The Glades: Cancelled Next or Renewed for Season Five?

The Glades canceled or renewed for season five?Season four of The Glades concluded this week but the show hasn’t been renewed yet. Will it return for season five or will it be cancelled instead?

For those who haven’t seen it, The Glades follows a cocky Chicago detective (Matt Passmore) who moves to South Florida in hopes of finding a more relaxing way of life. He finds instead that he’s busier than ever. Others in the dramedy’s cast include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos G√≥mez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, and Michelle Hurd.

Season four of the show averaged 2.59 million viewers, down by 14% when compared to season three’s average (3.01 million). It’s the lowest-rated of A&E‘s three scripted dramas but hit a new high with its recent finale and an audience of 3.41 million.

While The Glades was the series to help A&E establish itself as a channel with scripted content, things aren’t looking too good for the show’s future. The ratings are down and the show is produced by Fox Television Studios so the cable channel doesn’t have a financial stake in its future.

According to Deadline, the show’s outlook isn’t bright but A&E hasn’t cancelled it yet.

After four seasons, there are 49 episodes of The Glades. That’s not enough for a syndication package but it might be close enough to give Fox incentive to make some kind of special deal to keep it going — either with A&E or another outlet. It would help if there were an appropriate Fox-owned channel but there isn’t.

For now, we’ll have to wait and see. If the show is cancelled, hopefully the producers will tell fans how the fourth season cliffhanger would have been resolved.

What do you think? Would you like to see a fifth season renewal or is it time for The Glades to be cancelled instead?

UPDATE: A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons.

MRS SHEILA PEARSON March 23, 2014 at 5:37 am

I AGREE WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE. THERE IS SO MUCH RUBBISH/REALITY SHOWS ON TV. THE GLADES IS LIGHTHEARTED ENTERTAINMENT AND THE CHARACTERS HAVE YOU HOOKED. SEASON 5 IS A MUST.

Antoinette March 22, 2014 at 6:10 pm

I have been watching The Glades from day 1 … I enjoy it very much, it’s fun and light-hearted. Please do not cancel this show. One of my favorites to watch and be entertained. I was so looking forward to Season 5. Do not leave us in the lurch…please!!!

Joe March 20, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Sure, one of the few family friendly series and it gets cancelled? U got to be kidding! I agree with many others when they say we are starving for some light hearted entertaining programming and instead we r stuck with some of the mindless stuff passed off as ‘quality’ TV.
The writers could vary the order of the scripting once in a while. Same story just a different order of laying it out. That never stopped me from watching the next episode.

phyllis March 20, 2014 at 9:43 am

please don’t cancel Glade I enjoyed watching each week you could cancel bates hotel

Jim March 17, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Have watched the shows that have come out. Waiting so long for season 5. There are many other shows that don’t have the ratings or the loyal following. PLEASE leave “The Glades” on. A&E, Please do not cancel.

LISA G March 16, 2014 at 2:37 pm

KEEP THE GLADES GOING!!!! IT’S ONE OF THE BEST!!! WE NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS!!! IT’S SO MUCH BETTER THAN THOSE “REALITY” SHOWS

Destiny Jacques March 12, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Please bring back the show I love it and u can’t just cut it off the way last season ended!!

diane Hudson March 12, 2014 at 10:56 am

Please bring back the Glades, I have watched since episode 1 and love, love, love the show’s story lines and the actors. Good TV, I can watch with my grand children in the house, and don’t have to worry about language, nudity. and violent, bloody scenes.

greasebeast March 6, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Please don’t cancel, it would get more viewers if they showed it more and at decent times.

M.SHEPPARD March 13, 2014 at 5:19 am

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THE GLADES WE ENJOY THE LIGHT HEARTED SHOW

PJ February 28, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Oh Please don’t cancel Glades, I have watched it from the very first show,.! I love it, love it, love it, it was refreshing after some of this other crap that is out there now LIKE HONEY BOO! Give me a break!!!

M Gumkowski February 27, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Don’t cancel this show!!!!! It’s one of the few shows that I actually watch “live” I absolutely love it! Please keep it…….PLEASE

Laurel February 26, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Bring back The Glades !

Margaret February 24, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Bring back Glades it was one of the best shows on TV!

Dianna Shannon February 24, 2014 at 10:53 pm

I would like to see Glades return, I like the show a lot , and you must tell us what happen at the end of season four.

Jan February 23, 2014 at 1:27 pm

please don’t cancel if you have cancel show how about one of those stupid reality show. This one of the best shows on tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!