The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

d gregory October 17, 2013 at 9:11 am

Bring it back for 1 more season or even a reduced # of episodes to bring closure for the fans. My family loved the show and is very disappointed with being left hanging like this.

John F October 17, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Have been reading all of your comments, and it sounds like other than disappointment over all in the shows cancellation, we are all just plain pissed off at the way they left us hanging!

brian g October 16, 2013 at 10:04 am

I loved the glades a&e needs to bring it back

John F. October 16, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Yep!

Pat October 12, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I loved the glades and am really upset that it was cancelled. Why do all the good shows get canceled and crappy shows stay on. I really hope that A & E changes its mind or that another TV network pics up the Glades. It was an excellent show.

Vic October 11, 2013 at 8:13 pm

I’m very disappointed in you A&E. Why is it every time there is
a good series on to watch some idiot has to pull the plug on it. You
think your rating were lower what do you think they will be now?

Lisa October 11, 2013 at 6:59 pm

I am really upset that the Glades got cancelled. I absolutely loved the show. Why is it that all the good shows end up getting canceled. I hope that A & E changes its mind or that another TV station picks the Glades up. Please don’t take this wonderful show away from us.

Lisa October 11, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Robert Adamiak October 9, 2013 at 7:46 pm

At the very least have a 1.5 to 2 hour follow-up movie to resolve the shooting and get them married. I am so upset that if you did not have lONGMIRE ON YOUR STATION I WOULD NOT WATCH YOUR STATION ANY MORE.

Gwen October 9, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Really A & E – what has happened to you??? I was once a loyal watcher of your channel but what happened – at one time you had the best shows – now I watch 2 shows Longmire & The glades – Duck Dynasty Why renew that garbage? & cancell a show that was enjoyable to watch – & to end it like that!!!! well I guess you just lost another viewer, by the way in case you haven’t figured it out yet – the people who pay for cable are not the teens they are actually people who work for a living & have busy lives & usually record programs to watch at a later time – c’mon A & E get a brain or maybe you need to employ people that actually USE THEM!!!!

John F. October 9, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Gwen Gwen Gwen….associating TV executive with ‘brain’. Surely you know better.
;-)

gwen October 14, 2013 at 11:59 am

Oh John – what was I thinking lol

John F. October 9, 2013 at 1:41 am

Surely if A & E has indeed decided not to bring “THE GLADES” back for additional seasons, which hopefully they haven’t, they will reconsider the decision. With so much total trash on both network and cable channels it was so completely refreshing to see a series with an interesting location, really riveting story lines and very engaging characters come into our homes weekly. This is the first time I have ever written to a network regarding a television program, but felt compelled to do so about this unique series. Please sacrifice at least one of the following: uneducated family, illiterate jungle dweller, drunk punk, self entitled clueless trash, plastic surgery disaster, or dumbest thing ever series and give your viewers this really appreciated program that made us care about the characters. Don’t you think you owe us that?

JODI CRUZ October 7, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Say what? I am so upset by this news… Why do all of my favorite shows seem to get cancelled? You really need to reconsider this. Atleast do one for show to wrap up the storyline.

Rccourson October 3, 2013 at 12:13 am

I wish the network would put together a final show to resolve the cliffhangers and tie up the loose ends. I happened to have like the show and watched it every week. The actors are talented and I’m sure they all have other projects in the works. But it would be nice to have resolution to the story lines. This show had a serial quality to it with some threads being carried from one show to the next so for the fans that enjoyed the show simple closure would be nice.

Bobbi October 1, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I am still hoping that this is a ream and that the show will return for another season. I have seem almost every show. I have to DVR to see it and look forward it sitting down to watch the show. I am so very upset that I will never see the end of the story.

IreneMartin September 30, 2013 at 7:53 pm

I have watch the show since the first one. I couldn’t wait for the new season each year. How could you keep us hanging and than cancel the show. I just hope you will bring it back was looking forward to the wedding

Nancy September 29, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I have always watched programs on A&E and felt it was a leader in good programming. That has changed. Re-newing Duck Dynasty and cancelling The Glades. Wow. Now I know the direction this station is going in and they have lost me and several of my friends as viewers. That’s ok. I watched Breaking Bad, Dexter and Burn Notice go out with class, but have no clue with The Glades. Too bad, but I guess the station has so many viewers they won’t miss all of us.

Patsy Epperson September 29, 2013 at 6:34 pm

I am so disappointed that you cancelled this show and left uf hanging on what we thought we be a great ending with two people in love getting married. There is enough stupid reality shows on TV, and shows with killing, but this show was great. The only other show you had I liked was Longmire, but I refuse to watch it now. You have lost a costumer but I am sure you really could care less. I really wish you would reconsider and put this show back on and at least let them find out who shot Jim and get married. I watch hallmark and love that channel so forget A & E for sure. You really should consider the comments and thoughts of your customers which you obviously don’t do.