The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

Jill September 29, 2013 at 1:48 pm

While I have to admit that I though Jim was intrusive at times, I admired his rapport with his team members. If I had known that the show was going to be canceled, I would not have continued watching it to the end. Leaving views in the lurch is not a good idea at any time.

DF September 28, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Bring back the Glades – a great show. Unfair to leave us hanging.

pam smith September 27, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Please do not leave us hanging with the shooing right before the wedding.. What kindof ending is that??

Kate Stuart September 26, 2013 at 8:08 pm

I find myself wondering why all the viewers who love this show are so easily discounted, especially since The Glades was a hit for A&E. I read one comment which asked the question “why not cancel some of the reality shows” which I agree with whole heartedly.
It is especially wrong to leave us, the faithful viewers with that cliff hanger of Jim being shot on his way to the wedding.
Would you do us the courtesy of bringing the show to a proper ending if you’re so determined to cancel your program. The only A&E programs I watch are The Glades and Longmire and I’m willing to bet there are millions of TV viewers like myself who will be clicking away to other channels.

JLB September 26, 2013 at 12:04 pm

BRING IT BACK
TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS
SPOUSE AND I ALWAYS WATCHED…
FAITHFUL FAN –NEVER MISSED IT
I WILL MISS CARLOS, DANIEL, COLLENE AND JIM MOST OF ALL

Kat September 25, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Was disappointed. Loved the show, Left us all hanging. I agree, cancel the reality shows. What’s next with the silliness….Family Dumpster Diving (my ongoing joke about all the reality shows that make me cringe when I flip through the channels)

Terry Goldman September 25, 2013 at 6:32 pm

VERY angry at A & E. Will no longer support their programming. TV is weak enough without canceling the quality shows. Smart writing, fresh locales and solid chemistry among the cast made this a weekly favorite for me. Goodbye A & E. Good luck in finding other viewers. I am done with the lot of you.

Terry Goldman September 25, 2013 at 6:27 pm

My favorite show. I am both angry and disappointed at A & E and will no longer watch/support their programming.

Mike September 24, 2013 at 10:04 am

Very disappointed to hear this. I got hooked on this show this past July and have watched all three seasons so far. Love the show and the chemistry of the actors. Very entertaining and like Betty commented, all members can watch without being offended.
I guess they need to make room for more reality dribble or vampire garbage. Oh well – so sad.

Cherry September 24, 2013 at 3:30 am

Come on, folks, at least give us closure here (hate that word but it sure fits)

Lorraine K September 22, 2013 at 3:38 am

If the GLades was produced by FOX, then FOX should pick it up and at least finish the cliffhanger to give FANS some closure. The show was much better than FRINGE which went on way too long. FOX pick up the GLades and finish the story.

earl September 21, 2013 at 11:09 am

Big mistake canceling The Glades I will never watch another show on A&E again You have lost another viewer I hope another network is smarter than A&E and picks it up long live The Glades

Carmelene Corona September 20, 2013 at 9:50 pm

I’m still in morning over Burn Notice ending and now A&E has cancelled Glades. It was a great show and it will be missed. A&E is making a mistake. They should at least do a wrap up. They should not leave the fans hanging. I like happy endings. Not the main character left for dead!!! I’m just turning off the TV, cancelling cable and going back to practicing my piano!!!

Genise September 20, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Yes, I am sorry it was a great show and will be missed and it is a mistake to cancel it. I know there a lot of fans that will hate to see it go. I really do not think it deserves to be cancelled. I do not watch reality shows and never will and I do not think that many people do, but I do realize that is what brings in the money because they are cheap to make and produce. I am still hoping another network picks up The Glades because A&E has forgot what the A as well as the E stands for in their name! I will no longer watch their network and I realize they will not miss one house hold but I am not the only one saying that. If we stick by our word they will hurt and I sure hope so. This was a good show and enjoyed by many. I hope they reconsider and remember what A&E stands for and not reality junk… Just saying….

Betty September 19, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Why don’t they cancel one of the reality shows that are so stupid. The Glades has family and friends who work together as a unit. It is a program that I, my children, and grandkids can watch together and not be afraid of the language. I think I have only missed the show once since it starting airing. My family gets the popcorn, chips, etc. out on Monday night and settle back to watch The Glades and then Longmire. Both winners if you ask me.