The Glades: Season Four Renewal for A&E TV Show

The Glades on A&E season four renewalA&E has renewed The Glades for a fourth season. The news was first announced by Glades co-star Jordan Wall with a special video.

While walking down the street, Wall tells Glades fans that he’s wearing a Tampa Tech shirt because his character, nerdy Daniel Green, attends the university and his TV show has just been renewed.

Produced by Fox Television Studios, season three of The Glades averaged 3.01 million viewers and a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That represents a 16% increase in viewership over season two.

Here’s the press release from A&E:

A&E ORDERS FOURTH SEASON OF THE HIT DRAMA SERIES “THE GLADES” FROM FOX TELEVISION STUDIOS

NEW YORK – September 12, 2012 – A&E Network has picked up a fourth season of the acclaimed drama series, “The Glades” starring Matt Passmore, it was announced today by David McKillop, Executive Vice President of Programming for A&E Network and BIO Channel.

The third season of “The Glades” averaged 4.1 million total viewers (up 5% from season two based on Live +7 viewing) per premiere episode. “The Glades,” along with A&E’s hit scripted drama series “Longmire,” propelled A&E to ad-supported cable’s number one network on Sunday nights among total viewers this past summer during their run.

Season four of “The Glades” will begin production soon and will premiere in 2013. A&E is currently in pre-production on the new scripted drama series “Bates Motel,” slated for a 2013 premiere and the second season of the scripted hit series “Longmire,” which also will premiere in 2013.

“The Glades” also stars Kiele Sanchez (“Lost,” “Samantha Who?”), Carlos G√≥mez (“Shark,” “Sleeper Cell”) and Michelle Hurd (“Law & Order SVU,” “Gossip Girl”).

“The Glades” is produced by Fox Television Studios for A&E Network. The series executive producers are Clifton Campbell (“White Collar,” “Profiler,” “21 Jump Street”) for Innuendo Productions, Inc. and Gary Randall (“Saving Grace”) for Grand Productions, Inc. The series was created by Clifton Campbell.

About A&E Network

A&E is “Real Life. Drama.” Now reaching more than 99 million homes, A&E is television that you can’t turn away from; where unscripted shows are dramatic and scripted dramas are authentic. A&E offers a diverse mix of high quality entertainment ranging from the network’s original scripted series, including “The Glades” and “Longmire,” to signature non-fiction franchises, including the Emmy-winning “Intervention,” “Duck Dynasty,” “Hoarders,” “Beyond Scared Straight” and “Storage Wars,” and the most successful justice shows on cable, including “The First 48.” The A&E website is located at www.aetv.com.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that The Glades has been renewed? How many seasons do you think the series should run?

Beth January 19, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I absolutely love the glades. I am thrilled they are coming back. I love the cast and truly hope we don’t lose callie

pats January 10, 2013 at 11:46 am

Glade to hear coming back on.

The D December 29, 2012 at 8:52 pm

very glad-love the show!

mathsman34 December 23, 2012 at 11:41 pm

another very good show … each episode is always enjoyable …when will season 4 ‘ air ‘ in USA ???

Tom Maine October 29, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Glad it was renewed. Good show, good characters. Hope it runs a couple more years at least.

Deidre October 16, 2012 at 5:50 am

Once in a while I see a comment by Matt Passmore (twitter) on another post. He does so many wonderful things socially. The most recent going to see the Peter Gabriel concert. He also does some cultural things ( I consider that cultural) You go Matt. In a few months you’ll be filming and working your butt off.

Deidre October 12, 2012 at 10:01 am

Things have quieted down a bit on the posters. I watched my season 1 DVD a couple of wks ago and heard many Jimisms. MP has a really good comedic ability. Favorite was to Mike Ogletree in the pilot: “I hate it here but I might have met someone. She has a kid and a husband in prison but we’ll see how it goes.” Hope in season 4 the writers will use this ability. The guys a versatile actor give him dialogue to work with.

Beverly Schaut September 23, 2012 at 11:25 am

Finally, the news I wanted to hear renewed for 4th season. Love the interaction between Callie and Jim so real. There is enough man stuff to keep my husband interested.

Crunchers September 21, 2012 at 9:05 am

Glad to hear it is being renewed for fourth season. Cannot wait to see what happens with Jim and Callie..

Deidre September 20, 2012 at 4:53 pm

OMG. Just read some of the weirdest comments on another board. Severe criticism of Callie. They are certainly allowed. Callie bashing is not unique. The choice of language was odd. Never seen it on this board before. Where did it come from. Not something I want to read. Good luck to the cast. Hope they write you all a little better.

Heather Andersen September 18, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I am so glad they are renewing the season. How many seasons wil depend on how they handle the two love birds. If they keep avoiding the relationship, they may as well not create another season for me.

Diane Sprinkle September 16, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I love The Glades and the cast, but Matt and Kiele are my favorite. I hope to see Jim and Callie will get it right soon, I love them together. The Glades is the only show on A&E that I like and I would to see reruns .

Jeremy Rynek September 16, 2012 at 9:31 am

I’m just wondering what took so long for the renewal we all knew it was gonna get picked up, but they made us wait to hear about it for some reason.

Deidre September 21, 2012 at 7:49 am

They did it last season too. SHRUG

Rachael Lynn September 12, 2012 at 11:42 pm

So refreshing…always look forward to this couple..good writing..good acting ..just goes by too fast..one of my favorites…good job all!

June Jackson September 12, 2012 at 8:12 pm

The Glades is up there with the Mentalist, Castle, NCSI, Bones..that is to say, very watchable and consistant week after week. Renew.