The Gates

The GatesNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 20, — September 19, 2010
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Andrea Powell, Rhona Mitra, Frank Grillo, Marisol Nichols, Luke Mably, Travis Caldwell, Skyler Samuels, Chandra West, Colton Haynes, Janina Gavankar, Justin Miles, Victoria Gabrielle Platt, James Preston, Georgia Cole, Johnny Messner, Brett Cullen, Shannon Lucio, Devyn A. Tyler, McKaley Miller, and Louis Herthum.

the gates past TV show

TV show description:
This supernatural crime drama revolves around a chief of police who moves from Chicago to an upscale private community. He realizes that the neighbors aren’t quite who they appear to be on the outside.

Nick Monohan (Frank Grillo) is the new Chief of Police for The Gates, and he’ll do anything he can to protect his wife Sarah and their kids, Charlie and Dana. He’s used to working the tougher big city police cases and is ill-prepared for what he finds in his new community. For one thing, he knows there’s something going on with the Radcliffs, but isn’t sure just what. His wife Sarah (Marisol Nichols) is clearly the one who keeps her family together emotionally. As a product of Chicago’s south side, she struggles to fit in but soon she begins to bond with a few of her neighbors and also figures out some of their secrets.

Claire Radcliff (Rhona Mitra) seems like she has a perfect life with a perfect house and perfect family. But, she has a secret — a big hunger for something that she shouldn’t. She and her husband, Dylan (Luke Mably), have a daughter named Emily (Georgia Cole) and are well-aware they could lose everything if Claire can’t keep her addiction in check. Dylan is the CEO of a biotech research firm, and because of his wife’s addiction, he places a lot of value on privacy.

TV show supportA high school student, Charlie Monohan (Travis Caldwell) wasn’t happy to leave the public schools of Chicago in favor of The Gates Academy, but it gets easier the closer he gets with schoolmate Andie Bates (Skyler Samuels). Andi is best friends with Mia Mueller (Devyn A. Tyler) and friends with nearly everyone else. She’s a good student and the archaetypical girl-next-door. She and her father moved from Seattle to The Gates after her mom died in a tragic accident. Her boyfriend, Brett Crezski (Colton Haynes), is on the football team, and in some ways he’s the male version of Andie. He has a dangerous side to him though that he’s struggling to keep hidden.

Mia’s mom, Peg Mueller (Victoria Platt), is the town physician and herbologist. More than that though she’s known for having discretion, and that matters in this small town more than anything else. There’s one person in town that doesn’t consider her a friend however — Devon Buckley (Chandra West). She’s the owner of Devon’s Day Spa and the ex-wife of the owner of The Gates, Frank Buckley (Brett Cullen). She provides miracle cures at the Day Spa but patrons can sometimes end up paying more than expected.

Nick has two deputies in the police department, Marcus Jordan (Justin Miles) and Leigh Turner (Janina Gavankar). Marcus has a very eager and cheerful attitude that helps him get along with almost everyone in The Gates. He’s not the wittiest or sharpest person, but he gets by with a great work ethic. He’s stoked to learn the ropes from a big city cop like Nick. Leigh is somewhat his antithesis; witty, sharp, and very confident. She can be intimidating. When she allows herself to show some vulnerability, it appears she might just be hiding something.
space

shela October 20, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I love this show- why can’t we see it anymore- PLEASE KEEP IT ON THE AIR !

Anonymous October 14, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Don’t Channel!!!

Indra October 4, 2010 at 1:42 am

Please continue this show. This is one of my favourites

Michelle September 29, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Please keep this show! I watched every episode and I think it is great!

Sharlotte September 27, 2010 at 8:48 pm

Just when I finally catch the right day and time for The Gates, I find it off the air. ABC please don’t cancel such a terrific show. It’s really that good! Finally something to watch while True Blood is on hiatus. The Gates brought me back to network tv again. I so dislike reality tv shows.

shirley September 26, 2010 at 4:01 am

finally a vampirs show with mainly adults! keep it

lee September 24, 2010 at 3:54 pm

love the gates and want to see its return

Tosha September 23, 2010 at 9:04 pm

KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faye Blancett September 23, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Please do not cancel The Gates. It is a great show.

~Jessica~ September 23, 2010 at 2:12 am

Finally, a reason to watch network television again! It’s been a long time since ABC has had my full attention with any series, and this one flew so low under the radar that I almost missed it entirely. Not once did I see a trailer or advertisement for The Gates prior to the pilot air date or I would have had my DVR programmed! I appreciate the fact that ABC allows full episodes to be viewed online, otherwise I would have missed out on the first 2 episodes! My parents are the ones who discovered the series and shared it with myself and my children. I can’t think of the last time I was interested in a show that my parents watched, let alone one my children would watch… The Gates have become a bridge for our family, the generation gap does not exist on Sunday nights in our households! I would love to not only see the series renewed, but to get another season as well ;-)

robbie September 23, 2010 at 1:54 am

Ummmm. I hate Reality shows because they ruin the chances of good shows like this from flourishing. Come on ABC’s men in suits, realize that if you take good shows off the air than you are dumbing down the public just like in the movie Idiocracy. Yes, I know you care more about money than your actual entertainment, but remember the actual art of intelligent entertainment and listen to your viewers too. GOD I HATE AMERICAN NETWORKS. Anything that is good doesn’t last anymore due to REALITY TV PEOPLE. So if you all want to save your shows than boycott reality tv.

Think about it. When Networks see that 2 million ppl are watching the Gates and 2 million people are also watching a certain reality show on the same network that is cheaper to make, they will cancel The Gates and not the reality show.

syd September 22, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Please don’t cancel! Love this show!!!

Cindy September 22, 2010 at 1:41 pm

The Gates is a great show. Please renew it.

Christyne September 22, 2010 at 12:02 pm

I agree PLEASE DO NOT CANEL this show. It is so GOOD and the finale was AWESOME!!!!

chieko September 20, 2010 at 10:31 pm

DON”T CANCEL “THE GATES”! I love this show. Keep it going. There’s a lot to work with. I love Dylan and Claire. One of the best shows in a long time. I love the supernatural aspects all set in a gated community. Change the time slot. on the air…PLEASE!!!!!