The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

Bob Stuart April 23, 2014 at 6:11 pm

This was one of only two or three shows on television that was worth watching. ALL of the reality shows are truly C & G (crap & garbage). It’s too bad someone of intelligence is not allowed to make decisions at A & E.

Roger Pellitteri April 22, 2014 at 7:47 pm

It is so sad A&E do not care what the fans has to say so we can yell and scream all we want . They just dont care

Malina Moore April 22, 2014 at 12:13 pm

I hate that they took this from us. Leaving fans hanging like that!? Totally unfair! We fall in love with the lives and stories of these characters and they take that from us! Extremely unhappy!

Debbie April 21, 2014 at 5:25 pm

That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this show and I hate when they have a great season finale and the ruin it by not continuing a great show. Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

bobby April 20, 2014 at 11:16 pm

That is depressing I have been looking for this show to come back..come on who shot Jim, will they find him? I loved this show please bring it back

Sharon April 14, 2014 at 6:42 pm

So disappointing that A&E cancelled The Glades. It was truly an enjoyable and intelligent literate show with believable characters and story lines. This was my first A&E show I faithfully watched and now with this cancellation, definitely my last. What a horrible ending to give its loyal watchers. Is it possible that Fox will resume the series? We can only hope so.

Al K. April 14, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I watched this show from the start and am really upset that A&E cancelled the season. It’s no wonder that I never watch A&E any more.

Donita Locke April 14, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I am heartbroken I loved this show and all the characters. Boo to A & E you left us hanging. Guess you have to make room for some of your crazy reality shows. Such a shame!!!!!!!!!

Chris April 14, 2014 at 2:06 am

This show is not done . We watched this show for 4 years and you leave it where he is lay on the ground almost dead and she ready to marry him . So we will just end the show . There is way to much left that still need to be done . Who shot him .Did thy get married.
Bring back the show for one more year .

JFox April 14, 2014 at 9:38 am

Your disappointment is more than understandable Chris. The viewers watching this
very well scripted series were left completely up in the air. The writers and the well assembled cast had the ability to involve the viewers much better than the majority of shows on television today. And as Jane B. pointed out, A& E has some really sub par programming that requires nothing but sitting in front of the tv screen in a semi-catatonic state – and then having no recollection of what dribble has just been presented.
The fact is, A & E really doesn’t give a damn. If they had any interest in retaining loyal viewers, we wouldn’t have been ignored. I personally have not watched the network for months and never will again.

Ellen April 15, 2014 at 10:05 am

I can remember when A & E stood for “Arts & Entertainment” … now it seems that they have forgotten that and moved into a new era of C & G “crap and garbage”. I thoroughly enjoyed The Glades. It was one of the few shows with a good story line, not relying on sex to sell it, and actors who worked very well together. It is a shame that good programming is gone and the almighty dollar rules. Lately, it seems that most of the good shows connected with FOX network are being cancelled. I, for one, stopped watching A & E when I first learned of Glades cancellation. I would not bother to watch anything on their horrible channel no matter what they promise. I refuse to support any company who dislikes their customers so adamantly. As far as getting any closure on this series, the actors have all moved on to new jobs and probably could not come back anyway. So long A & E…I hope you choke on all of your scripted “reality” shows.

The Glades Viewer April 11, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Why not take off all these stupid reality shows. I really don’t want to know about people who have nothing else to do than act stupid. Bring back the good shows and leave the trash off.

Tracy G April 11, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I’m so disapointed that I will not be able to see the ending. A&E you should rethink this foolishness. Who shot Jim? Will he and Callie get married? The fans deserve more and
better than this.
So how long can I enjoy Longmire before this is snatched off the air also?!
A&E not happy with your programming .

ken sachs April 9, 2014 at 11:37 am

WHY WHY WHY A&E are you kidding me , lets leave the show at the cliffhanger nice job shows was well written and acted guess what A& E LISTEN up sponsers im boycotting this channel I will watch nothing old and especially nothing new don’t want to get wrapped up in a show just to get the carpet yanked out from underneath me , its hurts cause now I have to give up Longmire and really who cares about storage wars and duck do-do anymore really

row April 8, 2014 at 1:17 am

can’t believe that a network would leave a show hanging like. Very unhappy please finish the cliffhanger with a ending we the fans deserve this

sharon R April 7, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Unbelievable.. This was a cool show. Yet they will continue to show that dumb Duck Dynasty and reruns of 15 year old shows, aka CSI Miami. Why not at least do one last show a series finale and let the characters and viewers have a good ending.
I won’t start watching any new A&E shows that’s for sure..

Jane B. April 5, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Truly pissed! A& E stands for Arts & Entertainment and has seem to forgotten that. They air/renew such “gems” as Storage Wars(26 times this week), Duck Dynasty(31 times this week), The First 48 (27 times this week). Flipping Vegas/Boston (11), Criminal Minds(11), Dog the Bounty Hunter(7), Beyond Scared Straight(2), CSI, Miami (2), Bates Motel(2) and something called Barry’d. Other than some paid programming and one crappy movie, That’s it. Now, why in the world would they get rid of a show like “The Glades” is beyond me. I mean, I like Criminal Minds a lot and I wouldn’t ever want to watch it 11 times!!! I wouldn’t want to watch anything that often. I wouldn’t be surprised if many simply stopped watching A&E. Bet their sponsors won’t like that.

Yeah, I’m pissed!