The Glades: Cancelled Next or Renewed for Season Five?

The Glades canceled or renewed for season five?Season four of The Glades concluded this week but the show hasn’t been renewed yet. Will it return for season five or will it be cancelled instead?

For those who haven’t seen it, The Glades follows a cocky Chicago detective (Matt Passmore) who moves to South Florida in hopes of finding a more relaxing way of life. He finds instead that he’s busier than ever. Others in the dramedy’s cast include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos G√≥mez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, and Michelle Hurd.

Season four of the show averaged 2.59 million viewers, down by 14% when compared to season three’s average (3.01 million). It’s the lowest-rated of A&E‘s three scripted dramas but hit a new high with its recent finale and an audience of 3.41 million.

While The Glades was the series to help A&E establish itself as a channel with scripted content, things aren’t looking too good for the show’s future. The ratings are down and the show is produced by Fox Television Studios so the cable channel doesn’t have a financial stake in its future.

According to Deadline, the show’s outlook isn’t bright but A&E hasn’t cancelled it yet.

After four seasons, there are 49 episodes of The Glades. That’s not enough for a syndication package but it might be close enough to give Fox incentive to make some kind of special deal to keep it going — either with A&E or another outlet. It would help if there were an appropriate Fox-owned channel but there isn’t.

For now, we’ll have to wait and see. If the show is cancelled, hopefully the producers will tell fans how the fourth season cliffhanger would have been resolved.

What do you think? Would you like to see a fifth season renewal or is it time for The Glades to be cancelled instead?

UPDATE: A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons.

Senior Citizens January 16, 2014 at 8:01 pm

:( Why are so many of the shows we like being cancelled? Please, Please reconsider and bring back The Glades!

Linda January 14, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Bring it back..my daughter and I got hooked on it.. can’t leave it hanging like this.

becky January 14, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Please bring back The Glades…..it’s a high light of my week. And it is sooooooooooooooooo wrong to leave anyone hanging like this…..Please Please Please

gary fuller January 12, 2014 at 7:00 pm

bring it back

Patty Foster January 11, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Since it doesn’t seem to matter how it’s stated,
Short and simple

#%*/$@&%?*, BRING IT BACK!! #%&*?%/+;#

Cathie Hottois January 13, 2014 at 10:47 am

The Glades is one of my favorite shows. Everyone I know watches it and are looking forward to it’s return. Glades is the only reason I even watch that chanel. As far as we are concerned without Glades you have nothing else worth watching! Please return The Glades!

Susan Broadwater January 7, 2014 at 8:29 am

I will never watch a&e shows again. What a horrible way to end a show. I was a follower of the glades and longmire (which I will no longer watch). Now I know why reality shows are thriving.

Pat January 6, 2014 at 10:21 pm

How awful to leave a show hanging like that. Bringing THE GLADES back would be the right thing to do.

Fiarfly January 4, 2014 at 7:39 am

In the age of independent films and the “mini-season”, I cannot believe for one minute that the producers can leave the fans hanging like this. The idiots that made the decision to cancel the show without some sort of short season 5 or season 4 extension resolution, maybe 4 to 6 episodes, clearly had no regard for the fans. Give us what we want. Closure. Please.

grumpy January 2, 2014 at 9:45 pm

I really like the show please bring it back don’t leave us were season 4 ended stop getting rid of the good shows and keeping the crap shows nobody likes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freddi December 30, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Please, Please bring The Glades back!!!!!!!!!!! What a rotten way to end the series!

L Brown December 28, 2013 at 4:20 pm

I really like the Glades and would be really unhappy to see if canclled. Its one of the few things left on A&E that I can watch. Why don’t you cancel Duck dynasty the show is truly horrible!

Sue Denkhoff December 27, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Please bring the glades back?if another station picks it up they will be making a heck of a deal and will come ahead. It was a good show,better than Duck Dynasty,which is dumb.I t has no meaning ,no plot.So please someone ,somebody,some station please pick up the glades?thank you

Lorelei December 25, 2013 at 12:24 am

please bring the glades back. everyone I know truly enjoyed it.

Aly1369 December 24, 2013 at 9:03 pm

I agree, Bring the Glades back, that other show? what was it called? with the convicts? it was stunk, the Glades is a fun to watch show.

shelly December 21, 2013 at 4:58 pm

How dare FOX bring BRIAN back!!!! A &E claimed fewer audience and finance for THE GLADES, when in reality all the efforts went to DUCK DYNASTY! now the show return hangs in the balance, and this is GLEE’s last season(sorry fans). Now what’s the excuse??? ESPECIALLY when season 3 only had 10 episodes. BRING THE GLADES BACK PERIOD!!!!! PERIOD!!! And Jim and Callie standing getting married not from a hospital bed.