The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

820 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Cindra Cee says

My daughter is in tears! We only watch two shows on your station, this one and Duck Dynasty. We are a large family that may leave you for good.

2. bob says

its to bad to hear that the show will be cancelled. It was the only show that was awesome drama. that’s what we need . no more reality tv.

3. Sandy Holstein says

I am extremely disappointed with A&E! I would like to see Glade’s renewed for another season but as other viewers have pointed out, at least give us an ending…..maybe a 2 hour tv movie?!

• says

It appears as time goes on, A & E has less and less an idea of how to run a TV network. Come on FOX, step up and at least do the two hour final chapter.

4. Mark D says

You guys suck, you cancel the glades, but leave other pointless, ridiculous sows on the air, I’m done with A&E, (Anal Excrement) because that’s what most of the reality shows are.

5. Karen says

I really enjoyed the show and it would be great if they could make a movie maybe tying up loose ends. If the show had continued, Jim and Callie could be together, but not necessarily. I was so curious to know who shot Jim at the end though. The partners Jim worked with were really good together and were more interesting than the relationship with Callie, so I think they should be focused on more. but it’s too late. they cancelled a good thing.

6. Sue Denkhoff says

I can’t believe you canceled glades?You could have least ended it with a better ending than the one you did,then it might not have been so hard to take or not.

7. Barry says

This was one of the best cop shows on tv. It seems they always cancel the good shows and leave a lot of crap on the air.

8. Kathy says

I cannot believe they canceled “Glades” before reconciling that cliffhanger. I really liked this show but I guess, like Bea said, they had to make room for more stupid reality shows, like “Rodeo Girls”. If I was a real rodeo girl, I think I would sue A&A for defamation of character. (watched it for 5 minutes because I really thought it was going to be about rodeo. lol)

9. Joslyn Gantt says

I cannot believe that you would cancel The Glades…it makes no sense, I am done watching your channel. You keep canceling really great show and putting stupid reality shows in its place..so frustrating.

10. Nancy says

We are still a little upset about A&E’s decision to cancel the Glacdes. Its sad they cancel a decent show and put on more crap!

• Ken Johnson says

I agree. I actually only tuned into the last season. I had not tried it before. I got addicted to it to a point. thought it something different. I wish FOX would Pick it up since they created it. Longmire is another fave and hope that’s not canceled.

11. bea says

Should have known it would be cancelled–its not a “reality” show. On the plus side, when there isn’t anything else left on TV but that nonsense, look at all the money I can save when I cancel my cable.

12. says

That was the only show that I watched on A&E. How sad that another scripted series dies in the wake of cheaply produced reality shows. Sadly, I’m not surprised.