The Glades: Cancelled Next or Renewed for Season Five?

The Glades canceled or renewed for season five?Season four of The Glades concluded this week but the show hasn’t been renewed yet. Will it return for season five or will it be cancelled instead?

For those who haven’t seen it, The Glades follows a cocky Chicago detective (Matt Passmore) who moves to South Florida in hopes of finding a more relaxing way of life. He finds instead that he’s busier than ever. Others in the dramedy’s cast include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos G√≥mez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, and Michelle Hurd.

Season four of the show averaged 2.59 million viewers, down by 14% when compared to season three’s average (3.01 million). It’s the lowest-rated of A&E‘s three scripted dramas but hit a new high with its recent finale and an audience of 3.41 million.

While The Glades was the series to help A&E establish itself as a channel with scripted content, things aren’t looking too good for the show’s future. The ratings are down and the show is produced by Fox Television Studios so the cable channel doesn’t have a financial stake in its future.

According to Deadline, the show’s outlook isn’t bright but A&E hasn’t cancelled it yet.

After four seasons, there are 49 episodes of The Glades. That’s not enough for a syndication package but it might be close enough to give Fox incentive to make some kind of special deal to keep it going — either with A&E or another outlet. It would help if there were an appropriate Fox-owned channel but there isn’t.

For now, we’ll have to wait and see. If the show is cancelled, hopefully the producers will tell fans how the fourth season cliffhanger would have been resolved.

What do you think? Would you like to see a fifth season renewal or is it time for The Glades to be cancelled instead?

UPDATE: A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons.

Judy September 1, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Please, please, bring back the Glades for season 5. One of the best shows around!!

sandy September 1, 2013 at 11:00 am

Please renew The Glades!!!! I want to see what happens to Jim and Callie. The show is great but probably little know as it is shown on A& E.

lisa September 1, 2013 at 4:54 am

I’m very saddened and upset about th cancellation of ‘The Glades’. Its one of the only show on tv that is a great combination of crime drama, a touch of comedy,as well as a touch of romance! I certainly hope that tht idiots who run AHE have some moments of clarity and see how much they are planning to take away. I miss the other show they must have cancelled about the inmates helping solve crimes (name escapes me rite now). But the glades is th whole reason I even started watching A&E, ‘glades and longmire’ are 2 of the most unique and best crime dramas on television. I can certainly see why idiots would want to cancel. Worst of luck to you in the future! Hope you do not succeed!

kathy kirk September 1, 2013 at 1:46 am

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, don’t cancel the glades. I wait almost a year to see it, then it’s over before it starts. Wish it could be on all year long. I look forward to it every week and watch it rerun after rerun. I think Matt Passmore is the greatest, best looking,cool guy there is on t.v. right now. I don’t see how you guys can just leave the ending hanging like that.

laura gray August 31, 2013 at 3:53 pm

of course renew it!! I love the Glades and the actors. We need to know who shot Jim and if he recovers and if he get’s married.

g. goodman August 31, 2013 at 3:38 pm

love the show .itS the best thing on A&E

Diane August 31, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I can’t believe that the show was cancelled. I LOVE this show. I am very angry that it was cancelled. Every time there is a good, not violent detective show, it gets cancelled.

Connie August 31, 2013 at 12:35 pm

OMG! Come on people!
You can’t leave Jim laying
on the floor like that! Give
Us some closure, PLEASE! :'(

justin August 31, 2013 at 1:31 am

I see lots of places on the net are reporting that a&e canned the glades. Very sad to hear that… I wish they would have the class to make a series finale.

Bruce August 31, 2013 at 1:07 am

Lord I hope the powers that be decide to renew the show! Yeah, the acting is sloppy at times, but no more than a lot of shows in the tv wasteland!!

Julia August 31, 2013 at 12:33 am

I love this show. Easy watching and I find myself giggly at some part of every show. Please bring it back.

stef August 30, 2013 at 11:28 pm

please don’t cancel

Steph August 30, 2013 at 11:01 pm

I like it, beats some of the other drama on tv. Renew it

Nancy Jackson August 30, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Please don’t cancel!!!

Dan August 30, 2013 at 7:37 pm

@ Tvseriesfinale admin – Cancelled after 4 seasons http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/glades-cancelled-amc/