The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

Cindra Cee January 3, 2014 at 9:20 pm

My daughter is in tears! We only watch two shows on your station, this one and Duck Dynasty. We are a large family that may leave you for good.

bob December 30, 2013 at 10:35 pm

its to bad to hear that the show will be cancelled. It was the only show that was awesome drama. that’s what we need . no more reality tv.

Sandy Holstein December 28, 2013 at 2:33 pm

I am extremely disappointed with A&E! I would like to see Glade’s renewed for another season but as other viewers have pointed out, at least give us an ending…..maybe a 2 hour tv movie?!

JFox December 28, 2013 at 10:21 pm

It appears as time goes on, A & E has less and less an idea of how to run a TV network. Come on FOX, step up and at least do the two hour final chapter.

Mark D December 27, 2013 at 4:30 am

You guys suck, you cancel the glades, but leave other pointless, ridiculous sows on the air, I’m done with A&E, (Anal Excrement) because that’s what most of the reality shows are.

Karen December 24, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Hey, maybe NETFLIX will buy it and take up where it left off?! that would be GREAT!

Karen December 24, 2013 at 3:55 pm

I really enjoyed the show and it would be great if they could make a movie maybe tying up loose ends. If the show had continued, Jim and Callie could be together, but not necessarily. I was so curious to know who shot Jim at the end though. The partners Jim worked with were really good together and were more interesting than the relationship with Callie, so I think they should be focused on more. but it’s too late. they cancelled a good thing.

Sue Denkhoff December 20, 2013 at 7:41 pm

I can’t believe you canceled glades?You could have least ended it with a better ending than the one you did,then it might not have been so hard to take or not.

Barry December 20, 2013 at 8:34 am

This was one of the best cop shows on tv. It seems they always cancel the good shows and leave a lot of crap on the air.

J. Fox December 20, 2013 at 3:40 pm

But…but Barry, A & E now has Rodeo Cow BS. Surely that should make up for something.

edna December 19, 2013 at 9:34 pm

how could they leave us hanging like that

Kathy December 19, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I cannot believe they canceled “Glades” before reconciling that cliffhanger. I really liked this show but I guess, like Bea said, they had to make room for more stupid reality shows, like “Rodeo Girls”. If I was a real rodeo girl, I think I would sue A&A for defamation of character. (watched it for 5 minutes because I really thought it was going to be about rodeo. lol)

Lilly December 18, 2013 at 12:51 am

Does anybody know if the network people are reading our comments???

Joslyn Gantt December 17, 2013 at 12:48 am

I cannot believe that you would cancel The Glades…it makes no sense, I am done watching your channel. You keep canceling really great show and putting stupid reality shows in its place..so frustrating.

Nancy December 16, 2013 at 4:26 pm

We are still a little upset about A&E’s decision to cancel the Glacdes. Its sad they cancel a decent show and put on more crap!

J. Fox December 17, 2013 at 11:41 am

Guess that is their corporate policy Nancy.

Ken Johnson December 19, 2013 at 5:59 pm

I agree. I actually only tuned into the last season. I had not tried it before. I got addicted to it to a point. thought it something different. I wish FOX would Pick it up since they created it. Longmire is another fave and hope that’s not canceled.

bea December 14, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Should have known it would be cancelled–its not a “reality” show. On the plus side, when there isn’t anything else left on TV but that nonsense, look at all the money I can save when I cancel my cable.

Ruth December 14, 2013 at 11:25 am

That was the only show that I watched on A&E. How sad that another scripted series dies in the wake of cheaply produced reality shows. Sadly, I’m not surprised.