The Glades: Cancelled Next or Renewed for Season Five?

The Glades canceled or renewed for season five?Season four of The Glades concluded this week but the show hasn’t been renewed yet. Will it return for season five or will it be cancelled instead?

For those who haven’t seen it, The Glades follows a cocky Chicago detective (Matt Passmore) who moves to South Florida in hopes of finding a more relaxing way of life. He finds instead that he’s busier than ever. Others in the dramedy’s cast include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos Gómez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, and Michelle Hurd.

Season four of the show averaged 2.59 million viewers, down by 14% when compared to season three’s average (3.01 million). It’s the lowest-rated of A&E‘s three scripted dramas but hit a new high with its recent finale and an audience of 3.41 million.

While The Glades was the series to help A&E establish itself as a channel with scripted content, things aren’t looking too good for the show’s future. The ratings are down and the show is produced by Fox Television Studios so the cable channel doesn’t have a financial stake in its future.

According to Deadline, the show’s outlook isn’t bright but A&E hasn’t cancelled it yet.

After four seasons, there are 49 episodes of The Glades. That’s not enough for a syndication package but it might be close enough to give Fox incentive to make some kind of special deal to keep it going — either with A&E or another outlet. It would help if there were an appropriate Fox-owned channel but there isn’t.

For now, we’ll have to wait and see. If the show is cancelled, hopefully the producers will tell fans how the fourth season cliffhanger would have been resolved.

What do you think? Would you like to see a fifth season renewal or is it time for The Glades to be cancelled instead?

UPDATE: A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons.

Cynthia September 14, 2013 at 11:41 pm

I just read that The Glades has been canceled. What an ill-considered and inconsiderate thing to do! The Glades is one of the few shows on U.S. TV that’s watchable – it has a good cast, quirky characters, interesting story lines, and it’s NOT realilty tv.

Please, please don’t leave all of us hanging. Reinstate The Glades and keep your loyal viewers happy…

billy simmons September 14, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I hate to see Glades cancelled, it was one of our favorite shows and we watched it every week. we see all these other crappy shows, like dancing with the stars, who cares if the stars dance. I would rather watch the Olympics than reality shows give us back shows to watch, ncis, csi, glades, truebloods, shows with substance.

R September 12, 2013 at 10:19 pm

I agree. Let’s get rid of a lot of the reality shows. So many good shows have been canceled. I truly enjoyed watching The Glades. Smarten up, TV people. Quit listening to your recently graduated ‘eddicated’ people with new degrees and no experience. LISTEN to America. We want The Glades to continue.

brian September 10, 2013 at 9:09 am

looked forward to watching this show every week. had my pvr set to record just in case. now they will leave us hanging with jim being shot. at least bring back a season five and finsh it off right..

Frances September 3, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Please, please not the Glaces. Take off one of those reality shows that have people swearing and doing a poor job of acting. I want a voice and have it heard. Leave the Glades alone and take something else.

Brenda September 3, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I think canceling The Glades would be a Huge Mistake. The Glades is a terrific show. What is A&E thinking? If The Glades goes A&E has lost a faithful viewer. The season finally left a huge audience. We have seen Jim and Callie fight to be together. I’m sorry A&E if you don’t renew The Glades I won’t renew watching any of your other shows. Please keep The Glades alive I truly love watching this show. A&E rethink your decision. Listen to your viewers

Sunshin6x September 3, 2013 at 2:18 am

Please don’t cancel The Glades. I look forward Monday to see what next going to happen. All the cast are great. We need to know who shot Jim. We know it must be Ray. We want to see Jim & Callie get married. So please I beg don’t cancel The Glades.

Sunshin6x September 3, 2013 at 2:11 am

Please don’t cancel The Glades. The best show on tv. I look forward to every Monday night. . We have see Jim &Callie get married. See who shot Jim . We think its Ray. Ask please don’t cancel .

Kay, New Jersey September 3, 2013 at 12:35 am

It would be a terrible mistake to cancel this show. I truly enjoy watching, In factI order it on demand. Never missed an episodes. Even thou I think who shot Jim was the old friend of Callie whom she help her husband than he was arrested at hospital – A&E must bring it back

Bev September 2, 2013 at 10:27 pm

My husband and I look forward to Monday evenings as we both enjoy The Glades. Even if younger members of the family are present, we know that is one show we don’t have to turn off. I think it would be a big loss if it is not renewed for another season. A lot of people will be very disappointed!

Vicki Houghton September 2, 2013 at 10:00 pm

I get tired watching a great show and having it canceled.

Vicki Houghton September 2, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I want to see another season. So many branches this story could spread out in. Come on, don’t cancel. Don’t make me come down there and shake a few heads,cause my head is shaking now

Erin September 2, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Why Why Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Nooooooooooooooooo is all I have going through my mind about A&E’s decision to cancel The Glades. I feel lied to and betrayed by the powers that be. They had to have known soon enough to at least do a series finally of sorts. Shame Shame Shame on you A&E I know it’s just a show and life isn’t fair but The Glades was one of the few things I looked forward to each week. Thanks for NOTHING

Claudia Vaudreuil September 2, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I waited anxiously for Season 4 of the Glades and wasn’t disappointed until the Finale!!
I was shocked by the ending.The Glades is one of the reasons I watch A&E,not Longmire.
Matt Passmore is terrific, and the ensemble cast follows suit.
The writing is terrific,also.
If A&E cancels this show I’ll not watch another A&E program!
It would be a terrible mistake to cancel this show.So ….to the network ‘powers that be’
please renew to Season 5.There has to be a happy ending in sight.

ardeen guinn September 2, 2013 at 4:47 pm

I will not be a faithful viewer of A&E again if you cancel The Glades or Longfellow.

Karen September 2, 2013 at 1:08 am

I can’t believe they cancelled The Glades! Please give us closure.

Sunshin6x September 3, 2013 at 2:08 am

Pleas don’t cancel The Glades, the best around . We have see Jum &Callie get married. See who shot Jim . We think its Ray. Ask please don’t cancel .