The Glades: Cancelled by A&E, No Season Five

The Glades canceledAs expected A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons on the air. There won’t be a fifth season or wedding for Jim (Matt Passmore) and Callie (Kiele Sanchez).

The dramedy began in July 2010 and it became their first scripted series to last more than a season. The cancellation comes days after The Glades’ fourth season finale attracted 3.41 million viewers. This was the show’s most-watched episode since the series premiere which drew 3.55 million.

Unfortunately, the fourth season as a whole was down by 14% year-to-year and The Glades was the cable channel’s lowest-rated scripted series. It didn’t help that the show was also produced by Fox, an outside studio, so A&E didn’t have a financial stake in the show’s future.

Of course, the real losers are the fans. The fourth season ended on a cliffhanger with Jim being shot in the chest by an unknown assailant. Hopefully the producers will find a way to give faithful viewers an idea of what might have happened in season five.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Glades has been cancelled? How would you have resolved the cliffhanger? Should Jim and Callie be together?

Lilly November 20, 2013 at 11:32 pm

I’m really disappointed The Glades got cancelled especially when season4 ended the way it did. Will not watch A&E ever again!! You have shows right now that have no business being on the air but I guess our voice doesn’t matter! Good riddance A&E !!!

Darlena D November 20, 2013 at 6:47 pm

I am very disappointed that A&E would end the show on a Cliffhanger and then just cancel it. I was a “devoted” Glades fan. You cannot treat your viewers this way and then expect us to continue to watch your network. The very least you could do is to put together a 2 hour episode to end the show on a good note and give the Fans a conclusion.

Not Cool A&E

Pablo November 20, 2013 at 3:15 am

Getting pretty tired of good shows being cancelled on a cliffhanger.

eline November 19, 2013 at 4:09 pm

NOT NICE ! A&E should lose ratings faster now since they just cancelled the best thing they had on their side – bye bye capitalist pigs

Quotecia November 19, 2013 at 3:39 pm

I am so hurt Jim and Callie show the glades was a rush home got to see it TV show I never look at A&E but the day what ever day you put it on I always be in front of the tv to watch please bring back the glades you really set your viewers up and let them down shame on you A&E

ellen November 18, 2013 at 11:21 am

I am sooooo sick and tired of the good shows getting cancelled and more CRAP like Storage Wars and Duck Dynasty going on and on and on. I am really going to miss watching Glades. The way it ended has kept me trying to guess who did the dirty deed…now I guess none of us will ever know. And a comment directly to A&E network: I used to see lots of things on your network that I enjoyed, but, lately you have opted for the totally mindless shows that really have nothing to offer. You have too many commercial interruptions and way too many reality shows. (That just shows us all that your bottom line counts to you more than anything else including integrity) There were two shows on your network that I enjoyed and now you have cancelled one of them. So, I will no longer be tuning into your network…not even to watch the other show that I liked. My loyalty to you is now as strong as your loyalty to all of your viewers with a brain. “Hasta la Vista” and “I won’t be back”!!!

Carol November 19, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Bring Glades Back Duck Dynasty STINKS

John F November 20, 2013 at 6:47 am

You know what the strange thing probably is Quotecia, I’d be willing to bet this so called network thinks they have pulled off some sort of ‘artful coup’ by ending the show the way did. They no doubt consider the ending some sort of avant garde piece of cinematic art. In actuality all they have done is ask us to tilt our heads back, close our eyes, open our mouths … and then poured (your choice of bodily fluids) down our throats.

CHRISSY November 15, 2013 at 2:03 pm

BEEN GLADES BACK !!!!

sandra November 12, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Please don’t cancel The Glades it’s the best show on tv, right up there with Castle & Bones. It would be a huge mistake !!!!

kitty grope November 12, 2013 at 2:10 pm

I could not believe that A&E canceled The Glades to put stupid shows on the air, Storage Wars, Duck dynasty ETC get real. This show should never have been canceled or at least they should have given notice to the fans and end the show properly. I am so tired of all the good shows that are being taken off the air because of all the stupid reality shows.
Shame on you A&E and now there is nothing on your channel that I care to watch.

John F. November 12, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Kitty, there is one other show I like on A&E, but am not going to watch that network again. The way they ended The Glades really showed they had no interest in their viewers, so I have no interest in them.

AnnieM November 12, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I look forward to The Glades when it comes out, actually one of my favorite shows, and cancelling this show is crappy. A&E I am so disappointed that you would do this. Should at least have come out with a season 5 to let everyone know what happens with Jim, Jim and Calley, who shot him. I think that once again the fans are getting the shaft. This unfortunately these days are a big reason why we shouldn’t get so wrapped up in any particular show……Thanks a lot A&E ( I don’t mean that nicely!!)

C. REID November 11, 2013 at 2:22 pm

A loser network. Why would I want to get involved with another A&E show, knowing it most likely won’t end in a proper way. All shows end, but they should end with the viewer in mind.

Toni Biles November 11, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Can we say “ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDS!!” to cancel a great TV series, that has
ended it’s season in a cliffhanger, is so not fair to the viewers. A&E you need to make this
right. This could cost you a lot of viewers not watching any of your other programs!
Get with it! Bring the Glades back.

Joanne Babcock November 9, 2013 at 5:00 pm

I just read that there will not be a Season 5 of The Glades. I think that SUCKS!!! If that was the case, A&E should have made the Season 4 finale a two-hour special. You know Carols will find Jim and save him, which should have happened. I was so waiting to see who shot Jim and how Carlos and Jim were going to catch them. Plus was really looking forward to Callie and Jim finally making it to the alter. So DISAPPOINTED that there will not be a Season 5. BOOOOOO!!!!!

John F November 9, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Sort of hit the nail on the head there Joanne B. The fact that the network, A&E, had so little interest in the viewing audience is really pretty disgusting. Sort of makes us feel like disposal eyeballs or something. Guess all we can do is encourage everyone we know to never tune in that network again.

Pat Griffiths November 6, 2013 at 6:39 am

Well nice of A&E to shut down one of the best shows on tv. Guess it is cheaper to but on ree runs of shows like Storage Wars and Duck Dynasty . We never even got any closure just left it . Take a lesson from the Brits at least they have proper closure to their long running shows.

connie November 5, 2013 at 11:47 am

This is a&e always get good series then pulls them off. Smarten up A&E bring back the glades..

John F November 5, 2013 at 10:17 pm