The Glades, Longmire: A&E TV Series Premiere June 3rd

Longmire and The Glades to premiereA&E has announced the launch date for their new dramatic TV series, Longmire. It revolves around Walt Longmire (Robert Taylor), the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. The rest of the cast includes Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Cassidy Freeman, and Adam Bartley. Longmire will debut on June 3rd at 10pm with the first of 10 episodes.

It will follow the third season debut of The Glades at 9pm. It’s unclear how many installments have been ordered this time but the previous two seasons of The Glades have had a dozen episodes each. The cast includes Carlos Gomez, Jordan Wall, Kiele Sanchez, Matt Passmore, Michelle Hurd, and Uriah Shelton.

Here’s the press release from A&E:

A&E NETWORK TO PREMIERE NEW ORIGINAL DRAMA SERIES “LONGMIRE” JUNE 3 AT 10 PM ET/PT STARRING ROBERT TAYLOR, KATEE SACKHOFF, LOU DIAMOND PHILLIPS AND BAILEY CHASE

“LONGMIRE” TO IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THIRD SEASON PREMIERE OF HIT DRAMA SERIES ‘THE GLADES’ AT 9 ET/PT

NEW YORK, NY — April 27, 2012 — A&E Network will premiere the new original scripted drama series, “Longmire” on Sunday, June 3 at 10 PM ET/PT immediately following the third season premiere of the returning hit drama “The Glades” at 9 PM ET/PT.

“Longmire,” a contemporary crime thriller set in Big Sky country, is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson. The series stars Australian actor Robert Taylor (The Matrix) as Walt Longmire, the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming,along with Katee Sackhoff (“Battlestar Galactica”), Lou Diamond Phillips (“Numb3rs”), Bailey Chase (“Damages”), Cassidy Freeman (“Smallville”) and newcomer Adam Bartley. The premiere season will feature ten one-hour episodes.

Widowed only a year, Longmire is a man in psychic repair who buries his pain behind a brave face and dry wit. Struggling since his wife’s death and at the urging of his daughter, Cady (Freeman), Longmire knows that the time has come to turn his life around. With the help of Vic (Sackhoff), a female deputy new to the department, he becomes reinvigorated about his job and committed to running for re-election. When Branch (Chase), an ambitious, young deputy decides to run against him for sheriff, Longmire feels betrayed but remains steadfast in his dedication to the community. Worn, but not worn out, Longmire often turns to close friend and confidant Henry Standing Bear (Phillips) for support as he sets out to rebuild both his personal and professional lives, one step at a time.

In Season three of “The Glades,” Callie (Kiele Sanchez) decides to stay in Palm Glade to make it work with Jim (Matt Passmore). However, when she finds jobs in the area to be scarce, their relationship is put to the test as she considers relocating for work. Meanwhile, the station gets shaken up when the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) sends Jennifer Starke (Taylor Cole), the beautiful, dynamic FDLE bureau chief, to evaluate the station’s successful track record in hopes to recreate its high arrest rate state-wide. It soon becomes clear that the success is largely due to Longworth’s unorthodox style of investigation. In order to accomplish her goal, the bureau chief decides to take a more hands on approach in her evaluation, creating an interesting tension between the striking bureau chief and the lone wolf Detective Longworth.

In the season premiere, when Jim and Carlos (Carlos Gomez) investigate the death of a millionaire who bequeathed all his wealth to an organization of UFO enthusiasts, the organization’s leader accuses the police of covering up the true cause of death: an alien abduction. Meanwhile, Jim and Callie’s (Kiele Sanchez) relationship heats up, but Callie’s job search to keep her in Palm Glade falters.

“Longmire” is produced by The Shephard/Robin Company in association with Warner Horizon Television. Hunt Baldwin (“The Closer,” “Trust Me”) and John Coveny (“The Closer” “Trust Me”) wrote the pilot and serve as executive producers along with Greer Shephard (“The Closer,” “Nip/Tuck”) and Michael M. Robin (“The Closer,” “Nip/Tuck”). Christopher Chulack (“Southland,” “ER”) served as director and executive producer of the pilot.

“The Glades” is produced by Fox Television Studios for A&E Network. The series executive producers are Clifton Campbell (“White Collar,” “Profiler,” “21 Jump Street”) for Innuendo Productions, Inc. and Gary Randall (“Saving Grace”) for Grand Productions, Inc. The series is created by Clifton Campbell.

About A&E Network

A&E is “Real Life. Drama.” Now reaching more than 99 million homes, A&E is television that you can’t turn away from; where unscripted shows are dramatic and scripted dramas are authentic. A&E offers a diverse mix of high quality entertainment ranging from the network’s original scripted series, including “The Glades” and “Breakout Kings,” to signature non-fiction franchises, including the Emmy-winning “Intervention,” “Dog the Bounty Hunter,” “Hoarders,” “Beyond Scared Straight” and “Storage Wars,” and the most successful justice shows on cable, including “The First 48.” The A&E Web site is located at www.aetv.com.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to the return of The Glades? Are you going to check out Longmire?

maxine August 26, 2012 at 11:42 am

Please renew the Glades for a 4th season. I love this show and want to see Jim and Callie stay together even though it might get difficult. They have great chemistry and Jim is great at his job. He is also a hunk. It is my favorite show and they are my favorite couple. Please renew.

Dory August 23, 2012 at 7:33 am

I realize there were extenuating cicumstance for Kiele on season 3. We’ll know when they are ready to announce. My question is: What kind of representation does she have. Jim has great reps (he should) the BC had fabulous reps. Gorgeous clothes, 8 eps which she took over almost completely. In season 2 Kiele was dressed dowdy while SS was dressed in the best. The makeup girl & wardrobe mistress don’t seem to care. Can”t they afford to hire someone good. Bloomingdales makeup counter ladies do better then them. However, this is where reps should step in. There’s more to a client then 10%. Kiele should rethink their role in her career. IMHO.

Dory August 7, 2012 at 6:40 am

There are so many opinions on the posts re: BC. Most are very negative. If it has been preordained that she be a regular or Jim’s love interest it will be. TPTB are not people who listen to the fans. I doubt if any smart actress comes on a show knowing she would ruin it. Not a smart career move. I havn’t noticed that SS has been thrown into national prominence after her poor performance on the Glades. I don’t follow her career. Beautiful? Of course. It’s an asset but there are soooo many. The models on commercials are drop dead gorgeous. Beauty is not at a premium in the show biz world.

janice July 30, 2012 at 4:20 pm

If callie an jim don t stay together I will stop watching the show! Have every show from very beginning. Would like to see for once that writers show some guys can resist cheating an be faithful

Dory July 24, 2012 at 9:09 am

I feel The Glades will be renewed. (If they havn’t already). Matt Passmore at the helm has gotten them through bad writing and a lot o0f criticism. He has a devoted fan base. The ladies love him and by all accounts is a real nice guy in real life. I also feeel that the Jim Callie component is a strong contributor. They’ve also had some real bad actors whom Matt has carried through. On the positive side it appears Matt is working out a little harder and is building his upper body. Positive thing. Most every show has 2 things a resident genius and a resident hunk. Without Callie I don’t watch the show but I peek in occasionally because I love the original cast. Matt is looking good. Jim looked good as he was. I’m a strong believer in the gym. I can’t afford a personal trainer. I,m 40 and will continue till I can’t walk. Good for health and career. Best luck in season 4.

Dory July 23, 2012 at 12:30 pm

After an evening (Sunday the only nite I have To follow a show) found the glades unbelievable. The Jen character (not the actress fault is definately taking over the show. Jim is falling for her and they will make Callie the culprit. The I love yous were nice but Jim was a little weak and the look on his face after Callie left looked like – OMG What did I do. We/ll celebrate when Callie leaves???? Tiger???? They couldn’t even kiss without her bursting into the room. Yeah right she was brought on to police FDLE. She was brought on to lure Jim from Callie.The promo for 8/3 was even more nauseous making. Hanging from trees, shedding some clothing. Jim’s reaction was priceless. Callie was not shown for 1 second on that promo. I wonder who thought of the tree thing. Oh right the writers. I have thought since SS that a monkey with a crayon could write better. Why do they ruin this show. They must have some accountability.Possibly to the creator. They continue to make a mess. OH WEll Good season 1. I loved it.

mike July 22, 2012 at 8:14 pm

like the story lines and the chemistry and the actors of both the glades and longmire. please keep both shows going .

Dory June 20, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I read on another post that the Longmire ads are a bit much. I really like the show so far but I do agree they are overdoing a bit. Maybe because its new. Sticking my 2 cents in, I’m really amazed at the Glades ad. The one were he blows off Callie’s call telling him she misses him This when Jennifer walks in. Do they have to emphasize their disregard for the character. I have nothing against the lovely girl playing the role but I think we all know what’s coming. Why rub it in ahead of time. I’m glad I gave up the show but I still wish the best to the cast.

Dory June 19, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Saw a promotional of Glades. Talor Cole telling Jim she was going to stick around. Sort of special like Sam. Big difference she is special. I hope Callie wins out because I’m one of her loyal fans.

Dory June 13, 2012 at 7:19 am

Saw on a&e site. They have ep synopsis.6/27 Jennifer takes a personal interest in Jim. They didn’t wait long.

Dory June 11, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Really like Longmire. He’s a real old fashioned guy. Tough, kind and plays by the book. Some favorite moments: Telling his deputy to read Conan Doyles Hounds of the Baskervilles. Katee Sackoff’s dance when she revealed her inpressive cleavage. The revelation that the deputy was his daughters lover. Bailey Chase is not hard to take. Square jawed and looks great sans shirt. Makes a great antagonist. Didn,t see all of Glades. The promos don’t look very promising for Callie and Jim. Nor do the episode synopsis. Writers at it again. Oh well no matter what Larry, Mo and Curly will whip out the crayolas and slash whatever they please. After all they are the bosses.

m ellis May 28, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Am dying for The Glades to start! Someone said it was cancelled and I almost had a stroke! What are they thinking. I hope you article means it has not been cancelled.

JJX May 5, 2012 at 9:56 pm

The first season finale left me a fan waiting for more, but the second season disappointed. The simplicity (probably born of budget constraints) of the first season suited it well. Still, I love most of the characters and hope Season 3 captures the Longworth/Callie magic generated in the first season. Enough of the weird villages made up of circus performers or psychics! (Can I just say,’Euwww?’) This show works best when the tension between Longworth’s love for Callie and Callie’s life situation weaves in and out while a (smart, please) mystery is solved. Callie’s husband – not good enough for her, but a powerful bad-boy impediment to Callie & Jim’s relationship – was awesome. I hope he comes back but “Sam” or whatever her name was from Chicago, stays away. The first season’s extra love interest (the pharmaceutical rep with the boat) was much more interesting and painful, because she was terrific. These writers need to understand the ‘yin and yang’ better. I’m pulling for them! The show has real possibilities and the leads have charisma.

Dory May 20, 2012 at 9:14 am

I couldn’t have found another opinion that was so close to mine. Rachael Carpani was terrific. Sorry about against the wall but hopeful she’ll get something even better. Regarding Jim & Callie I lost interest and gave up on season 2. The whole season revolved around an actress who couldn’t act. By all appearences they have some real problems thie year including a stunning girl who can act. This is not any criticism of her. I am a Kiele Sanchez fan and don,t want to see her suffer. What could this writers have in store for her maybe a rain of toads?

Dory September 5, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Purusing some past comments I saw one of my own saying I heard that the beautiful Jen could act. WRONG. It was awful actually painful. Never make a comment until you see for your self.

Barbara Jackson April 30, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Definitely will watch Longmire. Lou Diamond Phillips always puts in an intense performance so I will watch anything he’s in.

Dory May 20, 2012 at 9:52 am

I,m also with you Barbara. Still love the cast of the Glades but gave it up because its more upsetting than entertaining. Hope Longmire will be my regular Sunday nite watch. He got me when on a promo he quoted Robert Frost.

Jeff April 30, 2012 at 11:12 am

looking forward to Longmire – Glades is average, but still on my “watch” tv list.