9:06 am

THE GATE IS SUCH A MOVIE PEOPLE LIKE ME WON’T LIKE TO MISS FOR ANYTHING. HOW I WISH U GUYS WILL CONSIDER US AND PRODUCE D SEASON 2 . HOPE U GUYS WILL DO IT FOR US.

Anonymous November 5, 2013 at 8:24 pm

That show was the cool show in the world

becky November 5, 2013 at 2:43 pm

they should produce the second season……..sn1 was a blow!

Santiago November 1, 2013 at 12:08 pm

hope they put it back on :/ it’s never late and it’s a really good show so don’t know why it couldn’t go on, maybe they didn’t do a lot if promo? i heard about it in netflix

sailormoon October 30, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Just discovered the gates on Netflix. Sucks that the was only 1seas. I realky enjoyed it

Gypsy October 27, 2013 at 7:06 am

Watched The Gates everyday it came on and I am so disappointed they didn’t bring it back. This show was amazing. It had everything. Maybe everyone needs to write the CW network that does The Vampire Diaries and flood them with calls, letters and emails.