The Glades: Cancelled Next or Renewed for Season Five?

The Glades canceled or renewed for season five?Season four of The Glades concluded this week but the show hasn’t been renewed yet. Will it return for season five or will it be cancelled instead?

For those who haven’t seen it, The Glades follows a cocky Chicago detective (Matt Passmore) who moves to South Florida in hopes of finding a more relaxing way of life. He finds instead that he’s busier than ever. Others in the dramedy’s cast include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos G√≥mez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, and Michelle Hurd.

Season four of the show averaged 2.59 million viewers, down by 14% when compared to season three’s average (3.01 million). It’s the lowest-rated of A&E‘s three scripted dramas but hit a new high with its recent finale and an audience of 3.41 million.

While The Glades was the series to help A&E establish itself as a channel with scripted content, things aren’t looking too good for the show’s future. The ratings are down and the show is produced by Fox Television Studios so the cable channel doesn’t have a financial stake in its future.

According to Deadline, the show’s outlook isn’t bright but A&E hasn’t cancelled it yet.

After four seasons, there are 49 episodes of The Glades. That’s not enough for a syndication package but it might be close enough to give Fox incentive to make some kind of special deal to keep it going — either with A&E or another outlet. It would help if there were an appropriate Fox-owned channel but there isn’t.

For now, we’ll have to wait and see. If the show is cancelled, hopefully the producers will tell fans how the fourth season cliffhanger would have been resolved.

What do you think? Would you like to see a fifth season renewal or is it time for The Glades to be cancelled instead?

UPDATE: A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons.

cherri September 17, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Just finished watching all four seasons on amazon prime and loved it. If I would of known that the series was cancelled, I don’t know that I would have started watching it to have it end in the way it did with no explanation of what happened. How disappointing. It really amazes me how shows like this get cut but all the stupid 30 minute sitcoms continue.

Jim Johnson September 12, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Best Show on A&E. Fox could use it with maybe some better script writers.

Denise September 10, 2014 at 9:12 am

I cannot wait till season 5, this has to continue. Great show and all of the actors are Great.
Please continue with the next season

Anonymous September 9, 2014 at 6:41 pm

keep it going they need to continue the show it was so good and just cant leave people hanging like that it is my favorite show. i started watching it in august i believe and i have watched all four seasons it is just great. The actors fit the roles and do such a good job

Michele September 8, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I’ve been looking for the show on all channels thinking I’d forgotten which one had it on. Love it! Bring it back

Trixie September 8, 2014 at 10:16 am

Please renew for 5th season. Why have a cliffhanger without completing a good ending?
Please Renew this show!!!!!!!!

Jenifer September 8, 2014 at 8:32 am

Love this show. Keep it going!

Jelena September 6, 2014 at 5:58 pm

please renew” the glade”

jeff September 1, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Love this show,keep it going!!!!

don armsey August 29, 2014 at 8:29 am

I only watch about 5 shows.Longmire and the glades are to of them.

Nelida R. Diaz August 27, 2014 at 8:48 pm

I for one agree with a lot of the people who made comments. I would love to see the show return. I enjoyed it very much. I agree that the ending was not what i expected and looked forward to seeing if Jim would live or not. I thought the show was great. looked forward to seeing it every week and drove my husband crazy. Did not miss one episode Please work some thing out and bring it back!!

Alita and arden August 26, 2014 at 10:59 pm

We loved the show. So sad it is cancled

Andrea Hando September 1, 2014 at 7:59 am

I have been looking forward to season all summer! Please don’t cancel ! Does Jim live or die???and who shot him?

Jennie Roman August 26, 2014 at 6:44 pm

I love this show, I hope it continue.

Carol & Dennis August 25, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I couldn’t agree more with every word Pamela had to say. We really enjoyed this series and were definitely looking forward to more. We, as a family, have a movie night, and this series was to start tonight as our turn to choose the movie. Everyone was looking forward to it. We had no idea there would be no further shows. Now I’m afraid we’ll all be left hanging with that terrible ending, although we thought the writer(s) purposely ended it that way so we would look forward to Jim’s return.

We certainly hope the network will reconsider and at least air season 5 so we can have a happier ending. Even better, continue with the series.

Pamela August 25, 2014 at 10:39 am

I am very disappointed that the Glades was not continued, especially since it had some good things going on in it decent things compared to most tv shows now days!! I agree would have liked to have seen a decent ending Or no ending. The actors where well selected, some had families, tried to do the right things as best as we as normal humans can do, as well as had humor along the way.

But what concerns me most is the horrible show Mr Passmore has been swapped to this season. Worst morals, nothing but sex and destruction of marriage and family morals. I expected more from him and you network, but I guess in these days and times it is all about the money for the actors and the networks !! I am so sorry for that.

Guess I will have to start looking for another network to spend my time watching .