The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

E July 18, 2014 at 1:22 am

Just found out! Can’t believe it! Dumb to put Duck Dyn ahead of a great show.
So pissed. No A&E at our house.

Diane July 17, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Please don’t leave us hanging! You owe us faithful A&E /glades followers at least a series finale.

Gill July 18, 2014 at 7:26 am

I will sorely miss watching the Glades why do they always cancel the good programmes

Carol July 17, 2014 at 2:12 am

Seriously??? I cannot believe that A&E would just end The Glades on a cliffhanger like that? I discovered this show through Amazon Prime and binge watched 4 seasons in 3 weeks. I love this show, and I needed to see Jim and Callie get married and move into that awesome house. I mean come on, all they had to do is just one more episode. I will not be watching anything on A&E, unless of course they cough up season 5 of The Glades!

Anonymous July 16, 2014 at 3:39 pm

I can’t believe they cancelled the series! I will not watch a&e until they put The Glades back on the air! Depressed Glades Fan!

H Reed July 16, 2014 at 3:18 pm

A&E will not be watched at our house anymore. The way they ended the series is almost crimminal. They can stick there reality shows as they do this sort of thing way to often to real people. Personally I hope they go under do to people boycotting there programming.

Lynn July 16, 2014 at 12:47 pm

This is so unfair to leave us hanging without any explanation. So uncool.

R.A. July 16, 2014 at 9:02 am

I really loved the dry and witty script. Really sorry to see THE GLADES go! But lead Actor, Matt Pressmore already has a hot new series, SATISFACTION. Maybe Kallie can stop by that series and really shake it up. The Glades never had enough PR. And, series schedule not advertised properly. Don’t know about SATISFACTION! Watch the first episode and see if script lives up to hype. The Glades gave us a break from Sex Sex Sex. Had just enough to keep a romance going.

Katheen July 15, 2014 at 2:00 pm

OH COME ON

Richard July 15, 2014 at 2:34 am

Could another cable network pick this up? Has any episodes of season 5 are in the can? Any?
My family loved this show. We caught it on Netflix and got hooked. Bummer!!!!

PJMAALAND July 13, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Really???? It’s bad enough you cancelled a really good show but you leave a cliffhanger. At least make one final show to tie things up. That is just so wrong A&E.

cindy July 12, 2014 at 1:37 pm

I am so angry. It such good show. Now it appears that the new show is about cheating on your spouse.

Brandi July 11, 2014 at 6:38 pm

So sad that there will be no more of this show. I caught it on Netflix and absolutely love it.

Tammy July 10, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I’m so upset season 5 never happened caught this on netflix and was absolutely hooked! Watched all 4 seasons to be bummed no season 5 but I want the answer who shot Jim? Ray or his mom the most likely suspects

Anonymous July 10, 2014 at 12:20 am

Ray’s mom?

Writer for Season 5 July 9, 2014 at 12:56 am

Re: Melissa’s comment about the ‘best friend’ from Atlanta shooting Jim–She was already waiting at the wedding with Callie and the others so she couldn’t have been the shooter, BUT she certainly was nauseating and phony–from despising Callie one minute to apologetic and wanting to be the best friend the next (puke!) I kinda wondered if she wanted Callie all to herself. As for Spock’s (Chuck’s) comments–Jim wouldn’t necessarily have needed to see the shooter for him to deduce who wanted him dead (other than all the suspects he insulted and accused over the 4 seasons). The crime for that episode was already solved, so the only outstanding issue that was worrying Jim was the whole business with Ray. . . not to mention how creepy and secretive the marshall always appeared…very shady (my opinion).