The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

JIM April 4, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Will miss the show. Longmire followed the Glades and thankfully got picked up. Won’t be the same, no cliffhangers for Longmire’s future season ending’s… I hope.

Debbie April 4, 2014 at 2:12 am

I am very disappointed that you are cancelling this show I love it and I’m very upset that you left us hanging shame on you!

John April 4, 2014 at 1:21 am

how is it that these so called “reality shows” keep getting renewed, but shows that should be kept on get canceled?

BILL D April 2, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Tie it up. At least make a movie and end the story. Very disappointed in the decision to cancel this series.

Tracy March 29, 2014 at 12:24 am

I am so disappointed in A & E for canceling THE GLADES!! This was a great show and to cancel leaving us all hanging on the “what happened” is just bad as far as I am concerned. This was the only show I watched on this station anyway. It would be great if FOX picked them up since they were the actual producers. PLEASE BRING BACK THE GLADES!!

Anonymous March 26, 2014 at 3:46 am

Yeah this really makes me mad!! I just knew I was gonna get to see what all unfold in the new season and what makes this so bad is vh1 just did single ladies like this too!!! These network are messed up they can’t be possible thinking about us the viewers when they do crap like this.

WC March 25, 2014 at 1:11 pm

You have got to be kidding me!!!!! To cancel a show that ended with such a cliffhanger!!!!! Obviously the people at A&E do not care about their audience! They need to at least give the show closure.

Toni March 23, 2014 at 11:04 pm

This is why I vowed 2 years ago not to watch anything new. As soon as you get interested they cancel it. Worse of all they just cancel with no closure to the story line. CBS is the top Station for doing this.

lynda March 22, 2014 at 7:56 pm

The Glades and Longmire are two show I make time to watch on A & E…the other crap they have on insults your intelligence…Hoarders, storage wars…what in the world makes crappy show like that appeal to people.? Bring back the Glades and finish the damn story

mrstwm March 22, 2014 at 3:03 pm

With the bad rep A&E has had this past year you’d think they would want to make their viewers happy. One way of making them happy would be to do a Glades movie to tie up lose ends.

Karen de Graef March 24, 2014 at 12:41 am

I have to agree with mrstwm. That’s a GREAT idea.

annonymus March 21, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Over the past couple of years quality tv shows have been reduced not to say dissapeared. The glades was the only show I was watching on a&e channel. Now go be honest… if the best they have to offer is duck dinasty ??! and the auction show ( cant even remember the name).. I cannot finerd that channel interesting any longer

Jan March 21, 2014 at 12:36 am

The Glades was one of my most favorite. With many viewers recording the shows they enjoyed, I am told by doing this, the viewers are not counted. I feel the network should bring back The Glades. Many of my friends are sad it is not coming back. Producers and networks should come up with a solution to not counting viewers who record shows for viewing later.

Karen de Graef March 21, 2014 at 7:48 pm

I agree with Jan. With so much to watch it’s hard to watch everything on at the same time.

AnnG March 19, 2014 at 8:29 am

Since they’re not bringing the show back, they need to do a movie to tie up the loose ends. I am so heartbroken that this show will not be on this summer for a 5th season.

Sissy March 17, 2014 at 11:46 pm

I can’t believe that they would cancel such a good show, and to leave it as a cliff hanger was a bad call by the network. If A&E cared about their viewers they would bring The Glades back or at least give us a good ending. Very unhappy with A&E!!

Jeannine Hamilton March 17, 2014 at 9:11 pm

I have waiting and waiting for The Glades to return an we are left hanging and not knowing what’s to happened. Also, Longmire should be brought back really enjoyed these two shows.

JFox March 18, 2014 at 1:39 am

Actually Jeannine, I didn’t even know Longmire hadn’t returned. Just figured any network that showed so little regard for their viewers wasn’t worth my time and haven’t watched it since. Stinks doesn’t it.