The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

Chris S. November 4, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I hate that The Glades was cancelled! What a way to end a very good series! Unbelievable!
Please bring it back, and at least let it end happily! I want Callie and Jim to get married! They deserve a break! So do the viewers!

grayheaded November 4, 2013 at 9:32 am

The only reason I watched A&E was for The Glades

Lori November 1, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Are you kidding me, why do they always cancel the good shows and leave the trash on tv, I am going to stop watching A&E because The Glades was a great show, they could at least do a movie and conclude the relationship with jim and callie.

John F. November 2, 2013 at 12:27 am

Darn straight lori! I liked those guys.

Liz B October 28, 2013 at 8:00 pm

I really loved that show. It was one of the only series that showed scenes that I could relate to. I cannot believe they would leave the series with such an unresolved scene.

John F. October 28, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Sorry Liz B.
Liked viewing the scenes as well. :-<

John October 27, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Wife and I love the show. Wish it was not cancelled.
Good show, worth sticking with. Please at least do a two hour wrap-up TV movie

Dory October 25, 2013 at 10:36 am

I am so sorry the Glades has been cancelled. Hope they will reconsider. All that aside the cast and even former support actors are having a ball in Hollyweird. maybe they know something. check twitters on a&etv.com.

John F. October 25, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Dori,
No way I am going to go to any site that has anything to do with A & E! Skip by them entirely when channel surfing.

dory October 25, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Sorry John did not mean to be insulting to other fans. I haven’t gone on their tweets for a long time. Guess I got a little too nosy. Thought there might be some news on there regarding the show. NO there was not.

John F. October 25, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Gotcha there dory. Certainly no offense taken. I like one other show on A & E, but not gonna watch it no more. :-0

Dory a bad waste October 26, 2013 at 9:12 am

THX John. Felt a little bad about that. Wasn’t careful. I won;t be watching any show on A&E. I have limited time for TV. There is one on ABC i really like, if not for that my cable bill would be a big waste. Have a great weekend everyone.

Dory November 3, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I hope again you won’t take offense. Just read on another message board. matt Passmore has gotten another show on USA. Unnamed pilot. details kind of vague info available on tv line.

Dory October 25, 2013 at 10:31 am

Puhleese cancelled. DUMB. However the cast and former support people are having a ball in Hollyweird. See twitters on a&e.com.

C Risher October 24, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I have to say I’m extremely disappointed to have the series end like that. They need to at least end it properly for those of us who did watch.

Dottie October 24, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I think Glades was the the Best show on TV.Really we need to know what happen to Jim. The show was get just getting good.

Bobbie A October 23, 2013 at 11:20 am

I hate that glades was cancelled. It seems the tv networks think the major audiences are so dumb. I really don’t know how some of the reality shows make it. The days are only 24 hrs long so how can they expect the viewers to watch such crappy shows when the more entertaining ones red there. Bring back the glades. Please

Martha Sebastian October 21, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Are you stupid or what A&E. The Glades was one of the best shows and you idiots cancel. I guess Longmire will be next. The trash that is being offered about wild hogs, storage wars……I could go on but what is the use. I have the right to watch another channel and that is exactly what I intend to do. You need to listen to your viewers you idiots.

John F. October 21, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Whoo hoo. You tell ‘em Martha. (You have it exactly right)

Sharon October 20, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I can’t believe they renew ….Hog hunters..people with too much money buying storage lockers..people fighting for stupid things to ship and soo much more and cancel the good shows like the glades…omg…it used to stand for arts and entertainment…not much entertaining with what they have on now….wake up a&e…listen to your viewers

Kate Fredericks October 21, 2013 at 1:41 am

You are so right, Sharon! They left us with perhaps the best cliffhanger of the year of any show and then shut it down? At least give us resolution. A&E is making a rookie mistake with this show. I think the never before high ratings of certain shows is making them forget that we, the audience, make & break shows as we watch them. This could be a mistake they come to regret!

Linsa October 20, 2013 at 2:56 pm

they should have at least come back long enough to let us know what happened with the cliffhanger. Bad leaving it hanging out there like they did.

John F. October 21, 2013 at 1:26 am

Yes Linsa, it really showed a total lack of concern, or even interest, in the people who pay for network, cable or satellite television. That is why I just figured…if they don’t care about me I won’t watch the network any longer. That’s all.

Diana October 21, 2013 at 9:44 am

wow…had I known that it was going to be left as such a cliffhanger ….I would have not watched the final episode….c’mon A&E…what could you possibly replace it with that will garner more than 3 million viewers…..another so called “reality” show….???????

Oliver L. Norton October 19, 2013 at 9:29 pm

What idiot does a serious cliffhanger like this, then cancels the show. Where’s the petition I’ll sign it. If another network picks it up, I hope it runs even longer.

John F. October 20, 2013 at 2:34 am

LOL there OLN. Maybe they area idiots and COULDN’T come up with any more ideas. I like Longmire, but think I will quit watching it because just don’t want to watch A & E anymore.
If you find out how to start the petition, let us know.

Kate Fredericks October 21, 2013 at 1:45 am

Me too, Oliver! Would Admin be so kind as to publish if a save our show campaign starts for The Glades. A petition at the very least! ;-D

Diana October 21, 2013 at 9:46 am

@ Oliver…ditto….I hope another network picks it up….

Bob October 18, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Good show, worth sticking with. Please at least do a two hour wrap-up TV movie.

John F. October 18, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Wouldn’t that make sense though Bob. Do you trust that Marshal’s agent that was supervising the boys visits with his father? Or, did the father simply leave a false trail in the north west and go to FL? Damn, they really left us hanging didn’t they.

Erin K November 3, 2013 at 1:29 pm

IT NEVER FAILS! EVERY TIME THAT I LOVE A SHOW, IT DISAPPEARS. I REALLY NEED TO GIVE MY OPINION TO NEILSEN! THIS SUCKS! THANKS A&E! NOT!