The Glades: Cancelled Next or Renewed for Season Five?

The Glades canceled or renewed for season five?Season four of The Glades concluded this week but the show hasn’t been renewed yet. Will it return for season five or will it be cancelled instead?

For those who haven’t seen it, The Glades follows a cocky Chicago detective (Matt Passmore) who moves to South Florida in hopes of finding a more relaxing way of life. He finds instead that he’s busier than ever. Others in the dramedy’s cast include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos G√≥mez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, and Michelle Hurd.

Season four of the show averaged 2.59 million viewers, down by 14% when compared to season three’s average (3.01 million). It’s the lowest-rated of A&E‘s three scripted dramas but hit a new high with its recent finale and an audience of 3.41 million.

While The Glades was the series to help A&E establish itself as a channel with scripted content, things aren’t looking too good for the show’s future. The ratings are down and the show is produced by Fox Television Studios so the cable channel doesn’t have a financial stake in its future.

According to Deadline, the show’s outlook isn’t bright but A&E hasn’t cancelled it yet.

After four seasons, there are 49 episodes of The Glades. That’s not enough for a syndication package but it might be close enough to give Fox incentive to make some kind of special deal to keep it going — either with A&E or another outlet. It would help if there were an appropriate Fox-owned channel but there isn’t.

For now, we’ll have to wait and see. If the show is cancelled, hopefully the producers will tell fans how the fourth season cliffhanger would have been resolved.

What do you think? Would you like to see a fifth season renewal or is it time for The Glades to be cancelled instead?

UPDATE: A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons.

noree montgomery June 23, 2014 at 8:22 pm

we love the show there is not a lot of violence in it and bad language.
just loved it PLEASE BRING IT BACK>

Jeff McCarty June 23, 2014 at 5:46 pm

I fill cheated!!! I love the glades tv show and we the fans need a final season.

Pat June 22, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Bring it back…you did the same with longmeyer, its back love that one too. Glades best stories and blend of actors. Great show. Bring it back, 2.5 million viewers should mean something

D Murphy June 22, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Please don’t cancel The Glades it is an awesome show and I enjoy every episode The writing and the cast are GREAT !!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don’t cancel the show it’s one of the BEST shows I’ve seen in a long time and I watch a lot of television. i hope you don’t cancel the show. i will tell everyone I know how great it is and to watch it. Thank you for allowing me to express my comments.

K. Bisbee June 21, 2014 at 4:42 am

I would really like to see them continue with Season 5 of The Glades TV show. It was a great show and I really enjoyed watching it.

Anonymous June 21, 2014 at 10:31 am

jeremy laster June 20, 2014 at 12:04 am

they need to bring it back or at least tell us what happen to jim and callie

Steve June 19, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Really? Seriously? Bring it back. I’ve always looked forward to watching The Glades.

Anonymous June 18, 2014 at 9:29 pm

I love this show. I want to see a 5 th season .

Nadiya June 18, 2014 at 9:20 pm

I watched 4 sessions in 4 week on Netflix.. Was looking forward everyday after work.. And what now ??? It’s canceled!!???? What a dissupoitment !! I want it back!!!!!!

Mary June 16, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Are you kidding me???? Canceling the Glades after the cliff hangar ending of last season is an insult to those of us who have watched every episode. I love this show and all of its characters. If A&E cancels this show, it will only add to my suspicion that they do not care for their viewers.
They canceled Dog the Bounty Hunter and threatened to cancel Duck Dynasty. What a bunch of idiots!!!!!

Oyvind Holtan June 16, 2014 at 11:21 am

This is one of my favorite and a very entertaining series with some of the most likeable characters on television. Cancel this show and you’ll make a lot of people unhappy.

Davetta June 14, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Are they nuts they keep junk tv like the Mindy project and cancel one of the few series I watch “the Glades” is A&E kidding.

cindy lamb June 14, 2014 at 1:46 pm

we need at least a closure I really enjoyed this series

Justin June 14, 2014 at 11:10 am

Renew the glades it is too good of a show to cancel

Anonymous June 14, 2014 at 11:09 am

This is not a good place to leave a show. That would be infuriating to say the least. The show is great and should be continued.