The Glades: Cancelled Next or Renewed for Season Five?

The Glades canceled or renewed for season five?Season four of The Glades concluded this week but the show hasn’t been renewed yet. Will it return for season five or will it be cancelled instead?

For those who haven’t seen it, The Glades follows a cocky Chicago detective (Matt Passmore) who moves to South Florida in hopes of finding a more relaxing way of life. He finds instead that he’s busier than ever. Others in the dramedy’s cast include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos G√≥mez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, and Michelle Hurd.

Season four of the show averaged 2.59 million viewers, down by 14% when compared to season three’s average (3.01 million). It’s the lowest-rated of A&E‘s three scripted dramas but hit a new high with its recent finale and an audience of 3.41 million.

While The Glades was the series to help A&E establish itself as a channel with scripted content, things aren’t looking too good for the show’s future. The ratings are down and the show is produced by Fox Television Studios so the cable channel doesn’t have a financial stake in its future.

According to Deadline, the show’s outlook isn’t bright but A&E hasn’t cancelled it yet.

After four seasons, there are 49 episodes of The Glades. That’s not enough for a syndication package but it might be close enough to give Fox incentive to make some kind of special deal to keep it going — either with A&E or another outlet. It would help if there were an appropriate Fox-owned channel but there isn’t.

For now, we’ll have to wait and see. If the show is cancelled, hopefully the producers will tell fans how the fourth season cliffhanger would have been resolved.

What do you think? Would you like to see a fifth season renewal or is it time for The Glades to be cancelled instead?

UPDATE: A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons.

Myra Egipciaco November 26, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Like I said the network did a big mistake and cancelling the show. If I was the show’s creator I would go to a different network. Like TNT for them to pick up the show for season five.

Myra Egipciaco November 26, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Why would you guys cancel such a great show. I love the show alot. The show doing fine. I believe A&E did a big mistake. The creator of the show should go to a different network like TnT. My sure the network will pick up the show for season 5.

Linda November 25, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Please don’t cancel “The Glades” I love that show, it was entertaining, funny, good plot, and had a romantic side to it.

Joanne Kambeitz November 24, 2013 at 5:24 pm

It is so sad when a show ends in a cliffhanger, we were all anticipating the wedding of Callie and Jim, they both deserved a happy ever after. Now with no season 5 it has left a bitter taste in our mouths…. That once a good show is on that you will cancel it… So sad. There is not much out there to watch. Please at least consider one more season with an out come of what happens to Jim and Callie and who pulled the trigger and bring them to justice…. PLEASE

Jim T November 23, 2013 at 12:18 am

Cant understand Why you canceled the two .best shows on A&E . The glades and Longmire. Well just lost another viewer .I will never WATCH A&E AGAIN.

kat November 22, 2013 at 5:59 am

glades is one of the best shows i have seen please dont cancel this show i will stop wating
your channel whenever you put a show on you cancel it im getting tired of starting to
watch a show than it being canceled

Vickie Jahnke November 18, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Won’t watch another A&E show…due to cancelling on the
Glades and leaving the fans with a cliff hanger…My time is too important to follow a good show and then be let down by A & E….won’t watch any A & E…feel betrayed.. the stars were great..

David Nelson November 15, 2013 at 10:32 am

Why nix a good show and leave everyone hanging. Renew the show or at least make a special and let us know who shot Jim.

shirly wimmer November 13, 2013 at 3:51 pm

They can’t cancel the Glades !!!! We all want to know what happens and who shot Jim and why. Besides I’m with everyone else The Glades and Longmire are the best shows on A&E. The realality is shows insult our intellegances. You will defantly loose me as a veiwer

Theresa November 12, 2013 at 11:01 pm

They CAN NOT cancel this show!

ANDREA AND GREG HALE November 10, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Please make sure that the network keep this show for at least one more season!!!! Especially, the way how its end it!!! it would be the biggest disappointment if all of a sudden it would end this way!!!!!!

Lilia November 7, 2013 at 1:01 am

Please don’t cancel this great show. I’ve watched it
Since the beginning and I love it !! Renew for season 5 A lot
Of faithful viewers will agree

Linda Eden November 3, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Please renew The Glades or at least let another network pick it up. It’s a get show, I was sold on it from the very beginning. I have watched it faithfully for 4 seasons and want to see it continued for season 5. I hate reality shows and think A&E airs far too many shows of Storage Wars and Duck Dynasty. The only two shows I watched on A&E that came close to competing with my regular shows on CBS was The Glades and Longmire. Please reconsider your plans of cancelling a great show and bring it back for season 5.
Linda Eden

shelly November 2, 2013 at 5:20 pm

PLEASE PLEASE don’t cancel The Glades. If the studio or networks are claiming they’re having financial problems, get rid of the 2 new shows now airing on FOX or The Governors Wife (another reality nonsense) on A&E. Problem solved!!! Something’s got to give. Everyone wants another season. I WANT SEASONS!!!! This is a fabulously written show with a great storyline. Jim has great lines and delivery. The ending was terrible and not like the shows premise. I hope Jim had on protected wear and by the episodes end he and Callie are standing taking their vows. I don’t think it had anything to do with ratings. BRING BACK THE SHOW. I’m sure its not to late to get next season started.

ginger herring November 2, 2013 at 1:03 pm

longmire & glades is two of the best shows thats on a&e please dont cancel these two show that would be crazy . and you would lose a lot of your viewer .